Recent Topics

Ads

The Patch of Folly

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
abezverkhiy

Re: The Patch of Folly

Post#11 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:12 am

Today is full of moronic threads. First about WEs, now this. Next will be 'make crabs playable race' I am willing to wager.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
Caduceus

Re: The Patch of Idiocy

Post#12 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:16 am

Xameleon wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:00 am

By the way, i quickly checked your post history. All of your messages regarding balance and balance changes by devs had something in common. It is always "It feels like" "I think" "It should be". I get it, your opinion and criticism are VERY important, (but not exactly needed tho) but what about raw stats? What's your samplesize of data, that makes you "feel like it"? Whats up with the number of engi and magi that makes you "sensing" outnumbering?

At least he's being honest about it.

I'd rather have that, than the posters who share meaningless data without context in an attempt to give their feelings false credibility.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

XsorrowerX

Post#13 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:43 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:12 am Today is full of moronic threads. First about WEs, now this. Next will be 'make crabs playable race' I am willing to wager.
I'd play a crab for sure. They are adorable.

Whyumadbro

Post#14 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:46 am

my thoughts after reading this post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE4YI3j ... Matragrano

Wiede

Post#15 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:57 am

XsorrowerX wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:43 am
abezverkhiy wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:12 am Today is full of moronic threads. First about WEs, now this. Next will be 'make crabs playable race' I am willing to wager.
I'd play a crab for sure. They are adorable.
Now i want crabs...

Imagine a kite-grp full of strafe-strafing crabs

Orontes

Re: The Patch of Idiocy

Post#16 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:05 pm

Xameleon wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:00 am
Orontes wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:35 am My sense is engi players far outnumber magi. Some of the strongest and most organized guild(s) are Dwarf focused. It's not uncommon to see organized dwarf groups with many engi working together. There are also many high renown players that are engi. If all that is correct, what is the sense of those players to the March 18 Patch of Idiocy, and the halving of engi/magi bonus damage to Live levels by Powers that don't seem to understand the class at all?
Can you stop crying already?

By the way, i quickly checked your post history. All of your messages regarding balance and balance changes by devs had something in common. It is always "It feels like" "I think" "It should be". I get it, your opinion and criticism are VERY important, (but not exactly needed tho) but what about raw stats? What's your samplesize of data, that makes you "feel like it"? Whats up with the number of engi and magi that makes you "sensing" outnumbering? All i'm trying to say, is that you were never constructive. I haven't seen you bringing up some data or facts to the arguments, only feels and senses. And yeah, a lot of crying

Minus one point for the personal attack.

The core argument has already been laid out. If you perused my posts you should have seen it. What has been established is:

-The Dev(s) responsible for the patch does not play engi/magus, but rely on others for information.
-In an earlier patch, Mist and Napalm (an engi and magus ability) were made defendable.
-One who supplies class reports to the Devs. (a Cqengi) explained to the Devs. both abilities being defendable were now applying bonus damage.
-The Dev noted both abilities have a low stat multiplier, but high base damage. This meant toughness mitigation was not performing as desired.
-Damage total analyses were based on City instance scores.
-Instead of making corrections to the two abilities being looked at, the bonus damage for all abilities was halved from 40% to 20%.
-The one responsible for Class reports explained to the Dev. City instance totals are informed by AOE skills and do not necessarily have anything to do with pet damage bonus as in City actions, pet die too quickly. This was ignored.
-The Patch explained the change of all bonus damage from 40% to 20% as a bug fix.

The above points are not in dispute from the Devs.

-The bug fix claim has been disproven.
-The 40% damage was part of a patch to in 2016 to correct the poor performance of engi/magi and has been in affect for nearly 5 years. It is also incorporated in the forum wiki.:

Per the Oct 2016 Patch notes:

"Changes to Improvised Upgrades and Unholy Empowerment:+ Damage is increased by 5% per stack instead of 4%.
+ The maximum stack is now 8, up from 5, for a maximum bonus of 40% damage.
+ These buffs will also increase the range of both you and your pet by 6.25% per stack, to a maximum of 50%"

Per the game wiki:

"Turrets grant up to 8 Improvised Upgrades stacks every 2s when within 30ft of your turret. Damage is increased by 5% per stack for a max of 40% damage. 4 stacks of Improvised Upgrades are lost when a turret is destroyed for any reason. All stacks of Improvised Upgrades are lost when a turret of a different type than the last is constructed."

The rationale for the change was a lie.

According to the class report source:

-The submitted data on two abilities was misunderstood.
-An overcorrection was applied to all abilities for both classes, rather than focusing on the two abilities in question

yhani

Post#17 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:50 am

i think tb is actually helping engineers since they dont crit anyway so its like dump stat versus them
Vadhal - kotbs rr80+

Sulorie

Post#18 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:54 am

yhani wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:50 am i think tb is actually helping engineers since they dont crit anyway so its like dump stat versus them
They don't crit? How do you come to that conclusion?
Dying is no option.

Ads
Spellbound

Post#19 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:59 am

Also want to add a day after the 20% pet patch, an engy still did 9 million damage with the screenshot posted from city. So that does prove the city damage was not related to pet damage.

If that was the goal, then it didn’t solve the issue.

yhani

Post#20 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:41 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:54 am
yhani wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:50 am i think tb is actually helping engineers since they dont crit anyway so its like dump stat versus them
They don't crit? How do you come to that conclusion?
well, i rarely take crit dmg from magus and that is quite mirrored from engi afaik
Vadhal - kotbs rr80+