Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Need some serious help soloing

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tropico

[WH] Need some serious help soloing

Post#1 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:22 am

To preface this I never played WH on live in any serious capacity and have only played briefly on RoR before t4 had came out, also I know there is another thread similiar to this one but it is a couple months old. Trying to play solo with some decent entry level gear (3x enervating ring, skaven parry ring, ruin set, epic weapons, str talis) I feel so useless compared to everyone else, and destroyed by most destro classes I encounter.

This is my build so far http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wh; ... 5:;0:0:0:0:
For renown I run resolute defence and melee crit. My torments crit for about 1.1k but don't crit often.

Now most of the time I run the heal debuff bullets and my opener usually is stealth opener > BAL > knockdown > torment > abso. The main problem is all my targets seem completely unkillable or would be much easier to kill on almost any other class.

Shamans and other healers can survive my burst and just knockback/detaunt and ignore/kite me endlessly, sometimes due to latency I don't even get the kd off. I don't even put a reasonable amount of pressure on.

WEs destroy me. I am not sure if it's because of the gear difference or what, usually they can survive my burst if I even catch them first, then just pot and kd me and I will be dead. The only way I see to win is to pop resolute defence as to not get kd and try to race them in dps.

Maras are maras. The only easy targets seem to be Sorc and SH. Ofc you can stick by the front and poke holes in tin cans with torment but it doesn't feel to me like the way WH should be played.

This isn't a whine post or anything. I'm looking for some genuine advice to improve at the class.

Ads
Dabbart

Re: [WH] Need some serious help soloing

Post#2 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:47 am

1. before you break stealth, attack from their rear. And attach your stealth opener to the same Key as your KD so spam that as you exit stealth.

2. Open with your ini debuff bullets, as you say, you need the crits right then. If you are KDing your target right away, an out-going heal debuff is worthless right away. Get some crits in, and drop the debuff as he stands up.

3. Get in the habit of switching bullets as you switch targets, it's a GcD that you need at times, but can be the difference between a kill or a death.

4. My opening rotation with BaL was Pop-kd-abso-seekers blade-torment-bullet switch(if healer)-FE-BaL-spam torment. But I ran with Repel Blasphemy instead of the heal debuff. My main meat was melee toons.

At the end of the day, unless you are BiS and able to spike to the upper levels of the tier, you're not going to drop a healer in that tier on the regular. So, try to pick different targets, or adjust your playstyle a little bit. Playing with EWs is a lot of fun as well. Or you can go full gun-tard with pure absolution with the +25% crit tactic, self heal bullets, and both mechanic tactics. Edit: Torque's build is fun as well. Gives you a little bit to deal with anything that you jump on.

Play around a little bit. If something isn't working, figure out why. Check your combat log and see what kind of mitigation you're facing. Are you hitting a Guarded target? Are they detaunting you? Is it the 2nd healer that is stopping you from getting the kill?
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Tropico

Post#3 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:56 am

Thanks for the posts. I have a buffhead setup displaying guards, detaunts etc so I do not typically waste time hitting those targets. As for multiple healers, yeah, 5 shamans running around with a sorc in the middle of all of them seems pretty hopeless and has happened before.

I'll try changing specs and trying an EW front line build, at least until I get gear to properly burst people.

Dabbart

Post#4 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:00 am

Expect that you wont always be able to get a kill. Sometimes you just need to turn and exit stage left.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Atropik

Post#5 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:35 am

- Run 1-3 mastery as long as you are running solo.
- Bind torment and your most used opener on one button, so you will have 1 free (without animation) torment before KD your target.
- Press 100% disrupt at the same time you press FP, right after opener and before KD.
- Forget about omfg switching bullets - waste of time - better start with switching 4th tactic slot before opening, between Riposte (against melee)/vindication (mages/against healers who will probably try to punt you)/aa-haste (against SHs mostly)
- Use RD,
- Use RD+flee+ap pots
- Work on your rotation, remove Seekers Blade from it, and absolution aswell, they both are strongly situational, anytime your are able to hit, you should use torment or Pistol Whip or Bal, but torment first.
Nicelook | Obey

shaggyboomboom

Post#6 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:57 am

Spec for EW, ive been having for succeses with EW than BaL

terrio99

Post#7 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:33 pm

shaggyboomboom wrote:Spec for EW, ive been having for succeses with EW than BaL
Was just about to say the same thing. In my experience in both group fights and 1v1 fights do not last long enough to get full dmg out of BaL. In 1v1 if I die might see the final BaL proc or fight a tank. EW is easier to land too being ranged and no position requirements.

shaggyboomboom

Post#8 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:40 pm

terrio99 wrote:
shaggyboomboom wrote:Spec for EW, ive been having for succeses with EW than BaL
Was just about to say the same thing. In my experience in both group fights and 1v1 fights do not last long enough to get full dmg out of BaL. In 1v1 if I die might see the final BaL proc or fight a tank. EW is easier to land too being ranged and no position requirements.
+ its a upgraded absolution

Ads
Klesko

Post#9 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:30 pm

Inquisitor's Fury is much better than Fanatical Cleansing at low RR (low crit %), as you stated is the case.

Toldavf

Post#10 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:52 am

Purity is the king of the bullet buffs don't run anything else.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-