Recent Topics

Ads

[Runepriest] [Poll] Do you use Grimnirs Fury?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)

Poll: Do you use Grimnir’s Fury?

Yes
8%
No
92%
Total votes: 24

Osred

[Runepriest] [Poll] Do you use Grimnirs Fury?

Post#1 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:51 am

Question to all Runepriests on the server. Do you use Grimnirs Fury? I want to see what the consensus is on this skill.

Me personally I look forward to a day where this skill is replaced with something worthwhile. I have yet to meet any Runepriest who uses it, with everyone I talked to see it as a waste of space.

After the picture is clearer I’ll likely make a new thread so we can discuss ideas to put forward for its replacement.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: [Runepriest] [Poll] Do you use Grimnirs Fury?

Post#2 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:56 am

If it worked to whole warband not just party with bigger range it could be useful but like this nah just pick up the stagger + heal rune + Ancestor's echo
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#3 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:27 am

I would use it for this build especially in forts
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3886,3847

My zealot/runie are too noob to say what the best 4th tactic is. I would guess self ap.

pvprangergod
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:28 am

And you are gonna want to use it with focus mind so that you can res in 2.5 sec and then spam some group heal to recover them to full hp

Fenris78

Post#5 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:07 am

even in fort, 30 ft is a ridiculously short range wich doesnt allow you to make it work well, even with M2 (that you probably already used anyway to keep your group alive during the push).

When your group is dead, either they are out of range or fort is already lost, so...

Make it 60-80ft to have remotely useful skill but anyway when you have to use it, it means things already gone bad. Better focus on keeping your party and allies alive, a thing you can do with relative ease by M2 + group heal/restoration anyway.

Phantasm

Post#6 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:23 am

Fenris78 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:07 am even in fort, 30 ft is a ridiculously short range wich doesnt allow you to make it work well, even with M2 (that you probably already used anyway to keep your group alive during the push).

When your group is dead, either they are out of range or fort is already lost, so...

Make it 60-80ft to have remotely useful skill but anyway when you have to use it, it means things already gone bad. Better focus on keeping your party and allies alive, a thing you can do with relative ease by M2 + group heal/restoration anyway.
Actually if you think about it, its perfect skill to group up all melee at main one side and let them eat morales. Then with one button you got 8 melees again up and full HP (considering every party got no braindead RP).
Side note, does it really works on groupmates or is it WB wide? Anyone tested it?

Fenris78

Post#7 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:31 am

Phantasm wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:23 am Actually if you think about it, its perfect skill to group up all melee at main one side and let them eat morales. Then with one button you got 8 melees again up and full HP (considering every party got no braindead RP).
Side note, does it really works on groupmates or is it WB wide? Anyone tested it?
Half HP. Agreed, but its a gamble anyway since you have to survive 30 ft away from enemy without dying for 3-6s. With red tide swarming over you it's not an easy task for sure, but I guess it could takes a try.

Anyway the "groupmembers" wording is clearly only targeting your group (I assume it would be too strong otherwise).

nebelwerfer

Post#8 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:48 am

maybe if it was a target ground ability it would be useful, not requiring the runie to stand in range himself, but a 30 ft target ground ability would be very useful. you could use it for double rez, triple rez whatnot and it'd still be worth it. plus it's just a really strong rez ability that gives you half life and half ap and no rez sickness

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#9 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:13 pm

Too far up the tree for the other things that need to be sacrificed. As others have said, even if ppl are in 30 ft of you, you're probably just ressing to give destro some easy kills.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

NSKaneda

Post#10 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:30 pm

Wasted skill point IMO
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *