Recent Topics

Ads

[RP] Is Runepriest dps an utterly futile pursuit? Can you regain the power of bolster?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Omegus

Re: [RP] Is Runepriest dps an utterly futile pursuit? Can you regain the power of bolster?

Post#21 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:50 pm

Osred wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:18 amMy Runepriest actually has around 1k+ INT with breaking on and around 10% magic crit. So I have to try going for more than that? I'll give Antifrizz a pm when I see him on.
I'll tell you now, it doesn't get much better when you're in full BIS Sov gear, especially for single target specs.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Justina

Re: [RP] Is Runepriest dps an utterly futile pursuit? Can you regain the power of bolster?

Post#22 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:48 pm

Omegus wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:50 pm I'll tell you now, it doesn't get much better when you're in full BIS Sov gear, especially for single target specs.
Agree. I doesn't get better. It can be fun to mess around in low levels with bolster but later on it is not worth it at all. Every other ranged dps is doing better.

The spell damage is just too low, even with max int and high crit. To the point where they start laughing at you. There is also no damage debuff on the RP, something every other dps has.

They would need higher multipliers on their spells and a debuff but I don't think that this is gonna happen. Other players hate dps healers and they probably keep them gimped to make sure they are being played as healer and not dps.

If you like the healer / dps hybrid style then AM/shaman is your only option. Maybe shield WP/Dok or dual wield Dok. 2h WP is worse and dps RP/zealot is worst.