[Ironbreaker] The punt?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ostabenny

Re: [Ironbreaker] The punt?

Post#21 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:34 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:39 pm
zulnam wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:42 pm Knight is not comparable to anything because the class is very OP when it comes to utility. The only reason it's not visible is because very few people play it, since it hits like a grandma wielding a wet noodle.
I found knights were the most popular tank on order, or maybe a very close second to IB. Do you not just get diminishing returns on KotBS after having more than one in a party, you get the three auras and that's it, no need for a second? No other class is like that.
Yeah they are definitely the most popular tank, followed by SM, followed by IB. The IB is the best looking imo though.

I can't think of a class on order where there isnt some diminishing return to having two in party. Pretty much every class is like that.

Ads
Qwack

Post#22 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:29 am

I respectfully resquest of the Devs that IBs be given the same punt distance as BGs based on Hate/Grudge. I dont play an IB on ROR, but it is needed. The BG already has the advantage with only a 90 hate top off which is much easier to maintain and/or get back to than 100 Grudge. But of course there is the hang time difference to consider and normalize. Peace.
Destro: [Agony] Qwack Shammy 80+, Krakkenn Chosen 79 and Mincer Choppa 70+
Order: [Kill Team] Krakken Knight 80+

diegomess

Post#23 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:50 am

imagine a little midget throwing ppl further than a human that looks like arnold schwarzenegger or a hulking ork... is still crazy for BG tho
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80

sergteo

Post#24 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:00 am

Making some critical buffs like Oathbound, Ancestors Fury or Watch An' Learn last 20 seconds is the easiest and most important way to buff IB to a place where it can start to be as impactful as a kotbs.
I agree with punt range increase and also other fixes come to my mind as for instance making relevant useless tactics. These are some of my ideas:

- Overprotective ( buff your Oathfriend and your own armor pen instead of the current effect).

- Furious Reprisal (allow it to beign used while in 2h spec, change Shield of Reprisal to to another skill like Grudging Blow, the effect is almost gone by the time your target gets up from the knockdown).

- Oath of Vengeance (make the effect permanent like kobts, or make it stack with kobts aura and other toughness buffs, reduce it's duration and increase it's cooldown to 45secs so it becomes a lifesaving skill you can't spam anymore and you have to save for the right time).

- Avalanche (on paper sounds good, could really use a buff, BG shielding anger waay better, maybe increase block everytime you disrupt).

-Oath Friend and Dark Protector for BG mechanics ( make it so it doesn't spend any global cooldown like Warrior Priest Sigmar's Wrath or DoK Drowning in Blood; that way you can be more effective when it comes to spreading buffs or gaining grudges fast.

And of course, lets not forget, this is the first thing that should be adressed in any IB change:
- Rising anger - get rid of it. Same mechanic as BG, grudges gained automatically when attacked and attacking.

And lastly, make Grudge-born Fury usable while in SnB spec. As far as I remember, the animations for it already exist.

Darks63

Post#25 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:58 am

Qwack wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:29 am I respectfully resquest of the Devs that IBs be given the same punt distance as BGs based on Hate/Grudge. I dont play an IB on ROR, but it is needed. The BG already has the advantage with only a 90 hate top off which is much easier to maintain and/or get back to than 100 Grudge. But of course there is the hang time difference to consider and normalize. Peace.
Sure as long as they have to wait till rank 25 to get it like BGs do.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Grock

Post#26 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:06 am

IB punt isn't the weakest, its average.
It definitely feels better than Kobs/Chosen punt without a tactic.

Though 10s cd feels like a weird benefit for having 25 Grudge cost.
Its so annoying (esp in 6v6) how you can't use the punt at the start of the fight, and how you can sometimes lock yourself out of it while applying buffs.

Making it a mirror of BG one would be nice, but i genuinely believe that things like BG super punt shouldn't even be in the game, that distance is absolutely crazy, especially for a game that has so little mobility.

Darks63 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:58 amSure as long as they have to wait till rank 25 to get it like BGs do.
Genious.
Lets also move guards, detaunts and rez to some arbitrary level between 20 an 40 while we're at it?
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

normanis

Post#27 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:56 pm

wasnt ib punt like , he punt u very high and u receive fall damage also?
byt ib has 2h knockdown (wait bg also got it) and longest knockdown for snb.
p.s need find old videos to show how its working. maby u will got buff.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Darks63

Post#28 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:58 am

Grock wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:06 am IB punt isn't the weakest, its average.
It definitely feels better than Kobs/Chosen punt without a tactic.

Though 10s cd feels like a weird benefit for having 25 Grudge cost.
Its so annoying (esp in 6v6) how you can't use the punt at the start of the fight, and how you can sometimes lock yourself out of it while applying buffs.

Making it a mirror of BG one would be nice, but i genuinely believe that things like BG super punt shouldn't even be in the game, that distance is absolutely crazy, especially for a game that has so little mobility.

Darks63 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:58 amSure as long as they have to wait till rank 25 to get it like BGs do.
Genious.
Lets also move guards, detaunts and rez to some arbitrary level between 20 an 40 while we're at it?
I guess the sarcasm/parody of my post missed you
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#29 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:28 am

Qwack wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:29 am . The BG already has the advantage with only a 90 hate top off which is much easier to maintain and/or get back to than 100 Grudge.
How is it hard to get to 100 grudge? All you have to do is guard swap.
The only case, where it is hard, is fighting enemies, who don't fight back.
Dying is no option.

TARDIONm

Post#30 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:13 am

lol...
IB punt = BG punt with 60-90 hate, but they dont need hate managment for use this skill
and this skill have 10 sec CD both in the shield and in the two - handed, unlike BG

IB have race tactic for recover control time
have perfect 25% parry buff and 10%crit buff(which can easily be maintained on both miles of dd)
and perfect tactic and 3st three for AP gain for our DPS and this very impactable

other great skills how BG (crit debuff, HD with tactic, str buff, toughness buff , aoe snair)

and u talk about ib useless... LOILLLL LMAO LLLLMMMMAAAAOOOO

IB very great for all game content
FMJ