Recent Topics

Ads

[WH]: is crit pointless?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sulorie

Re: [WH]: is crit pointless?

Post#21 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:06 pm

To get this straight, the shaman was solo and the RP didn't manage to keep you alive? This would have nothing to do with being high rank as that shaman doesn't even deal much dmg tbh.
Crit is viable as it's the only way to generate pressure on a target, without assisting. When your effective crit chance after adding enemy chance to be crit is around 5%, then I wouldn't bet on many crit hits. Therefore you need a group to raise crit even further, if you fight defensive targets.
On the other hand, there are many without high negative chance to be crit.
Dying is no option.

Ads
bichka

Post#22 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:07 pm

you should spec full crit from renown and use ini bullets only.

Ototo

Post#23 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:19 pm

Literally worst thread of this forum:
* All people speaking blindly to themselves while also...
* Completely ignoring other people comments and post like they weren't there, since the very 1st answer ignoring the opening post.
* A mixed bag of crap without any support, or experience, for both classes.
* No other point anymore, now that the theme has been settled, that to come here to insult or be insulted at.
* Zero relevant info or anything useful at all.
* Several 1day-1week old accounts messing even more the pot.

Imo, this is the kind of thread that worth to be locked.
Spoiler:

Ysaran

Post#24 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:33 pm

aylictal wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:29 pm i came back to the thread to see if any others would actually answer my question and a few actually did (kudos to those!), while others continued telling me how i need guard, how i need to stop when gork says stop on me, or how i need a specific knight or ib or whatever which is hilarious.

i was grouped, with a runepriest and a white lion, and they weren't puggers, they were friends.

the shaman in question is high rank, theres no way hes not given a string of 35 consecutive attacks not a single one critting on 25%.

as others pointed out, the post was merely me asking whether or not crit was viable.

i don't think it is and i'm looking for solutions to be able to do some damage as a dps class because thats what a witch hunter is (or at least, i thought) given that i've used nearly every single point of my own RR into opportunist and as well as a tactic slot that is both being fully negated.
listen you may not appreciate my word, i dont care. from the screenshot is clear that you were in wb. if your RP friend coudn't keep you alive against a SOLO dps shammy then it's learn to play issue, if you coudn't kill a SOLO dps shammy assisted by a WL then it's learn to play issue. from your screenshot is clear that you have 800 str (160 dps bonus -> 800 str) which means that your wrong builded (you need to almost cap it at least) and this it's a learn to play issue. again from the screenshot it's clear that you are not using pots and this is, guess what... learn to play issue.

you think that crit isn't viable? who cares! your words means nothing, you are doing too many noobish errors to think that your word is accountable. everyone told you that crit it's not only viable, but it's the ONLY way to deal decent damage.
maybe before to judge stupid other ppl advices you should try to understand wether your perspective on the subject is wrong or not
Zputadenti

Arbich
Suspended

Post#25 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:38 pm

I would say crit in general is quite strong, cause you will most likely kill ppl with burst dmg. Especially as WH you lack the sustain dmg to really pressure anyone without burst.

If you really want to stay away from +crit, maybe try the blessed blade tactic, combined with some +AA haste items (if there are any for WH) and share your experiences with us after some tests.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Tom

Post#26 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:31 pm

Ototo wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:19 pm Literally worst thread of this forum:
* All people speaking blindly to themselves while also...
* Completely ignoring other people comments and post like they weren't there, since the very 1st answer ignoring the opening post.
* A mixed bag of crap without any support, or experience, for both classes.
* No other point anymore, now that the theme has been settled, that to come here to insult or be insulted at.
* Zero relevant info or anything useful at all.
* Several 1day-1week old accounts messing even more the pot.

Imo, this is the kind of thread that worth to be locked.
Aaaand luckily Your post contributed a great deal to enlighten the player posting their question.... :roll:

OP: No build is universally the "best build". Stacking crits will work superbly against some builds, not so against defensively specced enemies. You have to pick your targets according to your chosen playstyle. Depending on one's own build the importance of picking the right fight varies. As a glass cannon critter (I mean crit hit, not the animal! :lol: ), if you engage naturally defensive classes, and dedicated small-scalers you SHOULD expect a much tougher time with your setup, than if you fight the typical warband-aligned player and glass cannon enemies. It comes down to you picking the right fights to make the build work for you.. it typically doesn't work the other way around.
As for your 35 non-crit hits (if the number is accurate) - well, as others have already alluded to, your example is a fight with probably one of the
more defensive shammies roaming out there.

So is crit pointless? Answer: it depends on your ability to stick to fighting enemies suited for your build!

teiloh

Post#27 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:39 pm

Ysaran wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:33 pm listen you may not appreciate my word, i dont care. from the screenshot is clear that you were in wb. if your RP friend coudn't keep you alive against a SOLO dps shammy then it's learn to play issue, if you coudn't kill a SOLO dps shammy assisted by a WL then it's learn to play issue. from your screenshot is clear that you have 800 str (160 dps bonus -> 800 str) which means that your wrong builded (you need to almost cap it at least) and this it's a learn to play issue. again from the screenshot it's clear that you are not using pots and this is, guess what... learn to play issue.

you think that crit isn't viable? who cares! your words means nothing, you are doing too many noobish errors to think that your word is accountable. everyone told you that crit it's not only viable, but it's the ONLY way to deal decent damage.
maybe before to judge stupid other ppl advices you should try to understand wether your perspective on the subject is wrong or not
That's not at all what he said, the Shaman was grouped. All he wants to know is whether or not crit builds was a viable best way to optimize TTK.

StrongUn

Post#28 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:03 pm

Relife has renown 80 and BiS gear... you have annihilator set? of course you will hit him like a wet noddle.

/offtopic
BTW... Is the armory broken? :roll:

Ads
noobwarrior

Post#29 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:31 pm

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5299,5310

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;0;0;4;0;0

I wear 4xopp. and 2x more dominant
a lv 55 BB/BE weap*
it depends on the gems I use and that is armor and toughness..

noobwarrior

Post#30 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:37 pm

if i were a student or unemployed i would have had the new set for a long time but at the moment it will probably take me 6-8 months until i have it together.
but at the moment i wear rags unlike the others and it seems that it is enough for those who have the new set xDD