Recent Topics

Ads

[Warrior Priest] Soulfire

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Specialpatrol

[Warrior Priest] Soulfire

Post#1 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:11 pm

I would like to suggest that the Wrath ability 'Soulfire' can proc 'Guilty Soul' tactic. And perhaps remove the possibility of parrying this ability as well.

As it stands it's a quite useless ability, with a very long cast-time, that's easily interrupted and can get parried, for no obvious reason (it's a ranged attack) - with no benefits to it other than being able to build RF out of combat.

Making it work with 'Guilty Soul' would actually give a bit of synergy to the Wrath abilities and tactics - and make it somewhat viable to spec.
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

Ads
ThePollie
Banned

Re: [Warrior Priest] Soulfire

Post#2 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:43 pm

Until Guilty Soul is fixed, this change would make little difference, if any at all.

Though the ability itself does not actually need that much work. Just removing the cast time would resolve the bulk of the issues.

Scrilian

Post#3 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:42 am

If only Guilty Soul was a healdebuff and not a silly dot :3
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Specialpatrol

Post#4 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:57 am

I think Guilty Soul is fine as it is. It's a good aoe dot, that beefs up you dmg as a dps WP, while supplying a heal to your def target. But it only works with Wrath abilities - except Soulfire, which really doesn't make sense.

But why does GS need fixing? Is it bugged and not working as intended?

Removing the cast time completely on Soulfire might be too much. But lowering it a bit - to say a 1s would not be a game breaker.

There are other issues with the Wrath tree in it's current state that could also use some addressing. The useless heal debuff, Absence of Faith, has already been mentioned in another post, but also the AoE detaunt tactic, Intimidating Repent, seems oddly misplaced, since 2handers now have AoE detaunt as default - and 95% of all WPs who spec into Wrath go with 2handers.

Swapping it out with a tactic from Salvation, for instance Refreshing Radiance (25% chance for grp members to regain AP on heals), might be an idea. I doubt any Wrath WPs would use it, but the Salv WPs would rejoice.

Wrath's spam-attack, Bludgeon, is also quite sub-par to it's Grace equivalent. If I recall correctly, then it used to do a bit more dmg than Divine Strikes - which on the other hand healed on hits. Even then it was an easy choice. But now, Sigmar's Radiance (the new Divine Strikes) hits for more, heals and also builds more RF.
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

ThePollie
Banned

Post#5 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:46 pm

Specialpatrol wrote:I think Guilty Soul is fine as it is. It's a good aoe dot, that beefs up you dmg as a dps WP, while supplying a heal to your def target. But it only works with Wrath abilities - except Soulfire, which really doesn't make sense.

Removing the cast time completely on Soulfire might be too much. But lowering it a bit - to say a 1s would not be a game breaker.

There are other issues with the Wrath tree in it's current state that could also use some addressing. The useless heal debuff, Absence of Faith, has already been mentioned in another post, but also the AoE detaunt tactic, Intimidating Repent, seems oddly misplaced, since 2handers now have AoE detaunt as default - and 95% of all WPs who spec into Wrath go with 2handers.

Swapping it out with a tactic from Salvation, for instance Refreshing Radiance (25% chance for grp members to regain AP on heals), might be an idea. I doubt any Wrath WPs would use it, but the Salv WPs would rejoice.

Wrath's spam-attack, Bludgeon, is also quite sub-par to it's Grace equivalent. If I recall correctly, then it used to do a bit more dmg than Divine Strikes - which on the other hand healed on hits. Even then it was an easy choice. But now, Sigmar's Radiance (the new Divine Strikes) hits for more, heals and also builds more RF.

1) Guilty Soul refreshes itself, making it absolutely useless against any target you don't simply attack once and then move away from. That's fine for Smiting groups, but any target you use Bludgeon on is at risk of having it refreshed, and Guilty Soul only damages on the third second. Refreshing it constantly ensures it never actually functions until you stop attacking.

Mind you, this intends to be fixed soon.

2) Divine Mend has a .5 second cast time and I still see that pushed to obscene cast times by enemy attacks.

Personally, there are quite a few tactics I'd prefer to move around or replace. Not the thread for it, though.

grendel1892

Post#6 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:31 am

ThePollie wrote:
Specialpatrol wrote:I think Guilty Soul is fine as it is. It's a good aoe dot, that beefs up you dmg as a dps WP, while supplying a heal to your def target. But it only works with Wrath abilities - except Soulfire, which really doesn't make sense.

1) Guilty Soul refreshes itself, making it absolutely useless against any target you don't simply attack once and then move away from. That's fine for Smiting groups, but any target you use Bludgeon on is at risk of having it refreshed, and Guilty Soul only damages on the third second. Refreshing it constantly ensures it never actually functions until you stop attacking.

Mind you, this intends to be fixed soon.

2) Divine Mend has a .5 second cast time and I still see that pushed to obscene cast times by enemy attacks.

Personally, there are quite a few tactics I'd prefer to move around or replace. Not the thread for it, though.

Guilty Soul does not refresh itself anymore. I checked about a week ago. However it doesn't work like it used to on live. the only time it was ever worthwhile was when it used to stack. IE hit them with smite from far out, proc a GS dot. then close in and hit w bludgeon and proc a second GS dot. now it just runs for 9 seconds and if you crit the target a second time during that 9 seconds it is meaningless. So it is still kind of Meh.. However the individual ticks from GS can crit which is good.
I smash things on Bolimor (WP) :shock:
I heal Peoplez on Mewanna Party (RP) :o
I guard the slayer on Igurd (SM) :D
I shootz arrows on Frigi Dare (SW) :(

ThePollie
Banned

Post#7 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:17 pm

grendel1892 wrote:Guilty Soul does not refresh itself anymore. I checked about a week ago. However it doesn't work like it used to on live. the only time it was ever worthwhile was when it used to stack. IE hit them with smite from far out, proc a GS dot. then close in and hit w bludgeon and proc a second GS dot. now it just runs for 9 seconds and if you crit the target a second time during that 9 seconds it is meaningless. So it is still kind of Meh.. However the individual ticks from GS can crit which is good.
Sadly, the lack of tactic slots in T3 gimp its use.

Divine Fury/Fanaticism/Hastened Divinity is simply too good. In T4 you could slot it, but Divine Justice and Endless Guilt are just as competitive. I'd likely slot GS for the combination of damage and healing, but DJ would be better for overall damage, since it also benefits the group.

grendel1892

Post#8 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:21 am

ThePollie wrote:
grendel1892 wrote:Guilty Soul does not refresh itself anymore. I checked about a week ago. However it doesn't work like it used to on live. the only time it was ever worthwhile was when it used to stack. IE hit them with smite from far out, proc a GS dot. then close in and hit w bludgeon and proc a second GS dot. now it just runs for 9 seconds and if you crit the target a second time during that 9 seconds it is meaningless. So it is still kind of Meh.. However the individual ticks from GS can crit which is good.
Sadly, the lack of tactic slots in T3 gimp its use.

Divine Fury/Fanaticism/Hastened Divinity is simply too good. In T4 you could slot it, but Divine Justice and Endless Guilt are just as competitive. I'd likely slot GS for the combination of damage and healing, but DJ would be better for overall damage, since it also benefits the group.
Yeah I agree in most situations DJ would be better. The only way I can see GS being worthwhile is if you are running with a SM and can smite a lot. Then I might try DF, Fan, GS and DJ. Even then I don't see that working out to well.
I smash things on Bolimor (WP) :shock:
I heal Peoplez on Mewanna Party (RP) :o
I guard the slayer on Igurd (SM) :D
I shootz arrows on Frigi Dare (SW) :(

Ads
Voe

Post#9 » Sun May 22, 2016 1:02 am

Soulfire is crap. It was crap on live and it is crap now. Now, since our Smite no longer gives back RF when nothing is hit by it, one use of Soulfire is to regen RF while in combat and moving (i.e being chased), without any enemies in site.

If you want an RF builder on the move to regen RF in combat, then spec Soulfire.

Gareul

Post#10 » Mon May 30, 2016 11:40 am

I would like to see it get 1 sec cast with instant damage+DoT like castigation got when it was revamped, that way it can proc GS.