Recent Topics

Ads

Ruin Set for dps WP viable?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tsokushin

Ruin Set for dps WP viable?

Post#1 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:30 pm

Given the current changes to how Prayer of Righteoussness works (willpower->strength conversion), does anyone else think ruin set is viable for wrath WP?

Right now the Merc set has maybe 20 extra strength over Ruin, but Ruin has 142 Willpower attached to it, far outstripping it.

I haven't exactly crunched all the numbers, but 120 more strength (willpower conversion), 55 toughness, another point in wrath tree vs 480 armor, 5% melee crit and a point in grace.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Ads
zabis

Re: Ruin Set for dps WP viable?

Post#2 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:37 pm

You would be missing some armor by using the Ruin set
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Tsokushin

Post#3 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:41 pm

Well the question would be if the additional toughness can offset the loss of armor. I'm not too familiar with the current calculations, but the ruin set does have 55 toughness as the 5 piece bonus.

Reesh

Post#4 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:46 pm

It pretty much gives you the most stats dmg wise of all T4 sets, but as said, you're loosing armor and some crit.

Penril

Post#5 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:51 pm

Viable? yes.

Best in slot? no.

Gachimuchi

Post#6 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:53 pm

Basically what Penril said.

I think attempting to hit strength cap is better for DPS WP so 3 merc/2 anni would work best imo.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Tsokushin

Post#7 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:26 pm

Penril wrote:Viable? yes.

Best in slot? no.
Well the what would constitute BiS? I have full merc gear, but for some reason path of wrath abilities hit harder in full ruin set with the same gems, while auto attacks are comparable.
Gachimuchi wrote:Basically what Penril said.

I think attempting to hit strength cap is better for DPS WP so 3 merc/2 anni would work best imo.
Wouldn't this willpower conversion actually help with that? It may not show up on the paper strength # on the character sheet, but the conversions seem to be working properly.

Kravenous

Post#8 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:42 pm

Ruin gear allows you to get more strength than the other sets, but as others have said your armor is way lower with Ruin. If you are running team comps and you have guard/ heals then run ruin to hit super f'n hard. If you're pugging it up or out roaming I'd say stick with Merc/Anni or a combo of the two.

You could always use 3 piece Ruin and 2 piece of Anni/Merc to achieve even higher strength while having a bit of armor.
Raveous - Warrior Priest
Kravenous - White Lion
Karthenax - Shadow Warrior
Numenorean - Knight of the Blazing Sun

Ads
DirkDaring

Post#9 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:07 pm

Looking forward for bloodlord. Set for 3/2 armor set. Rarely do DPS healer, go for more than 3 of one set, as going a 3/2 normally gives better stat boosts, but loose on most + crit set bonus.

You could also add winds impervious jewelry set, for +370 to all resist, +37 imitative with +25 set bonus and ring stats, plus 210 extra armor.

Not sure how accurate this Info is.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... id=6844012