Recent Topics

Ads

The Patch of Folly

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Orontes

The Patch of Folly

Post#1 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:35 am

My sense is engi players far outnumber magi. Some of the strongest and most organized guild(s) are Dwarf focused. It's not uncommon to see organized dwarf groups with many engi working together. There are also many high renown players that are engi. If all that is correct, what is the sense of those players to the March 18 Patch of Idiocy, and the halving of engi/magi bonus damage to Live levels by Powers that don't seem to understand the class at all?

(judging from reactions, the original title was too acerbic. I changed it to something less so)
Last edited by Orontes on Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Stophy22

Re: The Patch of Idiocy

Post#2 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:37 am

Yikes
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Spellbound

Post#3 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:06 am

RIP

Martok

Post#4 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:15 am

“He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee.”
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Jinxypie

Post#5 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:18 am

Way to approach ppl that let you play on their server...
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Orontes

Post#6 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:41 am

The Patch presents the halving of engi and magi bonus damage as a bug fix. This is demonstrably false. The evidence was presented in comments to the patch. Engi and magi had their pet bonus damage increased to 40% in the Oct patch of 2016. It was part of the classes' reworks, therefore intentional. This means either:

1) the patch claim is based on a lie
2) the patch claim is based on ignorance

The title of the thread is the more charitable option.

Even so, I'm interested in the reaction from the well entrenched engi community
Last edited by Orontes on Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Orontes

Post#7 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:43 am

Martok wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:15 am “He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee.”
I like Nietzsche too.

havartii

Post#8 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:53 am

I still see plenty of engi and magi, they are still doing well in all aspects of the game. I think you should relax and try it out, yes it is understood that no one likes to be nerfed, no matter how minor. I believe the devs did the maths for you , and it works out to 4% with 5 stacks.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#9 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:57 am

No idea, how you can say that good guilds are dwarf focused, is this some kind of joke?
Maybe you just mean that Runepriest is one of the best healers and Slayer is the best mdps in the game, so they are popular? Engineer has nothing with that.

Xameleon

Post#10 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:00 am

Orontes wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:35 am My sense is engi players far outnumber magi. Some of the strongest and most organized guild(s) are Dwarf focused. It's not uncommon to see organized dwarf groups with many engi working together. There are also many high renown players that are engi. If all that is correct, what is the sense of those players to the March 18 Patch of Idiocy, and the halving of engi/magi bonus damage to Live levels by Powers that don't seem to understand the class at all?
Can you stop crying already?

By the way, i quickly checked your post history. All of your messages regarding balance and balance changes by devs had something in common. It is always "It feels like" "I think" "It should be". I get it, your opinion and criticism are VERY important, (but not exactly needed tho) but what about raw stats? What's your samplesize of data, that makes you "feel like it"? Whats up with the number of engi and magi that makes you "sensing" outnumbering? All i'm trying to say, is that you were never constructive. I haven't seen you bringing up some data or facts to the arguments, only feels and senses. And yeah, a lot of crying