Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] The punt?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
gorobelly

Re: [Ironbreaker] The punt?

Post#41 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:37 am

Dude how long did u play that ib.till u was rdy for the thread , 2 weeks ?

Ads
hellc95

Post#42 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:47 am

yauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#43 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:11 pm

Ostabenny wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:45 am Our special thing is being able to spec into aoe punt.
hope u dont use AE punt on IB
even dont train it

btbw2009
Suspended

Post#44 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:13 pm

TARDIONm wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:03 pm lol , core point , IB useless because punt IB == punt BG with 60+ hate // my point - ok , IB punt is lower , but IB have buffs on parry and crit and tactic for reduce control time for example , and BG dont have this buffs ... and its strong buffs, how long range BGs punt /// this classes not need changes
destro in chat detected
kiss ur BG and leave topic about IB

TARDIONm

Post#45 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:20 pm

btbw2009 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:13 pm
TARDIONm wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:03 pm lol , core point , IB useless because punt IB == punt BG with 60+ hate // my point - ok , IB punt is lower , but IB have buffs on parry and crit and tactic for reduce control time for example , and BG dont have this buffs ... and its strong buffs, how long range BGs punt /// this classes not need changes
destro in chat detected
kiss ur BG and leave topic about IB
lol , i have IB , go away /// noname detected
FMJ

kirraha

Post#46 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:05 pm

nonfactor wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:55 pm Punt/knockback is the most essential kill-securing tool in smallscale pvp; be it scenarios, 6v6, rankeds or small-man roaming. After playing BG, Chosen/Kotbs I could not fail to notice that IBs punt is extremely weak, the weakest single target punt in the game and it feels bad. Even if I preslow a target and then punt, the tank can come back after 1-2s. Ironbreaker is the tank whose default singlet target punt does not benefit from using 2h (Kotbs/chosen and BG get cooldown on their punts reduced by 10s and while I KNOW that IB's punt has 10s cooldown by default the range is tiny). What is even funnier that all of those punts give 30s immunity, even the super long bg punt.

This is not a proposal, my question is: why is not one complaining about it yet? On top of that, Ironbreaker does not make up in utility nor damage to make up for the lack of good punt. Sure, the class has 10% crit buff, 25% parry buff but I feel like IB is only there to "complete" KOTBS. I am aware that some people are not interested in smallscale but it is not like ironbreaker is a must-have orvr tank, especially after Whispering Wind buff.

I am very curious what IB mains have to say about this.
It is not a bad kick compared to BO who has to sacrifice point and tacticslot to a very mediocre kick. The aoe kick is useless majority of fights.

Sm st kick is bad for the class since it requires block, where sm imo has low blockrate. I like it though since its a low amount of points required for it in middle tree and no tactic is required as for Bo. If it had been on parry it would been more intresting on sm.

Ib is very viable. The kick is midrange, its fine imo. Ofc cant compete with kotbs and chksen but they must sacrifice a tacticslot for the useful st kick.

Ib has loads of tools, ap, good aoesnare, buffs etc etc.

I main tank. I play all tank classes and only Ib aint top tier. It is an def ok tank. Imo, bo st kick should be lowere in mid tree, not be on almost top.

Kragg

Post#47 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:19 pm

kirraha wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:05 pm
nonfactor wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:55 pm Punt/knockback is the most essential kill-securing tool in smallscale pvp; be it scenarios, 6v6, rankeds or small-man roaming. After playing BG, Chosen/Kotbs I could not fail to notice that IBs punt is extremely weak, the weakest single target punt in the game and it feels bad. Even if I preslow a target and then punt, the tank can come back after 1-2s. Ironbreaker is the tank whose default singlet target punt does not benefit from using 2h (Kotbs/chosen and BG get cooldown on their punts reduced by 10s and while I KNOW that IB's punt has 10s cooldown by default the range is tiny). What is even funnier that all of those punts give 30s immunity, even the super long bg punt.

This is not a proposal, my question is: why is not one complaining about it yet? On top of that, Ironbreaker does not make up in utility nor damage to make up for the lack of good punt. Sure, the class has 10% crit buff, 25% parry buff but I feel like IB is only there to "complete" KOTBS. I am aware that some people are not interested in smallscale but it is not like ironbreaker is a must-have orvr tank, especially after Whispering Wind buff.

It is not a bad kick compared to BO who has to sacrifice point and tacticslot to a very mediocre kick. The aoe kick is useless majority of fights.

Sm st kick is bad for the class since it requires block, where sm imo has low blockrate. I like it though since its a low amount of points required for it in middle tree and no tactic is required as for Bo. If it had been on parry it would been more intresting on sm.

Ib is very viable. The kick is midrange, its fine imo. Ofc cant compete with kotbs and chksen but they must sacrifice a tacticslot for the useful st kick.

I main tank. I play all tank classes and only Ib aint top tier. It is an def ok tank. Imo, bo st kick should be lowere in mid tree, not be on almost top.
It is not a mid range punt. It is the low range punt.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

kirraha

Post#48 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:40 am

Kragg wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:19 pm
kirraha wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:05 pm

It is not a mid range punt. It is the low range punt.
I pretty much agree that BO st kick is a low range kick. IB, sm not as much. Its still a better kick than no kick but very frustrating to always have to wait for parry on IB which is better than SM who has to get a block where sm is quite low on block compared to others

Ads
Parallell86

Post#49 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:02 pm

Well, maybe your "premade" team shoulds start DPSing the target faster and not wait til the tank you punted touch down on the ground. The time he is in the air counts too as long as he's further than 30 feet away from the guarded target.

And really mate, THE worst punt in the game? I have to call BS and nominate SM and Black Orc for that one (though they server a different purpose). A crappy AOE punt that makes your targets touch down in a second and be back before your GCD ends.

Not to mention, the effect of the Black Guards punt as you should know (since you played it) is based on the mechanic. You dont simply have full lenght on the punt by standard. The IB has a fixed effect on the punt making it the most reliable punt. Sure Chosen and Knight does have a slightly better one since it seems to take forever to touch down on the ground again. But you can hardly compare with those classes as IB isnt really related to any of those two.

Surely it takes more than 2 seconds for a tank to come back if he is snared. Perhaps you should time your punt better. Perhaps keep him snared and force him to use his anti snare. Snare and punt while the anti snare is still on CD. Its called timing. You are really underrating the IBs punt. I wonder if they made it 150 feet would you come back and complain its too strong? Doubt it. Everybody wants more, everybody wants their class to have it all.

diegomess

Post#50 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:25 pm

also IB punt is better (longer) if you are on a hill/bridge compared to knight/cho.
its a nice and reliable punt and they dont need a tactic for it also their AOE punt applies yet another a bs aoe snare, now try to do that as a BO which is the biggest and strongest looking class in the game, doesn't make sense... Black ork should uppercut you to space
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80