Does Witch Hunter have a place anywhere?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
peterthepan3

Re: Does Witch Hunter have a place anywhere?

Post#21 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:48 am

"b-but...but....aoe, brah!" :P

WH are hard to play -well-, which is why there are so few decent ones on RoR atm.

Ads
Glorian

Post#22 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:54 am

Bretin wrote:... by having 23 noobs and one guy with half a brain (8/8/8) for the calls. that guy does not have to be good either, all he needs to do is calling and counting down properly.
Damn, now I know why it is so hard to be creative sometimes. ;)

Found this one.

roadkillrobin

Post#23 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:33 pm

Bretin wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:Why is the RoR community so insanly obsessed with 6man single target assist groups? Is it because of little to no skill requirement pressing a assist macro or is it because the community needs something to blame when the loose to larger numbers?
if it doesn't require skill, gather your 6 man, que for CW and kick our ass. unless you can't, i can't take you serious since i have no idea who you even are. videos of us killing warbands as a 6 man can be found on my twitch ;)

zerg is quantity over quality, 6 man is the opposite. it is the part of WAR which requires individual skill on any party member and calls from all archetypes. as a blob you can compensate shitty gameplay such as mouse clicking abilities, back paddeling and reaction times > 2.0s by having 23 noobs and one guy with half a brain (8/8/8) for the calls. that guy does not have to be good either, all he needs to do is calling and counting down properly.

farming poor pugs behind a keep/bo wall where you really can't be pressured has nothing to do with skill. how good those largescale guilds really are and how much skill is involved in their gameplay, can be examined when they try to que for sc's or fight a premade in oRvR outside of keep / bo range. the same people who can successfully farm pugs by aoeing them, frequently getting their ass raped.
This was meant as satir of your post.
I don't think that either is more skillfull then the others. I just think they play differently and are moast efficiant on different scale of battle. But here's the hard fact. Your 6man can't beat a guild warband. But they sure can beat you. So why should they compromise for your satisfaction? They are the ones who set the sealing in orvr and are the force to be recon with.

Grimmrog

Post#24 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:34 pm

Glorian wrote:My usual advice is:
If you love to play a class that no one wants in their warband. Make a Guild around it! :)
Call them them the Imperial Pistolier Korps and go for it.

And see them dying on the battlefield becasue they have no healers and tanks :P

nydig

Post#25 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:45 pm

WE and WH are both fine in most settings. They will improve greatly with t4 but for melee they bring some of the highest single target dps. Yes they lack aoe but on a assist train in a group or solo they do just fine.

The only thing is right now they lack their self punt which gives them semi punt immunity a escape a ghetto pounce complete pull immunity and the fact they have to choose Witchbrew/exit wound or knock down and crit dmg tactic. All of which will be fixed again come t4.

Tl:dr. Classes are fine.

Gachimuchi

Post#26 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:47 pm

roadkillrobin wrote: Maybe coz 6v6 isnt actually a official format in the game? There are plenty of guilds runing premades tho. Probobly 5/6 guilds do.
Define 'official format'
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Penril

Post#27 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:47 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:Your 6man can't beat a guild warband.
Depends on the guild, and your definition of "beat".

A good 6-man can wipe a pug wb. Hell... just the other night our 4-man + a few destro adds were wiping/pushing an order WB + adds out of Avelorn destro keep, and farmed them for a while at the bridge between keep and order wc.

A good 6-man will use CC and kite against a guild wb, using postern doors too, getting more kills in the end. Will they save the BOs/keep? Probably not, but in the end they leave the zone with way more kills/renown/influence/xp/gear than the guild WB, and way less deaths. So, who beat who, really?

edit: How is it that every single thread in this forum ends up being a WB vs 6-man discussion?
Last edited by Penril on Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterthepan3

Post#28 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:51 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:
Bretin wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:Why is the RoR community so insanly obsessed with 6man single target assist groups? Is it because of little to no skill requirement pressing a assist macro or is it because the community needs something to blame when the loose to larger numbers?
if it doesn't require skill, gather your 6 man, que for CW and kick our ass. unless you can't, i can't take you serious since i have no idea who you even are. videos of us killing warbands as a 6 man can be found on my twitch ;)

zerg is quantity over quality, 6 man is the opposite. it is the part of WAR which requires individual skill on any party member and calls from all archetypes. as a blob you can compensate shitty gameplay such as mouse clicking abilities, back paddeling and reaction times > 2.0s by having 23 noobs and one guy with half a brain (8/8/8) for the calls. that guy does not have to be good either, all he needs to do is calling and counting down properly.

farming poor pugs behind a keep/bo wall where you really can't be pressured has nothing to do with skill. how good those largescale guilds really are and how much skill is involved in their gameplay, can be examined when they try to que for sc's or fight a premade in oRvR outside of keep / bo range. the same people who can successfully farm pugs by aoeing them, frequently getting their ass raped.
This was meant as satir of your post.
I don't think that either is more skillfull then the others. I just think they play differently and are moast efficiant on different scale of battle. But here's the hard fact. Your 6man can't beat a guild warband. But they sure can beat you. So why should they compromise for your satisfaction? They are the ones who set the sealing in orvr and are the force to be recon with.
There is simply no comparison. Anyone with eyes will see that 6v6 takes a hell of a lot more skill than zerg v zerg. Point in case being any 6man team can adapt to WB fighting, while the same can't be said if the roles are reversed. Not an insult or anything, it's just blatantly obvious.

Ads
Nekkma

Post#29 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:59 pm

Anyone with eyes will see that guild wb vs guild wb takes a hell of lot more skill than pugging caledor woods.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

roadkillrobin

Post#30 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:11 pm

Penril wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:Your 6man can't beat a guild warband.
Depends on the guild, and your definition of "beat".

A good 6-man can wipe a pug wb. Hell... just the other night our 4-man + a few destro adds were wiping/pushing an order WB + adds out of Avelorn destro keep, and farmed them for a while at the bridge between keep and order wc.

A good 6-man will use CC and kite against a guild wb, using postern doors too, getting more kills in the end. Will they save the BOs/keep? Probably not, but in the end they leave the zone with way more kills/renown/influence/xp/gear than the guild WB, and way less deaths. So, who beat who, really?

edit: How is it that every single thread in this forum ends up being a WB vs 6-man discussion?
My post clearly said guild warband. Anyone can beat pugs coz they don't have the cordination or communicaton. And the majority of the time their comp is crapp.
And the reason every single thread ends up like that is coz everytime someone mention AoE the 6man elitist shows up and have to point out how superior their playstyle is and how talanetless the AoE warbands are.