Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Clarification on Guilty Soul Tactic

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Draugris

[WP] Clarification on Guilty Soul Tactic

Post#1 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:13 am

The Tooltip says

"Any time you critically hit with a direct damage ability in the Path Of Wrath, your target will suffer an additional X Spirit Damage over X Seconds, your defensive target will also be healed for any damage dealt"

So the question is, which damage cause the healing ? The ticks from the Spirit damage, white damage, damage from the PoW tree or also from other trees ? I got a bit inconsistent results when i tried it.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Ads
Charon

Re: [WP] Clarification on Guilty Soul Tactic

Post#2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:05 pm

You gain heal from spirit dmg after mitigation. Tactic might be usefull for Wrath wp if you have duo with Sm, high crit and use smite a lot, but don''t expect much.

Guilty Soul in my opinion was created by Mythic to add a bit more pasive self healing to AoR melee grace/wrath WP build and Leading the Prayer tc or wrath/salvation absorb build (no my fellow WP it was not bug that fanatism gave +10 heal crit) before Divine Assalut had been moved to Grace tree.

But this whole idea did not work in AoR and it fails in RoR even more. After all it only proves in what shape is melee wp now. Old conceptions were not efficient enough (and Mythic did not care to balance) and RoR devs nerfed even reminiscences of them.
Last edited by Charon on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

Draugris

Post#3 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:11 pm

Perfect, thanks for clarifying!
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:21 pm

Smite/Bludgeon/Hammer of Sigmar/Ini debuff/Snare. Essentially any Wrath DD ability (not Soulfire).