Recent Topics

Ads

[BW] Help with AoE Build

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Kalterftw

[BW] Help with AoE Build

Post#1 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:46 am

Looking for an AoE build for RvR. Been playing STD and its fun timing DoTs but looking to provide my WB with more of an AoE presence then i currently offer. I've looked to other BW post but the info seems a little dated and Was wondering what others are currently having success with.

Torn Between http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bw; ... ;;0:0:0:0:
And http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bw; ... ;;0:0:0:0:

I am also still unsure with a tactic set-up. Flashfire seems meh, if disrupted that much should switch to a diff target anyways.

Ads
BreezeKicker

Re: [BW] Help with AoE Build

Post#2 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:46 pm

1st of all 1st option is NOT a AoE build, it is a variation of ST build. Sure you have AoE element on FBB but that is not enough to classify it as AoE centered build, just no.

This one is an actual AoE build but it is far from optimal, you would have way more success with something like this [you need either full anni/merc or rr50 for the full package, if you really want to use it before, drop spreading flames]

Explosive force is lackluster at best, especially when one can replace it with wildfire - which will proc of all your conf abilities [Anni, FieryB, FBreath, smoke, RoF, SE,] with 25% chance on every single enemy you hit [up to 9 per ability], It gets contri from your stats and CAN crit, and ticks ~2-3 times over 5s, meaning you get dmg on top of dmg for consecutive hits. While EF happens once when you get self dmg [35% on abi activation - in casse of anni only once for ~3 sec, while wildfire can proc from EACH of conf abilities hits] and is based upon unscaling figure [max 750/2=375 at rank 40. Btw wildfire tic can hit in +700 range] and is centered around you and only you, while wildfire is subjects to particular ability range and radius. Ask any snipe engi about hollow points, wildfire is similar in many aspects.

Flashfire is a must have in any sort of AoE spec, you are, by default, hitting more than 1 target, in most cases 6-9 in RvR, your job is to soften/kill groups of players, each enemy represents one hit/proc chance. SO using only direct dmg abis you gonna have from 6 to 9 chances to be disrupted, Add AoE dots to the mix and you can get up to 45 chances to proc it each gcd [any direct abi hitting while there is active Deto, SpreadingF, Fbreath, WildF on max amount of targets]. Sure tac has 3 s internal cooldown, but it allows you to cast freaking 3s cast hard hitting AoE on the MOVE as an instant, you can also use it to top of Anni for the big unf at the end of channel. All of that can and will happen regardless of you initial target, heck your target can even have 0 disrupt but you still gonna see disrupts rolling in. You gonna have this proc up and ready each 3-4s once proper fight starts.

Devour energy may be redundant based on your party composition, someone may already be feeding you AP, or you may not feel the need for it with burnout, it depends on many factors. I like to have it so i may just keep going and going w/o a care for my ap reserves. You could swap crown of fire or some other tac in its place if you so desire.

Now nova over funnel power is another personal preference. Yes Fpower will add more dmg to your AoE, but it will also stress your healers more as it applies to all targets hit and in return damages you for each target hit. Nova on other hand gives you a very good on demand "snipe" [no flight time, insta dmg] finishers and initial comb build tool [insta 40 % mechanic straight away] and a quick comb restore after burnout [both operate on 40 comb]. Sure you can argue that there are times when you dont care how much self dmg you take [aka no enemy pressure on you whatsoever + heals] but those situations are either rare or can very quickly change, after all the lower you are the more attention you usually get . If anything i would advise getting it and toggling it on/off when appropriate, however i would also advise to do that at 50/60 once you get extra point.
Last edited by BreezeKicker on Wed May 31, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sunset-BW...(M)|Starlight-SM.
Moon-WP..........|Mayor-ENG
Vanguard-KotBs|Breeze-WL
Aryanne-WH

Leader of CNTK branch @RoR

Kalterftw

Re: [BW] Help with AoE Build

Post#3 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:19 pm

Thanks Exactly What I Was Looking For!
The explanation meant a lot to me instead of just saying go this.