Recent Topics

Ads

difficulty for classes

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
draakpowernl

difficulty for classes

Post#1 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:14 am

hello i have a question wat is reconmendent for beginners by the dwarf i saw ironbreaker is best hard to learn i looked up oon google and youtube but cant find annyting

Ads
XsorrowerX

Re: difficulty for classes

Post#2 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:30 am

Depends if you want to be a tank, melee dps, ranged dps, or healer?

Easiest dwarf class to play is probably Slayer, in terms of complexity, which is melee dps. However, learning the in's and outs of playing melee dps, in and of itself, can be a bit difficult at times as a beginner. Expect to die a lot until you learn that part and/or make friends to group with. And groups should be easy to find, everyone wants slayers usually.

Engineer is ranged dps and a bit safer to play solo, but they have a bunch of working parts in comparison.

Runepriest is pretty standard for a heal class and if you enjoy that style, is also a good choice to start.

I would start with an easier tank class before trying an Ironbreaker and getting the basics to playing a tank down first, before trying to also worry about the Ironbreaker's mechanics. I play a Blackguard and it's similar, a lot of things to juggle.

zulnam

Post#3 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:58 am

Runepriest is a pretty easy healer to get good at. On the same level as Warrior Priest, some say easier.

Whatever you pick you will have an initial struggle until you learn game knowledge: guards, taunt and detaunt, blobbin, morales.

I suggest playing RP since you will get in organised warbands easier. That is where a lot of learning takes place.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

billyk

Post#4 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:06 am

Runepriest is good
Engi is good

Don't bother with Slayer because Order groups suck. If you want a halfway enjoyable melee dps experience, play WL or even WH instead.

zulnam

Post#5 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:11 am

Lol. Don't make an engi. It is overpopulated and you only need 1 for warbands, at best.

And slayer is the best mDPS on order when it comes to warbands. The guy above is trolling.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

billyk

Post#6 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:20 am

lol do you even play the game or are you just parroting memes?

Slayer will not work because Slayer lacks the mobility to do stuff (No pounce or stealth) and will burst like a grape if an Ork just looks at him. In a normal MMO, he would be guarded and healed, but this is Order we are talking about.
I have a Slayer and a WH, and the supposedly underperforming WH is much, much, much more pleasant to play. Just go solo roaming and gank Destros. And if you fail, it's because of yourself, not because your healer was busy picking his nose or your tank was an xrealmer who threw you to the wolves for fun.

normanis

Post#7 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:29 pm

u can play 2h ironbreaker. and find best friend ather dps. he will say thx u for all guards and buffs. ib can hit hard he debuff armor for clases who cant do it. and buff clases who dont have buffs. best for duo.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Sulorie

Post#8 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:50 pm

As a new player, I suggest you pick a class wanted for groups, to make it easier to connect to other people.
For dwarfs it would be either Rune Priest or Iron Breaker, as tanks and healers are wanted the most.
When you know nobody on the server, finding a group as dps class is most difficult.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Sofong

Post#9 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:04 pm

help order, play a healer.

arorwne
Suspended

Post#10 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:59 pm

For beginners? Rune Priest, if you don't mind healers. Super easy to gear up(very low gear dependency ; only BW is lower imo), strong heals even with mediocre gear, mobile, good self sustain, ok dmg support...

...it's simply got to be Rune Priest. Other 3 all have their ups and downs and I can't simply recommend them. RP I can.