Recent Topics

Ads

[Warrior Priest] Full Damage build??

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ninepaces

Re: [Warrior Priest] Full Damage build??

Post#11 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:53 am

BrockRiefenstahl wrote:Is the point why Melee WP gets laughed often (as dps), the slow swingtimer (due to lesser proccs).
Or because he has more physical damage than a DoK? Or is DoK with the Dots+Spirit dmg generally a far superior DPS?
Its just not what the class does. Its like a black guard taking the willpower gear from the sc merchant and trying to be primarily a healer.

Ads
BrockRiefenstahl

Post#12 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:27 pm

Ninepaces wrote:
BrockRiefenstahl wrote:Is the point why Melee WP gets laughed often (as dps), the slow swingtimer (due to lesser proccs).
Or because he has more physical damage than a DoK? Or is DoK with the Dots+Spirit dmg generally a far superior DPS?
Its just not what the class does. Its like a black guard taking the willpower gear from the sc merchant and trying to be primarily a healer.
This comparsion seem a bit to much sarcastic/ironic. WP at least has a DPS Tree --> and therefore it should function as such. Engi/Magus have 3 different working dps trees and they got an overhaul before... Thats what I dont understand. :(

zumos2

Post#13 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:44 pm

Warkittens wrote:While we are on the subject, what is the usefulness of the auto attack increase? does it inc damage THAT much?
Yes :)
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Tholkienn

Post#14 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:36 am

BrockRiefenstahl wrote:
Ninepaces wrote:
This comparsion seem a bit to much sarcastic/ironic. WP at least has a DPS Tree --> and therefore it should function as such. Engi/Magus have 3 different working dps trees and they got an overhaul before... Thats what I dont understand. :(
Think Aza' have some ideas for us, but with the things he can do, and the things want to do, there is a hole, and probably a lack of time.
Heal spec and grace spec are fonctionnal with a good stuff and rr.

Culdu

Post#15 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:54 pm

I already replied several of those threads but due to 40 now an changed comunity playstyle I have to adjust my opinion a bit ;-)

Still the same is, having a hybrid bar with %dmgutility - %healutility Melee DoK is more on the damage side and Melee WP more on the healside. Which I guess is absolutely ok and working fine. Thinking of one of those classes as pure dd is just waste of utility even when it kind of works with a DoK

In my opinion melee WP has the following problems:
For group play in 2-2-2:
If you slot the melee WP as DD you strongly increase your durability but due to lack of burst, overall damage and movement going to get really hard to kill good enemies.
If you slot him as Healer you get a healreduce ignoring heal, but on the other side lose the 35%(kotb) - 45%(rp) healbonus on direct heals heal WP is normaly running. Also taking into account that melee heal is not soo reliable, the melee healer can't slot that much deff, can't stand at a bit distance, you are losing a lot for some additional damage in grp. - I also haven't seen anyone really melee healing except me

For random bgs:
Guess with the nice melee healing build you should be reliable in scenarios, as melee healing dok can be.
BUT random order is mainly range dds. If there is no melee pressure on the enemy and you are the only one going in there you just die, but that problem suffer all random playing order melees.

Conclusion:
Altogether it doesn't really have a benefit to have a melee wp in a grp(best setup blabla), even when i guess it could still be fun and functional! I guess it could get really interesting now with AM changes to run 2 hybrids in grp 1 healer 1 dd 2 tanks, but we will see.
If you play pug scs you are probably very often alone at the front which reduces your utility and fun to zero.
Greetings Starilas

terrio99

Post#16 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:39 am

I like my melee WP although he is just really for farming maybe take him into oRvR or SC. Can solo good 5 or 6 level 40s very easily and quickly with no down time ending fights with full hp.

Problem is that even though they are in medium armor they are still kind of squishy. So use armor talismans rather than str. Use armor pots b/c they don't stack with your Prayer of Absolution and run a different prayer. Forget the names but use the plus damage but reduced heal tactic, crit and parry tactic with reduced heals, attack speed on crit tactic and grace spec tactic for your melee group heal. From what I understand, haven't tested myself, but the reduced heals from you tactics do not effect the heals from melee heals.

If the AoE dot from wrath tree was instant cast on a cool down and a little damage buff be nice. I would even like the option for a tactic that reduces damage of divine assault and make it effect entire group.

The real struggle is the difficulty of playing a melee WP. Healing other people and getting your melee buffs to others, toughness and parry chance can be quite nice, and keeping yourself alive.

WarriorPriest

Post#17 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:15 pm

The original game design for the Warrior Priest of Sigmar by mythic was to be a mighty champion, and the strong arm of the Cult of Sigmar who crushes heretics and Chaos worshippers and inexplicitly opposes the unholy enemies of The Empire,as he is in the lore of Warhammer Fantasy (See Luthor Huss the Prophet of Sigmar, Grand Theogonist Volkmar the Grim, Brother Jakob Wolf, Brother Gunther from Mark of Chaos, etc).

After Mythic went with the four class with hybrids class balance system, and added the book mechanic to the class for the salvation specialization, the alternative was the melee Warrior Priest who should be a Tank/Healer hybrid with a giant great hammer, opposed to the Disciple of Khaine, who for the Dark Elves is supposed to be a Melee Dps/Healer hybrid with two one handed swords.

Warrior Priests wear heavy armoured steel breastplates and gorgets and pauldrons and gauntlets over their robes and religious ornaments and ceremonial robes, and The Cult of Sigmar espouses marital prowess on the battlefield and strength and righteousness of mind and will as the primary way of fighting against the servants of the Dark Gods and so forth.

And that is the design aesthetic I want to emulate for my Warrior Priest in ROR.

BrockRiefenstahl

Post#18 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:30 pm

For random bgs:
Guess with the nice melee healing build you should be reliable in scenarios, as melee healing dok can be.
BUT random order is mainly range dds. If there is no melee pressure on the enemy and you are the only one going in there you just die, but that problem suffer all random playing order melees.
This all day long as Order :-P

Ads
BrockRiefenstahl

Post#19 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:35 pm

Warrior Priests wear heavy armoured steel breastplates and gorgets and pauldrons and gauntlets over their robes and religious ornaments and ceremonial robes, and The Cult of Sigmar espouses marital prowess on the battlefield and strength and righteousness of mind and will as the primary way of fighting against the servants of the Dark Gods and so forth.
Than they gave him Medium robe and it was over with 2h Tankiness, but hey, at least they forgot to add them damage instead!

Kattastrof

Post#20 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:44 pm

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wp; ... :4168:4169:

ap battery for melee train with decent sustain.
Laugh at me but no hate please :D
1 tactic missclick thanks to butterfingers and cellphone

Guess wich