Recent Topics

Ads

Runepriest any good? Returning player

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
phoramix87

Runepriest any good? Returning player

Post#1 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:11 pm

Hey, planning to come back after a long time and wanted to play as a Runepriest healer.

How is this class performing?
Pros and cons?

I'm gonna ORvR/Sc

Thanks!

Ads
DjentlyDoesIt

Re: Runepriest any good? Returning player

Post#2 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:14 am

I have just started my RP last night and am only r10/rr11. I could also use some help as a returning player I'm a bit lost.

deadlyhat

Post#3 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:20 am

RP is a solid healer with great group utility always wanted in PvE/SC's and oRvR/City's, they are pretty squishy in lower gear but once you get them geared up and know how to properly position and de-taunt they are almost as tanky as WP/Dok and they are one of the least played careers in the game atm so you will always find a spot in WB's

Skip to 11:50 to see the career distribution chart, if you would like proof they are least played career currently not because they are bad but because people don't like the look of them
https://youtu.be/OBZP_BtrA_U

Panodil

Post#4 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:39 am

Its the best healer in the game. Tanky mostly because you can be on move and do most healing.
Gearing is kinda easy, when you get to vanq set you will not need to rush invader/sov because vanq is supergood.
RP/zealot is by far my favorite healer, both those and dok/wp at rr80 btw.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

CountTalabecland

Post#5 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:15 pm

IMO Warrior Priest is easier and has better access to HoTs and AoE heals.

Yes the RP has mobility but you will have a harder time covering burst damage. Your Magic Shield is also worse than the WPs since it is not AoE.

The best thing RP brings is the AoE AP regeneration Rune.

For new players, just focus on positioning. You always want to be as far away as possible from destro as possible while still in healing range of your tanks. Do not get discouraged if the RDPS die a lot, most of them are not guarded or good and you cannot save them.

Focus on healing the tanks and MDPS as they do the majority of the work.

Also learn to use detaunt.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

abezverkhiy

Post#6 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:03 am

Another good thing about RP is flexibility- you have two modes - healing and damaging and you swap them on the go, something that WPs can't do.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

mekal

Post#7 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:17 am

Couldnt speak for warband play as I only 2-6 man outside of cities so with that in mind imo rp is the best healer in game

Broodling

Post#8 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:26 pm

Rune Priest is in a pretty darn good place all around... some of the things I see in here will lead you a little off base. First off the not many RP use the AP rune because the healing rune with the AP on direct heal tactic is nearly as good for AP and just great for keeping fluff damage topped off. Second swapping from heal to dps is not as easy as clicking a button like someone said.... yes it may help you do a little more damage and is very useful to toggle if you are going to stagger/silence someone but the minimal amount of damage you get from it I'm just not sure it worth it in most cases.

Ads
Gargis

Post#9 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:34 pm

I disagree that the best thing about the RP is AP/Fury GTAE rune.

If you are using that you loose a large amount of mitigation/protection.

The best wb set up is Rune of Adamant with Ancestors Echo tactic. Left tree to stagger. Right tree for AE armor debuff if you have the points.

Tactics: AE, Reg Shielding, Grungi’s Gift, 4th-variable.
Consider; Restorative burst or AI.

Do not try to spam grp heal. Rather, hot w/Rune of reg and fill in with rune of mending. Rune of serenity for oop support. Grp heal if no ST pressure.

Careful with Rune of reg. If you face BO/chopper combo, they can sever hots 2x as much as Order. Then we loose up time on Reg shielding procs.

True irony considering zealots did not have that tactic on live. More poor balancing decisions.

Foomy44

Post#10 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:21 pm

Broodling wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:26 pm Rune Priest is in a pretty darn good place all around
DPS RP says Hi you liar.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman