Recent Topics

Ads

some questions about wh

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
inoeth
Suspended

Re: some questions about wh

Post#11 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:41 am

XsorrowerX wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:20 am
inoeth wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:16 am imo drop all defensive stuff because lets be honest, if get into trouble you die anyway.... that also counts for sanctified bullets, i really dont get why people suggest to take that :D
Sanctified bullets lets you play a skirmish style, instead of completely running away in group fights. With Dragon Gun in those situations, it's like having a full heal on 10 sec cooldown and it's also good on Trial by Pain for 1v1s, because it hits twice. Sure, with better RR and gear, you can start to wean your way off of it, but it's pretty good for low levels. I've used it a lot, trust me.
trust me i tried all that but it does not save you at all

in a situation where you need a full heal every 10s, 10s are way too long.... usually you die in 2s
in a 1on1 situation where you would need a heal you are better off with a pot since the two heals you get are a joke (around 200-300 each)

better but everything into offense abilities and try to kill your target in KD

Ads
XsorrowerX

Post#12 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:54 am

inoeth wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:41 am
XsorrowerX wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:20 am
inoeth wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:16 am imo drop all defensive stuff because lets be honest, if get into trouble you die anyway.... that also counts for sanctified bullets, i really dont get why people suggest to take that :D
Sanctified bullets lets you play a skirmish style, instead of completely running away in group fights. With Dragon Gun in those situations, it's like having a full heal on 10 sec cooldown and it's also good on Trial by Pain for 1v1s, because it hits twice. Sure, with better RR and gear, you can start to wean your way off of it, but it's pretty good for low levels. I've used it a lot, trust me.
trust me i tried all that but it does not save you at all

in a situation where you need a full heal every 10s, 10s are way too long.... usually you die in 2s
in a 1on1 situation where you would need a heal you are better off with a pot since the two heals you get are a joke (around 200-300 each)

better but everything into offense abilities and try to kill your target in KD
Pots are a long cooldown, you can easily play a hit and run skirmish style with dragon gun and sanctified, but going in and out at the right moments. It is not a cure all, for sure, but it does let you sustain a lot more when you are solo in large battles and lots of aoe's are being thrown around. When you are grouped, you don't need it and should be running damage/heal debuffs. In 1v1s, every little bit helps if something goes wrong, but pots are better for those situations, I agree.

abezverkhiy

Post#13 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:57 pm

Lots of advices here to choose from)))

Regardless of the build always try to maximize your Strength through tactics and talismans and, perhaps, through renown.

Our class is not supposed to be at the front lines and our class is not supposed to be hit. Therefore, investing in survival should not be at cost of damage dealing. I would say, a bare minimum of Strength at level 40 is 800 unbuffed. Reach this milestone and only then start thinking about anything else.

I run a small WH party and you are welcome to join. Mostly playing on weekends.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

billyk

Post#14 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:58 pm

My recipe for a relatively pleasant WH experience:

1. Get STR up to soft cap (Orange numbers)
2. Invest in STR, Crit, Wounds. Your aim is not becoming a glass cannon, you usually need to survive for 2-3 global CDs.
3. Get Knockdown and BAL ASAP. Bullet type doesn't really matter, not much difference, maybe they're bugging. Cleansing does most damage but you get it late. Rotation should be 1. Burn Armor (general), Fanatical Zeal (for healers), KD, BAL, if they're not down by half after that, try to get away.
4. Never join a WB, only gank and very rarely do SCs
5. Stay away from Tanks, Shammies and DoKs (Invincible unless they suck)
6. Target Magus, WE, Sorc (Free XP and renown unless they vastly outlevel/outgear you)
7. Sneaking into keeps after Destro took a map to brutalize the afk people often works but not always
8. If you see a group of Order roamers killing stuff, join in
9. Look out for maps where you can hide easily when your stealth runs out: Praag is very nice for this, Reikland, HP, TM and Eataine are ok, rest is meh
10. Never fight fair, never join large scale fights, only gank the stragglers. When there's a siege going on, you might as well travel to a different map because you don't really have anything to do in a siege.
11. Use Santified Oil not for escape (It doesn't work usually), but for mobility, ie. a Charge substitute.
12. You win some you lose some. As long as you can make a few Dessies cry impotently in their frustration, all is well.

Because Destro is so overpopulated, your only problem with this play style is finding guys who are alone or afk.

rikthor89

Post#15 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:44 pm

thanks everyone for the very advice, the build i have in mind is like the one in the video i like the style of play that this build allows, i would like to play it on my wh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zHUgSw ... =randommpa

does anyone know what kind of build equip tactics it uses?

Sofong

Post#16 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:56 am

rikthor89 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:44 pm thanks everyone for the very advice, the build i have in mind is like the one in the video i like the style of play that this build allows, i would like to play it on my wh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zHUgSw ... =randommpa

does anyone know what kind of build equip tactics it uses?
thats parry+dragun gun+self heal bullet+flowing accusation+abso spam

build prolly like this

RoR.builders - Witch Hunter

rikthor89

Post#17 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:42 pm

thank you very much