Recent Topics

Ads

State of IB

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Gromril

State of IB

Post#1 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:16 am

Hey all

i am back to game after 4 years and i would like to know your thoughts about the state of IB.Is pvp as balance as can get , or destro dominating. Also notice to many buffs at destro side
Well i love my Dwarves anyway but i would to know what changes they did to us :)

Thank you guys

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Re: State of IB

Post#2 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:27 pm

order is dominating in EU prime time, better come to the dark side ;)

Ruin

Post#3 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:55 pm

With the changes to GCD IB as a tank became a lot harder to play, IT didnt affect the solo gameplay much thou. And its stil the best looking order tank.

Rapzel

Post#4 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:10 pm

It's good for WB, would rate it 2nd best WB tank right now, but it's difficult since all Order tanks are top tier right now.

10 sec cd punt, 10 sec cd KD, tactics to mitigate CC/Slows, AoE slow and "Told Ya So!" to make up for the loss of AP procc from "Stay Focused!" makes it a great WB tank.

small scale it's very group dependent and easily gets outshined by BG as BG has a more standard cookie cutter build that has access to "the tools".

Scottx125

Post#5 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:41 pm

IB is the best tanking tank. It's pretty good 2h. It's also one of the more complex tanks to play if that's what you're into. Most desired tank is KOTBS in WB's, despite it being an ok tank it's auras are so useful. So it's more of the utility tank. SM is the best 2H tank and paired with SW/AM winds reducing cooldown times can lead to some insane damage/healing.

If a WB is building to be super effective. You'll have 4 KOTBS's, 2-3 IB's and 1-2 SM's. But generally order takes whatever it can get so you'll be fine whatever you choose as a tank.
Last edited by Scottx125 on Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Vri

Post#6 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:46 pm

IB is a great tank, i really enjoy mine. However it is limited in its place of play. Great in SCs and works wonderful on pushes and funnels, other than that it doesnt do much.

RORquest

Post#7 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:06 pm

Ib is worse tank nothing has change for it to be better than another tank in wbs, only thing ur good for is parry/crit which isnt that good. Half ib skills still get mogged by others such as kotbauras or pots . the 5secs kd u have to be 2h for lmao 2h in wbs die almost as fast as a melee,a sm will x2 ur dmg and brings more utilities. i really dont know why people say its good what game are they playing t2t3 scs?

tldr: every buff you have other class has it better and easier

Vri

Post#8 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:24 pm

RORquest wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:06 pm

tldr: every buff you have other class has it better and easier

Ads
CyunUnderis

Post#9 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:17 pm

RORquest wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:06 pm the 5secs kd u have to be 2h for lmao 2h in wbs die almost as fast as a melee,a sm will x2 ur dmg and brings more utilities.
I think you misunderstand the spell Cave In (3sc KD + 5sc dot, 20sc CD) and forgot that the IB has another KD Shield of Reprisal (3sc KD on parry or block, 10sc CD).

Also, IB has the best AP pump in the game and an undefendable AoE snare. Not sure we can call it the worst tank.

jbrutal

Post#10 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:19 pm

CyunUnderis wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:17 pm
RORquest wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:06 pm the 5secs kd u have to be 2h for lmao 2h in wbs die almost as fast as a melee,a sm will x2 ur dmg and brings more utilities.
I think you misunderstand the spell Cave In (3sc KD + 5sc dot, 20sc CD) and forgot that the IB has another KD Shield of Reprisal (3sc KD on parry or block, 10sc CD).

Also, IB has the best AP pump in the game and an undefendable AoE snare. Not sure we can call it the worst tank.

''Not sure we can call it the worst tank'' ap pump, and snare wooptido!