Recent Topics

Ads

IB Buff Stuck and equip.

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
PeterMore

IB Buff Stuck and equip.

Post#1 » Sun May 29, 2022 9:07 pm

Hello i have couple questions that effect the amount of points i spend in the IB and the equip i use.

1. Ancestor's fury and Inspiring attack give a Strength buff that don't stuck between. Its that correct? Or it's a bugg? Or it stuck and I'm wrong?

2. How work the relation between Mele power, Strength and DPS/s?? How much % represent a Critic attack compared with a normal attack?
I read differents opinions like "better 20 Mele power than 50 strength" and who knows if people just talk because they have mouth or they do it because they know how it works.

Thanks for answering

Ads
Gravord

Re: IB Buff Stuck and equip.

Post#2 » Sun May 29, 2022 10:11 pm

PeterMore wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:07 pm Hello i have couple questions that effect the amount of points i spend in the IB and the equip i use.

1. Ancestor's fury and Inspiring attack give a Strength buff that don't stuck between. Its that correct? Or it's a bugg? Or it stuck and I'm wrong?

2. How work the relation between Mele power, Strength and DPS/s?? How much % represent a Critic attack compared with a normal attack?
I read differents opinions like "better 20 Mele power than 50 strength" and who knows if people just talk because they have mouth or they do it because they know how it works.

Thanks for answering
1. Yes, both of those skills buff str in same way and both count as ability buff, meaning they dont stack with other ability buffs. Only tactic and morale buffs should be stacking with skill buffs.
2. Melee power = str, 1 to 1. 5 str = 5 melee power = 1 dmg bonus. Melee power is only usefull if your str is already hitting soft cap.

Fenris78

Post#3 » Sun May 29, 2022 10:37 pm

1. Dunno about that, you'll need to proc both buffs and see by calculation if they stack or not. Some IB buffs are stacking, mostly morale+skill+tactic.

2. Melee power = Strength, saving the strikethrough added bonus.

Critical hits add +30 to +60% damage, averaging at +45% damage bonus. Most dps classes got skills or tactics to increase critical damage bonuses (from 25% to 150%, average is +50% for most mdps).

DPS/s is an average value given, but each skill being scaled differently, your strenght/melee power will increase their damage by various amounts ; some procs (tactics and weapons generally) arent even affected by strength at all, wich means they also arent affected by enemy's toughness (they bypass it completely).

Gravord

Post#4 » Mon May 30, 2022 12:40 am

Fenris78 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:37 pm Critical hits add +30 to +60% damage, averaging at +45% damage bonus
35-55%. 45% average is correct.