Recent Topics

Ads

[IB] max armor build

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
phononHYPE

[IB] max armor build

Post#1 » Sat May 15, 2021 5:06 am

So I like to play around and go for extremes in alts. I had a zealot with 914 Initiative, I have a WL with 1.2 auto-attack speed, and of course a choppa with 1064 wounds that is close to solo tanking (with great healers) some BB+BE bosses. It's what I do with my time in game.

Now, I want to see how high my armor can go, so naturally I turn to you fine grumblers - the Iron Breaker. But I also might not want to do this if someone else has, so I ask:

What is the max armor you could pull off? I'm thinking full sovereign armor, 3pc ring set for 300 armor, all max armor talis (what's current best, 136?), racial tactic for 600, MH and OH talied as well - the max. Oh heck, anyone with a Ring of the Rat or the Band of Doomsday to stick one last tali in something. Oh and of course 15 points in Path of Brotherhood for max bonus Guarded Attack. But is it worth it? Would the 3pc ring set be better spent on three Fleshrender for -6% armor pen?

So, pipe dream? Has anyone done, or attempted this? I'd really like to have some experienced IBs help me out. I'll still level up my CL28 lil tank, I love them, but I might not pursue this once I reach 40 if I can get solid info on how it works out here.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
Earthcake

Re: [IB] max armor build

Post#2 » Sat May 15, 2021 5:11 am

- armor pen will be the best for jewelry, no doubt about it.
6% from sent
6% from 3 fleshrender

if u wanna go full tilt

Bloodmasked

Post#3 » Sat May 15, 2021 5:13 am

stack armor then u end up fighting only sorcs and magus

Koryu199X

Post#4 » Sat May 15, 2021 7:14 am

Interesting, you would probably be hard to kill which is cool, but the fight would be a grindfest and you would then be at risk of others turning up if you can't finish the job in good time. Just be careful with extreme builds you don't want to come out of it with people ignoring you and saying there's that IB among other things. That said we all expect IB to be hard as nails. I would try and find a good middle ground on this.

Deadpoet

Post#5 » Sat May 15, 2021 7:18 am

On my defensive specced WE I usually eat IBs for breakfast, and my targets armor is the least of my concerns, as I completely ignore targets armor with AW, Witchbrew+kisses+2 non-physical DoTs. Also ignore targets toughness with Witchbrew and kisses.

tazdingo

Post#6 » Sat May 15, 2021 11:18 am

i have tried max armour ib and hardcap toughness bg and can confirm that the bg was significantly tankier. destros true killer classes don't care about your armour in the same way that orders true killers don't care about your avoidance

- both on live where piercing bite was more punishing, might be slightly diff now

TreefAM

Post#7 » Sat May 15, 2021 11:32 am

As a tank using a pot you should be put about 5k and that's more than enough even if they m1+armor debuff you. Anything above that is useless and you're just sacrificing other stats.

Earthcake

Post#8 » Sat May 15, 2021 1:05 pm

Guys, he never said he wanted a good build he just got an armor fetish

Ads
tazdingo

Post#9 » Sat May 15, 2021 3:42 pm

Earthcake wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:05 pm Guys, he never said he wanted a good build he just got an armor fetish
then 6.8kish with sov main, armour pot, tactic, talis, 3pc winds impervious. redeye armour bonus never seems to make up for loss of base armour from sov

phononHYPE

Post#10 » Sun May 16, 2021 2:31 pm

Earthcake wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:11 am - armor pen will be the best for jewelry, no doubt about it.
6% from sent
6% from 3 fleshrender

if u wanna go full tilt

Oh, I do!

tazdingo wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:42 pm
Earthcake wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:05 pm Guys, he never said he wanted a good build he just got an armor fetish
then 6.8kish with sov main, armour pot, tactic, talis, 3pc winds impervious. redeye armour bonus never seems to make up for loss of base armour from sov

Thanks guys, this is more what I was looking for. I am willing to look at swapping Winds Impervious for Fleshrender to "change things up" at times, but WI is a great starter set that will last and last. I agree with the Red Eye set somehow, lacking. I stacked that with I think Mercenary on my WP to great pve farming extent, but when I duplicate the pure armor bonuses on other toons with access to sov it loses some effectiveness (that is, just the RE+Merc bonus stacking).

I feel kind of miffed that I didn't think of this idea earlier , as I had started to try it on my 76 BG, but with more "ignore X percent of armor penetration". I had an IB way back, got to CL3x, but she got caught-up in one of my "I need to cut back my playing - I'll just delete some alts" phases. It's how I lost my zealot :*(

@Tazdingo & Earthcake - thanks much on the replys. I think I'll just go standard IB tank. I do love me some tank, and I need some kind of carrot to chase so ... more alts! (again). Come to think of it, I could try ridiculous wounds+toughness on that BG...
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative