Recent Topics

Ads

[Slayer] Power through + flee change

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Grock

Re: [Slayer] Power through + flee change

Post#11 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:04 am

Some 4Head comments right there at the start of the thread

Basically what nevelwerfer said, slow decline gives you extra uptime on using Exhausts, and the overall use of Flee to exhaust in 2h builds is fairly clunky mechanic in general and shouldn't be the basis of the spec.

The class needs an overhaul of the mechanic and exhaustive abilities as a whole, not just 2h.
It has to be either more elaborate system with different costs, different extra effects and ways to actively build Rage (instead of just passive regen), or the whole mechanic should be shifted more into stance-type mechanic focused on balancing Red uptime - but for this to work properly most exhaustive abilities will have to lose the exhaust part.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Whyumadbro

Post#12 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:39 pm

Grock wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:04 am Some 4Head comments right there at the start of the thread

Basically what nevelwerfer said, slow decline gives you extra uptime on using Exhausts, and the overall use of Flee to exhaust in 2h builds is fairly clunky mechanic in general and shouldn't be the basis of the spec.

The class needs an overhaul of the mechanic and exhaustive abilities as a whole, not just 2h.
It has to be either more elaborate system with different costs, different extra effects and ways to actively build Rage (instead of just passive regen), or the whole mechanic should be shifted more into stance-type mechanic focused on balancing Red uptime - but for this to work properly most exhaustive abilities will have to lose the exhaust part.
im very cautios with wishes for a overhaul, i rlly think that power throug is the only tactic that makes it kinda okay to play 2h. Holding grudges is just too clunky and is lacking in dmg. Maybe Holding grudges can be buffed like 5 stacks every 3 secs or something

Grock

Post#13 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:19 pm

Whyumadbro wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:39 pm im very cautios with wishes for a overhaul, i rlly think that power throug is the only tactic that makes it kinda okay to play 2h. Holding grudges is just too clunky and is lacking in dmg. Maybe Holding grudges can be buffed like 5 stacks every 3 secs or something
I'm pretty anxious about it as well, looking at some other reworks, but it has to be done in one way or another.

Problem with 2h is a fundamental problem with the clunkiness of Rage mechanic and how sluggish and limiting it is.
There's so many issues with the mechanic both in terms of gameplay and in terms of class fantasy and theme, that it deserves a iscussion of its own.

But like i said, the simplest and least intrusive way to make it playable is to just remove Exhaust effect from signature abilities and let us use them freely in Yellow/Red.
In terms of damage this wouldn't change much coz you already stay Red in 2h build due to lack of exhaust and better damage from regular abilities and auto attack.
Its not a perfect solution but its a start.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Whyumadbro

Post#14 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:37 pm

What do you guys think about the unexpected buff?