Recent Topics

Ads

[WP DPS] Bludgeon posible change (poll)

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)

Poll: Which changes would you preffer?

Armor debuff procs stack.
17%
50% haste on hit.
40%
Let the class die and be a joke and be hate by its own commuty in scenarios, city etc
43%
Total votes: 60

Bloodmasked

Re: [WP DPS] Bludgeon posible change (poll)

Post#41 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:43 am

https://i.imgur.com/ca2UT9h.png

i do 5k+ healing even if im fully specced into the dps tree

Ads
Bloodmasked

Post#42 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:04 am

yoluigi wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:24 pm
penagos22 wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:56 pm
Snoxx wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:54 pm Some salvation-spec WPs use the Divine Justice tactic.
It's actually a nice damage boost for the group.

But why salv-spec? Because that's the only WP spec where you can "waste" a tactic slot for that.
(and also have leftover spec-points since you only need to spec into the salv-tree and basically need nothing from the other trees)

A wrath WP simply cannot afford the tactic slot.
He needs to run with Divine Fury, Hastened Divinity, Fanaticism and Guilty Soul.
All 4 of them are must-have tactics. There are no other viable options.

If Bludgeon gets changed to somehow replace the haste tactic that might help free up a tactic slot, but I don't think that's the way to go.

Personally, I'd rather have Divine Strike back to AP instead of RF, or a weaker version of Sigmars Radiance available in 2-hand mode instead.

You don't really need Bludgeon (as anytimer core skill). There are enough wrath dps skills for a damage rotation already. Bludgeon is only a starter skill for the early low-levels and becomes useless once you level up. That's ok. I don't even have it on my hotbar.
Here in RoR, wp dps is not a single target dps. HD is a waste of tactic slot, DJ is the better option right now.

Bludgeon should give some sustain. If you are playing in the right way you dont really use it.
Did a test i got DJ tactic first of all its 1 more mastery point needed also. i killed 3 times with DJ and 3 times with Haste ability. (used same abilities) on npc dummy
DJ = 28.80 to 28.90 seconds
Haste = 25.10 to 25.20 seconds
Why? Well if you hit faster you also procs more times prayer of righteous. Wp dps is singletarget class. Having smite and soulfire make us and aoe class now?
divine justice is obviously a group tactic and you are testing it as solo on a dummy.

yoluigi

Post#43 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:16 am

Bloodmasked wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:43 am https://i.imgur.com/ca2UT9h.png

Your testing on a dummy and your a dok.

Bloodmasked

Post#44 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:22 am

yoluigi wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:16 am
Bloodmasked wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:43 am https://i.imgur.com/ca2UT9h.png

Your testing on a dummy and your a dok.
https://youtu.be/yFspnPuanT8?t=60

1193 * 4 = ~4800

if you had different gear (maximum damage, minimum wounds like me) you would easily get to 5k+

Sinisterror

Post#45 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:50 am

Bloodmasked wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:35 am
Gareul wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:06 pm Its clueless people like bloodmasked that make these **** forums a **** experience to discuss balance when all they can do is troll for a reaction because you have no idea on what it is to play a melee WP/DoK in general let alone endgame. It is bullshit to keep your RF up with sigmars shield that is FACT even with a dual wielding target on whoever u have put it on, and no unless u are smite spamming with sigmars wrath cd u cannot generate enough RF as WP with sigmars shield even as grace unless u can smite enough targets. And you are wrong about divine assault numbers get to endgame with all the parry/block stacking and tell me u heal for 5k every DA that is just delusional. I main wrath and offspec grace rr 84 and played it live know the class like the back of my hand u sir are wrong. YOU cannot run without Divine Fury, Fanaticism, Guilty Soul, Hastened Divinity spec wont perform FACT.
you are supposed to hit engie turrets/magus pets for your self healing, not tanks. sorry you got to rr 84 and didn't realise this yet. and my healing is actually around 8k-10k if im running the 25% heal tactic, but now days im running heal debuff even as shield because i like to kill people fast.
Yawn. If you really think he's not hitting turrets/pets for self healing when it's possible but it's not possible most of the time. You are not killing anything fast in shield spec. Imo Righteousness prayer should do double dmg already because there is no snare proc possibility compared to dok. ICD from bullets/kisses prayers/covenants etc should be removed or make procs able to do critical dmg (Only crit dmg/no ICD for prayers/covenants/bw/sorc like buffs etc for the player himself not to whole grp to avoid new proc meta) Also it makes sense when divine strike costs RF/SE when using shield because you can really do good healing numbers with DS/CE and Sigmar's R, not true for 2h/DW and this imbalance need fixing.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

yoluigi

Post#46 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:39 pm

Well for a dok i understand why he would not take 50% haste because in dual weilding would not be worth it. With a 2h that hits for 3.6-4 speed is worth it. having something with +2 sov would be very good. https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5016,4977
The healing would be very powerfull. (transfered focus) and pillage essence is soo good might as well get that 25% tap heal instead of the heal debuff.

Sinisterror

Post#47 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:01 pm

yoluigi wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:39 pm Well for a dok i understand why he would not take 50% haste because in dual weilding would not be worth it. With a 2h that hits for 3.6-4 speed is worth it. having something with +2 sov would be very good. https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5016,4977
The healing would be very powerfull. (transfered focus) and pillage essence is soo good might as well get that 25% tap heal instead of the heal debuff.
That is good if you want more healing than dps, cant test that since no +2 gear but yeah heals would be very nice. But as dps dok AA haste tactic and khaines imbuement (if no heal debuff) i think i have 1.2 sec AA hits on dok atm and 2x proc wpns + khaines imb + Celerity so the faster the AA hits = lot more procs. Spec you linked is probably op in small scale and much more useful than the extra dmg and procs from AA. Btw Sigmar's Shield should do same amount of dmg than def target is getting heals and every dmg tick would give 5 rf back and every heal would take 10 rf. Remove 10 sec duration let it go as long as you can keep RF up. That would make the skill alot better in terms of small dmg/heal increase without making it OP.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Gareul

Post#48 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:22 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:01 pm
yoluigi wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:39 pm Well for a dok i understand why he would not take 50% haste because in dual weilding would not be worth it. With a 2h that hits for 3.6-4 speed is worth it. having something with +2 sov would be very good. https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,5016,4977
That is good if you want more healing than dps, cant test that since no +2 gear but yeah heals would be very nice. But as dps dok AA haste tactic and khaines imbuement (if no heal debuff) i think i have 1.2 sec AA hits on dok atm and 2x proc wpns + khaines imb + Celerity so the faster the AA hits = lot more procs. Spec you linked is probably op in small scale and much more useful than the extra dmg and procs from AA. Btw Sigmar's Shield should do same amount of dmg than def target is getting heals and every dmg tick would give 5 rf back and every heal would take 10 rf. Remove 10 sec duration let it go as long as you can keep RF up. That would make the skill alot better in terms of small dmg/heal increase without making it OP.
I actually like that idea for Sigmars Shield.

Ads
yoluigi

Post#49 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:08 pm

Gareul wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:22 pm
Sinisterror wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:01 pm
I actually like that idea for Sigmars Shield.
Yeah would be a good idea they kinda need to rework the whole if you have a 2h it procs this etc. Like grace of sigmar which target 3 other units with Divine strike if you have a shield. but certain skill procs if you have a 2h