Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] Fortress weapon/shield for Def Spec

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
CountTalabecland

[Ironbreaker] Fortress weapon/shield for Def Spec

Post#1 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:00 pm

So I've gotten back around to playing IB more. Currently in full vanq with oppressor rr61 weapons.

After looking at the fortress hammer and fortress shield, I am not impressed. Do most ppl still bring the Fortress shield on their SnB def IB bc the block rating is 20 higher or is the oppressor rr61 shield preferred for its 3% parry and 1% armor pen reduction?

Same goes for the hammer, its not really all that different than the scen one which at 600 Oppressor's isn't really all that expensive.

Thoughts? IK I need to save Invaders for the gear since it unlocks sov, but I am not really impressed by Invader's defensive bonuses compared to vanq either.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Ostabenny

Re: [Ironbreaker] Fortress weapon/shield for Def Spec

Post#2 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:49 pm

Yeah the 61 shield and 1h are better imo.

The fortress 2h weapon is good for the potentially getting off an incoming + outgoing heal debuff in a single hit with punishing knock (very satisfying). Other than that you're better off with bloodlord.