Recent Topics

Ads

[Bright Wizard] Duo DPS rotation theorycrafting

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Jaycub

[Bright Wizard] Duo DPS rotation theorycrafting

Post#1 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:54 pm

Since theorycrafting is honestly more fun than playing the game right now I had a spur of the moment autism fit and made a chart trying to show the best rotation for 2 bw's in a party trying to burn through a well protected target. Playing double bw groups have proved to be very fun.

The first thing to discuss would be what builds both bw's (RR4x w/ full merc) should be running. I've come up with,

DoT Wizard: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bw; ... 3:;0:0:0:0:

Buff Wizard: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=bw; ... 1:;0:0:0:0:

DoT spec focuses more on dealing DoT damage and has the corp debuff, while the Buff spec has both buff tactics which scale insanely well with funnel power and effects the damage of your entire party, tries to make up lack of BB with FBB. I feel like these specs mesh very well together, the controversy comes in with flashfire I think. Many people seem to have different thoughts about. At higher RR's the Buff wizard has the choice to drop it for 5 sec BB, or both specs could opt for close quarters.

As for the chart itself and it's goal some things need to be assumed to allow for a conclusion to be possible.

>Both BW's are free casting and always in range of their target (no time lost moving or being set back), but never in close quarters range.
>They are casting on a clean target and receiving no outside help from other dps or tanks.
>Worst case scenario for cleansing would be 4 cleanses (double dok) in a 10 sec period.

The goal here is coming up with the best burst rotation for both BW's to run on a target to deal the most damage in a 1-2sec period (about a GCD) in the shortest amount of time given the extreme optimal conditions as stated above.

The chart: http://www.mediafire.com/view/lkt2j2a27 ... titled.png
Spoiler:
One thing I have not tested yet is whether sear or burning iron does more damage against a target w/ the corp debuff. If Sear does infact do more damage than you would swap it out.

This is just a fun thread I wanted to try and see if I could find any outside opinions or ideas to improve playing in this aspect. Remember a lot of things are being assumed and this is in no way a thread of "how to play BW" or any of that.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
Jambalaya

Re: [Bright Wizard] Duo DPS rotation theorycrafting

Post#2 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:30 pm

Want a chart for 3 BW setup pls
Big Yodes

porkstar

Post#3 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:31 pm

This is hawt literally and figuratively. Just a question. So basically the first four casts would have to be staggered slightly and in the proper order? BBW/Ignite - DBW/Detonate - BBW/Detonate - DBW/Ignite? So that the corp debuff Ignite is still applied even after three cleanses?
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

monty

Post#4 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:20 am

My way of playing is to catch people off guard by loading up on the front end and not back end(dots). I'm incineration spec and a lot of the spells after a fireball is instant. We have other abilities that assist in buffing our cast time like focus mind and flashfire tactic which are a huge help. (Also finding non tanks at 1/2 health to dps down is always fun)

So it would be like: Fireball, Fireball, Fireball barrage, Nova, Playing with Fire, Withering Heat and if any disrupt(flashfire) happens I would throw another fireball. The rotations differs a little once you figure out which work with which characters. If you have morale 4 up and use the Burning head straight 2400 hit point damage. This usually can take down most players and if you want to have fun with tanks I'd also throw in Burn Through tactic.

So I would max out my Incineration and add in immolation abilities like playing with fire so the person's ability to heal becomes poop. Usually if they are not dead, you have hungry people wanting to jump on the toon with low health to finish off the job.

Having buffs, pots, rank, armor sets, and such helps play a role in all this. Just my 2 cents :)