Recent Topics

Ads

Build Grudge on attack

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
ashton007

Re: Build Grudge on attack

Post#11 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:20 pm

SOcial wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:09 pm
ashton007 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:58 pm I actually play both of these tanks my BG is 80 IB almost 70, and to be Frank the grudge mechanic feels easily 3x as bad. The hate and grudge spending is actually similar. What I do not get is that the BG already has enraged beating, but then to top it off gets the flat 5 per hit and on being hit TOO with no mf tactic cost, the difference in damage is that the BG actually hits harder both in ST and AoE. But to top it off BG also have the better utility. There’s a lot of times where I’m not getting hit and build no grudges and can basically do nothing. Take for example stage 2 in city (core part of this game) IB falls behind and can’t do dmg without slotting rising anger, and even with rising anger it takes 20 seconds to reach max grudge, really if they aren’t going to give us the tactic passively they need to buff it to 10-15grudge.
To be completly true, while i'll agree that IB feels worse than BG, IB has theorically more damage potential in ST than BG, but since it would need to be above 80 grudge all the time you're hitting ... it doesnt happen
Slightly better yes, but consider that BG isn’t far behind in ST and excelled in AoE, and can easily always have 80+ hate, the trade off should have Been AoE and ST not utility and mechanics. I don’t enjoy having to rely on others especially being hit to build my own mechanic that I WILL USE and manage. BG is just so much smoother the way it is more self-reliant, more and self synergistic. That slightly better ST damage of IB comes with a much heavier cost which is what is truly not fair, BG already wins at utility and damage and ramp up time lol.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#12 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:24 pm

currently lvling a BG hitting inv and i played an IB on live (never on here but maybe most unchanged class since live.) both need a buff in terms of group support. would be happy for IB to get this and both could really use some group bonuses added on to their mid/right 13pts. nowhere near aura or bellow level just... something

i'd like to dispute the point made in an earlier post that elite training is in any way comparable to to IBs 25% parry, but not to turn this into destro v order... both need more support, IB probly a lil more BG is in a decent spot. more support tanks are more anchors for the game and only good for the game

ashton007

Post#13 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:28 pm

tazdingo wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:24 pm currently lvling a BG hitting inv and i played an IB on live (never on here but maybe most unchanged class since live.) both need a buff in terms of group support. would be happy for IB to get this and both could really use some group bonuses added on to their mid/right 13pts. nowhere near aura or bellow level just... something

i'd like to dispute the point made in an earlier post that elite training is in any way comparable to to IBs 25% parry, but not to turn this into destro v order... both need more support, IB probly a lil more BG is in a decent spot. more support tanks are more anchors for the game and only good for the game
Yeah I wouldn’t consider comparing those two abilities as they weren’t the intended mirror, it’s the BGs mid tree parry buff that should have been compared. They’re both strong but IB’s having to go higher in the tree for the ability and offering less utility in general it should be stronger and it is. Just unfortunate IB’s have no real debuff besides armor.

tazdingo

Post#14 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:33 pm

wouldn't read too much on BGs avoidance tactics i'm so rarely at 100 hate even during mass fights. in fact both have some pretty dumpy tactics that could be altered to perhaps enhance certain abilities to apply to your group not just oath friend/hatee, with a slightly dampened effect for everyone

ashton007

Post#15 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:06 am

tazdingo wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:33 pm wouldn't read too much on BGs avoidance tactics i'm so rarely at 100 hate even during mass fights. in fact both have some pretty dumpy tactics that could be altered to perhaps enhance certain abilities to apply to your group not just oath friend/hatee, with a slightly dampened effect for everyone
Mate you get get easy 100 hate right after a crimson death with enraged beating, if you’re playing the class right you can get 15 hate a sec without even taking dmg or a dark protector. If your bg isn’t always above 80+ Hate (when you aren’t just spamming AoE) then you are doing something wrong.

tazdingo

Post#16 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:59 am

were getting off topic

ashton007

Post#17 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:49 am

tazdingo wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:59 am were getting off topic
Not really we’re just being comparative with the only 2 tanks that share the same **** mechanics because what else do we have to compare to? I don’t think giving IB grudges faster would break the game, it would just be nice quality of life change for the IB in early fights or fights where you don’t get hit. It already exists on The BG, and no ones complaining about them or the fact they have faster mechanic, better dmg, better de-buffing and more utility. It’s just silly to pretend the IB is fine as is while it’s so clunky.