Recent Topics

Ads

Y´all need to fix distracting Roar + power through

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Whyumadbro

Y´all need to fix distracting Roar + power through

Post#1 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:59 pm

Hello Forum,

it came to my attention that distracting roar does rlly not function with power through. Why? I think if distracting roar actually did reset your rage like it does with holding grudges, we might have a simple change that would give the 2h slayer specc maybe a better spot and no rework is needed. Its a great specc and its rlly fun to play, but sadly the whole point of the class is to drop your rage to just survive. This little change would create a new and actually usefull specc, without tinkering too much i dare to say.

What are u guys think, would this make the 2h specc finaly good? What was it on live?

Share ur thoughts or just write cringe for a bump or such.

Ads
NSKaneda

Re: Y´all need to fix distracting Roar + power through

Post#2 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:41 pm

Isn't the whole point of power through tactic NOT to reset your rage? Don't like it? Don't slot it ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Whyumadbro

Post#3 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:24 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:41 pm Isn't the whole point of power through tactic NOT to reset your rage? Don't like it? Don't slot it ;)
Yes that is my point! It reads that exhaustive blows dont longer remove your rage, but distracting roar is no exhaustive blow.

ethanwick

Post#4 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:50 pm

Excellent information. :D

CountTalabecland

Post#5 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:05 pm

I agree with the OP, 2h Slayer needs to be buffed as it is. Powered Through preventing exhaustive blows from removing Rage is the point of the ability. I am not sure what that it was intended to do much with detaunt. It is a trade off for damage with more risk.

The tactic does not mention the detaunt. IMO 2h Slayer still deserves to have a detaunt bc a detaunt that leaves you in red is pointless. That is why Distracting Roar was changed to remove rage by RoR in the first place. The old version where you had to remember to drop rage before hitting detaunt was changed bc it was clunky and often resulted in pointlessly detaunting while in red, which led to you dying from reduced resistances and armor anyways.

2h Slayer/Choppa should still be able to get out of trouble while running Powered Through by detaunting. They only have the one detaunt at the point to drop rage anyways, I don't think it would be OP to let them have it, they would need to use it wisely.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

nebelwerfer

Post#6 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:13 pm

flee is the only rage drop you can use when you use power through, which isnt really a bad thing because the ragedrop is gradual so you can pop rampage or any exhaustive blows while fleeing..

imrpved flee seems to bug out the tactic somewhat though, or it would be very fun to use

Whyumadbro

Post#7 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:33 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:05 pm I agree with the OP, 2h Slayer needs to be buffed as it is. Powered Through preventing exhaustive blows from removing Rage is the point of the ability. I am not sure what that it was intended to do much with detaunt. It is a trade off for damage with more risk.

The tactic does not mention the detaunt. IMO 2h Slayer still deserves to have a detaunt bc a detaunt that leaves you in red is pointless. That is why Distracting Roar was changed to remove rage by RoR in the first place. The old version where you had to remember to drop rage before hitting detaunt was changed bc it was clunky and often resulted in pointlessly detaunting while in red, which led to you dying from reduced resistances and armor anyways.

2h Slayer/Choppa should still be able to get out of trouble while running Powered Through by detaunting. They only have the one detaunt at the point to drop rage anyways, I don't think it would be OP to let them have it, they would need to use it wisely.
My Point with this post was, that fleeing + detaunting in aoe specc takes away the rage isntantly so does flee, not graduall but it takes it all away. I rlly dont know why detaunt is treated as a exhaustive blow. I also agree with u that it would not break the game at all, just would make the specc less pepega. On the other side tho holding grudges would be even more pointless if u can remove rage. As it is now, this specc is fun to play but utterly useless.

Whyumadbro

Post#8 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:35 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:13 pm flee is the only rage drop you can use when you use power through, which isnt really a bad thing because the ragedrop is gradual so you can pop rampage or any exhaustive blows while fleeing..

imrpved flee seems to bug out the tactic somewhat though, or it would be very fun to use
I also thought about the improved flee but dunno, felt little off. gradual ragedrop would also be a option, but then on detaunt too....that would be a rather interessting playstyle

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#9 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:07 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:35 pm
nebelwerfer wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:13 pm flee is the only rage drop you can use when you use power through, which isnt really a bad thing because the ragedrop is gradual so you can pop rampage or any exhaustive blows while fleeing..

I also thought about the improved flee but dunno, felt little off. gradual ragedrop would also be
a option, but then on detaunt too....that would be a rather interessting playstyle
They fixed Improved Flee? It's been losing It's effect after going into a loading screen for a long time
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Grock

Post#10 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:06 am

Whyumadbro wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:59 pm Hello Forum,

it came to my attention that distracting roar does rlly not function with power through. Why? I think if distracting roar actually did reset your rage like it does with holding grudges, we might have a simple change that would give the 2h slayer specc maybe a better spot and no rework is needed. Its a great specc and its rlly fun to play, but sadly the whole point of the class is to drop your rage to just survive. This little change would create a new and actually usefull specc, without tinkering too much i dare to say.

What are u guys think, would this make the 2h specc finaly good? What was it on live?

Share ur thoughts or just write cringe for a bump or such.
Distracting Roar didn't exhaust on live, this is a RoR specific change that was done just a few years ago, personally im not much of a fan of it.

Allowing our Detaunt to exhaust with PT would turn PT into pretty much a mandatory tactic because it will remove the only drawback, and the functionality of the tactic is already very good: Knockdown and Rampage without sacrificing damage, Crit debuff at will, chunky damage from spammable exhaustives in Yellow.
Many people already running this tactic in RvR/WB play, allowing rage management via detaunt will be a massive buff to standard cookie cutter build.
(while this would make 2h slightly better mechanically, its still more of a bandaid than a real fix coz it won't address other core issues)

Also a bit of a pet peeve of mine is DR having exhaust means you if you use it in anticipation of incoming CC/Burst you also give up your own damage and access to Knockdown, which slows you down a lot in 1v1 duels.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)