Recent Topics

Ads

Slayer Leveling

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
NSKaneda

Re: Slayer Leveling

Post#21 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:05 pm

youngooze wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:02 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:57 am
Spoiler:
goat90 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:23 am Looking to level a Slayer got to lvl 9 so far.

So the issue Im running into is stat priority and rotation, ATM I feel like I am just rolling my face across my keyboard, no real thought in my rotation how are you slayers currently slaying Chaos?

Are the stats I want to look for different between 2h and DW Slayers? Is one style better than the other? I am currently DW because thats all Ive gotten so far so I am not committed to a spec yet.

Any advice would be great!

Slayers are fun, saddened to see another dawi take Grimnir's oath but welcome on the Road to your Doom. May it be Glorious! :)

If you really want to get into the class (my main with IB during live) take it slow. In T1 focus on battlefield awareness, your Doom might be magnificent but a slayer that lives to see another day gets to fight bigger threats. So: detaunt and charge are your friends, use terrain (hills, slopes, trees) to brake line of sight of those pesky goblins, nasty elgi or magi. Learn to circle them, jump in and out of fight - your defence suffers from enraged state and you get sloppy.
Wild swing's gonna be your main rage discharge skill. It can crit nicely and it's good at catching running away targets.
Incapacitate is your knock down, use on mSHs, healers, casters.
Enervating blow is going to be your defence against WEs, Sorcs and magi, use it on shammies and doks too.
No escape is so good you're gonna be itchy to use it on destro blobs. Especially if you've used Onslaught on your way over there.

Now you are in close combat. Shatter limbs.

Inevitable doom

There's a lot of them. Better toughen up to Even the odds.

Now comes the decision. A - disengage or B - press on?

A. Wild swing. Distracting roar, your detaunt, will let you charge away. Get some heals while you circle the enemies. Find a target. Alright, Gudrun's warcry. Fierceness of that warcry sent chills down your opponent spine. Charge in and open with

B. Onslaught. Inevitable doom. Slow down (or No escape). Deep wound. Shatter limbs. Pulverising strike.

Inevitable doom.

Flurry. Flurry. Flurry. Pulverising strike. Retribution

Wild swing.

Slow down. Deep wound. Shatter limbs. Onslaught. Flurry (if needed) and Wild swing or no escape.

Disengage.

That would be standard rules of engagement. Then there are tricks for dealing with particularly nasty opponents - you should avoid DoKs and WEs, they'll melt you till you get good gear (and even then it won't be easy with good ones). Maras might prove problematic if they know their mutations.

Herders in an open field can and will kill you 7 times out of 10 but if you charge up to them, onslaught, knockdown, ID, slow down and shatter limb them you have a good chance of slicing that gobbo down. If they're in their accursed meatball build rage with onslaught and keep your distance till Incapacitate is ready. Then engage.

-
-

Stats. Now there's a topic Longbeards argue about for ages. Let's leave end game specs alone and focus on leveling up.

Actually, before we begin. Stat allocation differs from dual (generally crit and parry based) to 2H (strength and melee power). I'd say stay away from 2H till you get good gear but then again I've always played dual so I might be biased. Dual IS easier though, especially at the beginning of your saga.

Every stat below this point is taking bolster bonus into account. To keep bolster bonus at max efficiency you need best gear up to your lvl. I will get to that later.

Strength: your primary dmg modifier, good to keep it at around 800 in T3, if you can get it to 850 then super. Rule of thumb - at soft cap or close to it till you get to T3 (anni/merc). Then you can experiment with mixes (6BL 3 anni, 5BL 2 anni 2 merc and so on). It's a good practice to have 60min str pot on in the lakes or in scs.

Weapon skill: good to have some to cut those tincans open but no reason to go over 600 till you get to mid T4. 400 is ok.

Crit: you can't really get any real melee crit chance till T4. Leave it for the time being.

Toughness: 300. If you can get 400 - great.

Dodge&disrupt: stage 2 in renown training. 3 is better.

Initiative: 200 for leveling is ok. Higher is better.

Wounds: around 6k. 7k if your bank account is heavy with gold (but what dwarf would part with his gold, eh?)

Willpower - forget it.

Inteligence: is needed but useless as a stat.

Ballistic power: only Malakai Makaisson, the legendary Slayer Engineer needs that ;)

Armour: hidden bonus. Thanks to your Ancestral Inheritance trinkets and armour pot combo you won't die as much.

-
-

Gear:

T1: decimator or challenger, lair weapon and helm, inf or sc weapons, whichever comes first. PVE drop shoulders and cape. Empire ch2 or ch3 belt with talisman slot. Inf + merch jewels.

T2: I'd go for devastator/duelist mix for tough and resist bonus and one of 3rd bonuses. You could try full set to see if you like it. Scenario weapons, epic quest line helm (or ch8 or 9 helm). Blue or purple cape (or green with toughness). Mayhem is more of 2H set but that armour debuff bonus is awesome to have.

T3: Anni/Merc/Beastlord combinations galore. Full ruin if you want to try out rampage. Scenario weapons (no chance for T3 inf weapons). T3 inf belt with resists on. Epic quest weapons when you feel like pve trip for cool looking alt appearances (looking good gives +50 to fighting skills ;) ).

T4. BL/Conq and full conq + full genesis city. Welcome to T4, real grind starts here :)

-

Bonus: Praag PQs have old invader boots, gloves and shoulder skins in their chapters. Mayhem chest will give you those dyeable sailor pants. Axe of the Lady skin is repeated on few lvl25-35 blue and purple drops so you might get lucky if you missed it in T1.

-
-

Build:

Troll Slayer - lvling up build.
You'll notice I don't recommend using Wild Gambit - you'll die a lot faster with WG on and you want to have some fun, not respawning every few minutes. Start with getting No escape, then work your way to Shatter limbs. Inevitable doom next and with full utility pouch work your way to Deep wound.
Good hunting,
Ginnarr Grimnirsson, Slayer from Karak Norn
Thanks a lot for this post, it has some great information for new players like myself!

Glad I could help. May your doom be legendary :)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads