Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Need some serious help soloing

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
kryss

Re: [WH] Need some serious help soloing

Post#31 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:02 pm

Nice feedback Faef. I'm toying with tactics swap too, but I hate the idea of mouse-clicking the tactic bar to do so. That is why I was looking for a macro, an add-on or smth that could help me bind different tactic setups to hotkeys. Apparently, Closetgoblin has issues with items with talismans (I tried it, it's true) so it's not an option.

Also, if you solo but do also some SCs or roam in RvR-intense zones, it's easy to find yourself hitting different types of target during the same fight (against duos, for example). In these situations, I find it easier to go with my cookie cutter setup (FA-Flank-BF-Crit, or IF-flank-BF-crit) and switch bullets according to target.

Ads
blaqwar

Post#32 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:15 pm

kryss wrote:Nice feedback Faef. I'm toying with tactics swap too, but I hate the idea of mouse-clicking the tactic bar to do so. That is why I was looking for a macro, an add-on or smth that could help me bind different tactic setups to hotkeys. Apparently, Closetgoblin has issues with items with talismans (I tried it, it's true) so it's not an option.

Also, if you solo but do also some SCs or roam in RvR-intense zones, it's easy to find yourself hitting different types of target during the same fight (against duos, for example). In these situations, I find it easier to go with my cookie cutter setup (FA-Flank-BF-Crit, or IF-flank-BF-crit) and switch bullets according to target.
Have you tried to edit the files of the addon per suggestions in that thread? According to replies there it makes the addon function normally.

kryss

Post#33 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:21 pm

blaqwar wrote:
kryss wrote:Nice feedback Faef. I'm toying with tactics swap too, but I hate the idea of mouse-clicking the tactic bar to do so. That is why I was looking for a macro, an add-on or smth that could help me bind different tactic setups to hotkeys. Apparently, Closetgoblin has issues with items with talismans (I tried it, it's true) so it's not an option.

Have you tried to edit the files of the addon per suggestions in that thread? According to replies there it makes the addon function normally.
Actually, I noticed that u still need to click on the icon to make the swap, so I didn't bother to search for the fix.. I might be wrong though. I'd like a real hotkey, like somthing to bind to my razer naga, or to an easily accessible key on the keyboard.. hate mouseclicking. clickclickclick

Faef

Post#34 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:23 pm

You can keybind this.
Last edited by Faef on Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

blaqwar

Post#35 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:29 pm

I just tested this and it works. Keybinding tactic sets ftw, awesome find.

It is a big buggy in the sense that when you switch from tactic set 1 to 2, clicking the tactic bar and selecting 1 won't change it back (any other set will work tho, just not the one you changed it from). Changing it back to 1 from 2 with a macro however works.

Edit: I'm complete garbage at macros but I wonder if making a single macro into a toggle would work. Something like if tactic set 2 is not active set it to 2. If it is set it to 1.
Last edited by blaqwar on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kryss

Post#36 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:34 pm

Faef wrote:

Ah Kryss, you dont need to click the tactics bar, you can indeed make a macro, found the text online as I remembered you could do it on live:

This is a very good find, I'll try it asap

Thanks a lot

Faef

Post#37 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:47 pm

Oh couple of points i forgot:

1. You can fire rd + feinted and shroud all at the same time (some people dont know that).
2. Aura, i find this so helpful to see what abilities i have up, when im detaunted, disarmed etc. Have these all around your char so you dont need to take your eyes off the fight.
3. Enlarge the mechanic meter and have that near your char, same with tactics meter.

You can grab my aura folder here https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcs2ps6z7wc8h2t/Aura.7z?dl=0

Incidentally the effect text for disarmed is not right at teh moment, so you will need to update that.

sinadin

Post#38 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:36 pm

is it possible to toggle it? so that it switch to tacticset 2 and back to 1 if button pushed again?

Ads
Blasio

Post#39 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:32 pm

Dabbart wrote:1. ... And attach your stealth opener to the same Key as your KD so spam that as you exit stealth...
Maybe a noob question but may I ask how to do that? With addon or macro?

Thanks!

blaqwar

Post#40 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:55 pm

What he means is that simply have your KD on the same hotkey as the stealth opener (on two different action bars). Mine for example is Sudden Accusations bound to 2 when stealthed, when I use it the game unstealths me and switches action bars to the normal ones where I'd have 2 bound to the KD. I don't have to wait for the action bar swap and can just mash 2 for the KD to come out immediately after the opener.