Recent Topics

Ads

[IB] Masochistic class?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
CountTalabecland

Re: [IB] Masochistic class?

Post#71 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:31 pm

Amdus wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:49 am
CountTalabecland wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:13 am
TLDR. I'm not going to read your novel length garbage. I'm not biased and I'm not trying to secretly screw over destro by playing 4D x-realm chess or whatever you are accusing me off.

Destro is fine. Plenty of players during peak times. Less players on Destro just before EU prime time and during NA = off hours city pushes. Its nothing more than that and it certainly doesn't reflect balance. the pop will flip at some point ppl will be clutching their Order pearls instead. I guess its too hard for you to understand.
If you find that novel length garbage, I think I can imagine how hard it was for you to finish elementary school. Don't even bother, you're unable to discuss about anything, seen plenty from you to know that very well. On destro you're well known, but people removes the "o" in your nickname. Don't quote me again, have a good one.
Its only novel length relative to the fact that most monkeys with keyboards can't write quite that long, so good for you bud, you get a banana. Don't let the door hit you on the way out of the dwarf forum that you felt so threatened by that you had to come here to defend Blackguards.

I am sure all your destro pals will let you cry on their shoulders over the adversity you face from the straw-man you have built. If I see more nonsense from you in the future, I will be more than happy to quote you, peace.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
NSKaneda

Post#72 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:57 pm

nonfactor wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:43 pm
NSKaneda wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:13 pm
Spoiler:
Try this build - 4th tactic slot for either:
  • Rising anger for solo roam
  • Long reach for group play / zerg hunting / funnels
  • Avalanche - because mobility problem is just an attitude ;)
  • Punishing knock when you don't feel like challenging shammies to a race
Also, you don't really need to keep all the buffs up all the time - Insp + guarded attack and veng strike last 20s, stubborn also 20s and W&L+Oathbound is always used in pair to buff your slayer...

Spoiler:
I'll pick that slow manual over automatic turbo anyday ;)

This build is embarrassingly bad and dismisses your opinion entirely. Imagine not speccing Told Ya So!, it is like playing kotbs without the 15% more healing tactic.

I don't like being AP bot, especially when there are other classes that do it better. And sacrificing utility skills just to get that AP battery before sov+2? Naaah.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Amdus

Post#73 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:02 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:31 pm
Its only novel length relative to the fact that most monkeys with keyboards can't write quite that long, so good for you bud, you get a banana. Don't let the door hit you on the way out of the dwarf forum that you felt so threatened by that you had to come here to defend Blackguards.

I am sure all your destro pals will let you cry on their shoulders over the adversity you face from the straw-man you have built. If I see more nonsense from you in the future, I will be more than happy to quote you, peace.
For the record, I didn't commit strawman because I simply stepped off the argument after realizing that I'd have more luck reasoning with a rock, however:

>No true scottsman: Making what could be called a claim of purity, as a way to dismiss relevant criticisms or flaws of an argument.
"No IB would pick that tactic, you would know if you played one."

>Anecdotal: Using a personal experience or an isolated example instead of a valid argument, specially to dismiss statistics.
"Dark Elfs are the strongest faction in the game at the moment. DoK is untouchable, WE has every tool under the sun, Sorc ST burst is the go to scen and city DPS now, and BG has amazing synergy with melee ball. I do not feel bad for BG in the slightest."

>Begging the question: A circular argument in which the conclusion is included in the premise:
"I play both sides and I have to say, Order is in a terrible state of balance but has the population at the moment."
"I'm not biased and I'm not trying to secretly screw over destro by playing 4D x-realm chess or whatever you are accusing me off. "

>The texas sharpshooter: Cherry-picking data clusters to suit an argument, or finding a pattern to fit a presumtion.
"Destro classes are generally better than Order and they exist in more balanced numbers. Doing weekend scens on destro is easy mode and on Order you need a premade before you even think about getting one win."

>Ad-hominem: Attacking your opponent's character or personal traits instead of engaging with the argument:
"TLDR. I'm not going to read your novel length garbage."
"IB suffers from poor mobility and one viable build. IDK what Amdus is smoking but IB has one acceptable city build with punishing knock + AP tactic."
"Its only novel length relative to the fact that most monkeys with keyboards can't write quite that long, so good for you bud, you get a banana."

>Tu-quoque: Avoiding having to engage in criticism by turning it back on the accuser - Answering criticism with criticism.
"I am sure all your destro pals will let you cry on their shoulders over the adversity you face from the straw-man you have built. If I see more nonsense from you in the future, I will be more than happy to quote you, peace."

>Composition/Division: Assuming that what's true of one part of something has to be applied to all, or other parts of it.
"Sure IC gets hit more but WHO CARES so long as you win the instances and get more sov, which destro does overwhelmingly. "
"Destro is fine. Plenty of players during peak times. Less players on Destro just before EU prime time and during NA = off hours city pushes. Its nothing more than that and it certainly doesn't reflect balance. the pop will flip at some point ppl will be clutching their Order pearls instead."

TL;DR: You are full of ****. 8 pages, 0 arguments from you.

CountTalabecland

Post#74 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:17 am

Spoiler:
Amdus wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:02 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:31 pm

For the record, I didn't commit strawman because I simply stepped off the argument after realizing that I'd have more luck reasoning with a rock, however:

>No true scottsman: Making what could be called a claim of purity, as a way to dismiss relevant criticisms or flaws of an argument.
"No IB would pick that tactic, you would know if you played one."

>Anecdotal: Using a personal experience or an isolated example instead of a valid argument, specially to dismiss statistics.
"Dark Elfs are the strongest faction in the game at the moment. DoK is untouchable, WE has every tool under the sun, Sorc ST burst is the go to scen and city DPS now, and BG has amazing synergy with melee ball. I do not feel bad for BG in the slightest."

>Begging the question: A circular argument in which the conclusion is included in the premise:
"I play both sides and I have to say, Order is in a terrible state of balance but has the population at the moment."
"I'm not biased and I'm not trying to secretly screw over destro by playing 4D x-realm chess or whatever you are accusing me off. "

>The texas sharpshooter: Cherry-picking data clusters to suit an argument, or finding a pattern to fit a presumtion.
"Destro classes are generally better than Order and they exist in more balanced numbers. Doing weekend scens on destro is easy mode and on Order you need a premade before you even think about getting one win."

>Ad-hominem: Attacking your opponent's character or personal traits instead of engaging with the argument:
"TLDR. I'm not going to read your novel length garbage."
"IB suffers from poor mobility and one viable build. IDK what Amdus is smoking but IB has one acceptable city build with punishing knock + AP tactic."
"Its only novel length relative to the fact that most monkeys with keyboards can't write quite that long, so good for you bud, you get a banana."

>Tu-quoque: Avoiding having to engage in criticism by turning it back on the accuser - Answering criticism with criticism.
"I am sure all your destro pals will let you cry on their shoulders over the adversity you face from the straw-man you have built. If I see more nonsense from you in the future, I will be more than happy to quote you, peace."

>Composition/Division: Assuming that what's true of one part of something has to be applied to all, or other parts of it.
"Sure IC gets hit more but WHO CARES so long as you win the instances and get more sov, which destro does overwhelmingly. "
"Destro is fine. Plenty of players during peak times. Less players on Destro just before EU prime time and during NA = off hours city pushes. Its nothing more than that and it certainly doesn't reflect balance. the pop will flip at some point ppl will be clutching their Order pearls instead."

TL;DR: You are full of ****. 8 pages, 0 arguments from you.
Ok, calm down little guy, didn't mean to trigger you. IDK if you read your posts in this thread, but you do all of these far more than I have. I'm sorry you lost city so much and now you feel the need to vent in the IB forum. What you keep calling "math" is just screaming the stats from the tooltips into the void in some vain attempt to prove something. Your numbers lack context, and its pure theory crafting that means nothing in practice.

The fact remains, your original argument was bunk before you decided to @ me, BG/IB are "mirror" classes but they bring different buffs. Hard to grasp with your pea brain, but just because they are not 100% mirrored and Order is currently besieging IC due often with higher numbers, does not mean IB is a super viable class no matter what you spec, its called non-sequitur. As self-appointed logical fallacy guy I figured you would have caught that one.

Anyone who has ever played IB in a grp/wb setting knows that your argument is pure smooth-brained screeching. Roll into city fullly specced into Vengeance if you really think that each tree, no matter how allocated, works for the apparently god-tier IB, and have fun getting laughed out of there even harder than you get laughed off the forum.

I didn't think it was possible for someone to type so much and have so little experience with what they are attempting to pass themselves off as knowledgeable about. Please, kindly go **** yourself.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Fey

Post#75 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:14 am

Alright this has devolved into sniping and butt-hurt. I'm satisfied that the devs will ignore this whole damn thing.

IB is an amazing class in the right hands, and stupidly fun to play. If you're not constantly juggling Oathfriend like you (hopefully) do with guard then maybe the aura-bot tank is more your playstyle.

Also who specs for, Told Ya So? Surely Runepriest AP rit and 2 AP pots on seperate cooldowns are enough for your AP needs. You supply your mdps with AP from, Watch and Learn.

AP on RoR is handed out like hard candy. If your RP wants to run heal ritual then sure, but spending grudge seems like an unreliable way to battery the group. If you want a battery tank then it's kotbs. IB has better things to do like buffing, and handing out punishing knock.

I laugh when someone brings up Destro or Order bias. I have leveled every toon to at least 40/40+ on Order and Destro. Stick to a proper critique if you really give a crap about the topic.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan