Recent Topics

Ads

[Knight] With recent round of nerfs, is it time to go 2h spec?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Toldavf

Re: [Knight] With recent round of nerfs, is it time to go 2h spec?

Post#31 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:00 am

Morf wrote:
Karast wrote:
But you are squishy. There are a ton of toughness debuffs / wounds debuffs flying around destro side, and unless you gut offensive renown to go for full dodge disrupt your disrupt is very poor. You melt, where a S&B can fall back on htl and block to survive.
Not sure if u mean me directly or in general but just because a tank is using a 2h doesnt mean they are squishy and it actually works quite well because you draw attention away from the squishy players.

Dont get me wrong snb just for htl will help you in situations where you are facing alot of rdps like fighting the zerg in rvr but to assume someone is squishy just because they are using a 2h is wrong ( helps me as i have 2 2h def tanks), there are many a tank with a 2h that are harder to kill then most snb tanks.
This is why i like to give tanks a nibble. You would be surprised how many will take a 1k crit.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Ads
Ninepaces

Post#32 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:15 am

2h is obvious choice for scs. On top of what everyone else has said you also get some block strike through which is nice for getting ccs off.

LordMarshal

Post#33 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:48 am

Eathisword wrote:
Spoiler:
Tankbeardz wrote:
Morf wrote:
Not sure if u mean me directly or in general but just because a tank is using a 2h doesnt mean they are squishy and it actually works quite well because you draw attention away from the squishy players.

Dont get me wrong snb just for htl will help you in situations where you are facing alot of rdps like fighting the zerg in rvr but to assume someone is squishy just because they are using a 2h is wrong ( helps me as i have 2 2h def tanks), there are many a tank with a 2h that are harder to kill then most snb tanks.
This man speaks the truth. It shouldn't take long to find out who is squishy..regardless of SnB.
I have to concur. 2h can get roughly 45-50% parry and 35-40% dodge/disrupt with like 90% uptime if spec properly defensive with epic weapon proc. Add to that big armor, cap resist (specially true for knights) and decent toughness (650-700 ish) and 2h doesn't = squish at all.
I am interested in seeing how to do this if you can break it down for me.

Eathisword

Post#34 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:24 am

LordMarshal wrote:
Eathisword wrote:
Spoiler:
Tankbeardz wrote:
This man speaks the truth. It shouldn't take long to find out who is squishy..regardless of SnB.
I have to concur. 2h can get roughly 45-50% parry and 35-40% dodge/disrupt with like 90% uptime if spec properly defensive with epic weapon proc. Add to that big armor, cap resist (specially true for knights) and decent toughness (650-700 ish) and 2h doesn't = squish at all.
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... =Volgograd
Then use all renown in Parry, dodge/disrupt. Dump whatever's left in toughness.

Unbuffed, I has 39,5% parry, 27% dodge/disrupt. Then add weapon proc. With willpower buff, disrupt can go as high as 53% too on IB.
Spoiler:
Tbh, one could have more parry if he dropped some offense jewel for parry jewel and used full Anni instead of merc/ruin.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Toldavf

Post#35 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:13 am

Eathisword wrote:
LordMarshal wrote:
Eathisword wrote:
Spoiler:
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... =Volgograd
Then use all renown in Parry, dodge/disrupt. Dump whatever's left in toughness.

Unbuffed, I has 39,5% parry, 27% dodge/disrupt. Then add weapon proc. With willpower buff, disrupt can go as high as 53% too on IB.
Spoiler:
Tbh, one could have more parry if he dropped some offense jewel for parry jewel and used full Anni instead of merc/ruin.
An impressive amount of avoidance. I didnt even get that much parry on live XD
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Eathisword

Post#36 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:44 pm

Toldavf wrote: An impressive amount of avoidance. I didnt even get that much parry on live XD
Well... on live you didn't need to. Once you had reach Warlord-Sovereign level, the amount of armor, resist and toughness we had was plenty sufficient to keep us out of trouble and the health pool were deep enough that guard damage was a non-factor. + we had trivial blow.

Here... Mara and WE crit you for 600-900, sorc and magus for 1000-1300 and HP pool is about 5500 after mara debuff... There is not enough defensive stats stacking possible out of SnB. So some avoidance xtra is needed xD
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.