Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Need some serious help soloing

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tropico

Re: [WH] Need some serious help soloing

Post#11 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:44 am

Toldavf wrote:Purity is the king of the bullet buffs don't run anything else.
How much extra crit is the 60 init debuff?

Ads
Toldavf

Post#12 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:50 am

Depends on target but last time i checked 80 ini lost on my mara buffed the chance to be crit by 20%
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Eathisword

Post#13 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:08 am

Atropik wrote:- Run 1-3 mastery as long as you are running solo.
- Bind torment and your most used opener on one button, so you will have 1 free (without animation) torment before KD your target.
- Press 100% disrupt at the same time you press FP, right after opener and before KD.
- Forget about omfg switching bullets - waste of time - better start with switching 4th tactic slot before opening, between Riposte (against melee)/vindication (mages/against healers who will probably try to punt you)/aa-haste (against SHs mostly)
- Use RD,
- Use RD+flee+ap pots
- Work on your rotation, remove Seekers Blade from it, and absolution aswell, they both are strongly situational, anytime your are able to hit, you should use torment or Pistol Whip or Bal, but torment first.
I don't know much about WH but i'd listen to this guy right here. He's the most annoying WE to play against on all the server. Changing tactic bar when you can before a fight is important on all classes solo and not many people talk about it, this you should work on talking advantage as WH/WE can do it in more fights.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

kryss

Post#14 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:26 am

I always run solo and this is my preferred spec, with the most DPS you can pump out of your WH:
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wh; ... 5:;0:0:0:0:

You can switch between IF and FA if you prefer, but Flowing allows some useful tricks against mdps (you can move away after your opening rotation and fire off a couple of absolutions while they try to catch up - screws WEs completely while SoD+BAL eat them away). If you are well equipped, the DPS of this spec is enough to kill casters during the first rotation, no need for vindication or 100% disrupt.

Always catch up kiting people with flee+ap pot, don't let them dps you while you are trying to snapshot them (unless you are in a comfy situation, with other people joining the fight).

Seeker's blade: i use it in long fights against tanks.

Bullets: Given my spec and playstyle (with some abso spam) I usually run HD ones (more dmg), but I tried switching to ini before attacking tanks. I am interested in knowing the real %crit rate you can get, hope somebody did some math and tests

Aurandilaz

Post#15 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:15 pm

Exit Wound is too nice not to be used. Pistol Whip feels like a must to me.

If you ever reach "Excommunicate!" M4, it is brutal. Remember back on live when WH popping M4 would mean the fatal end to opposition target that simply stood there, or despite kiting, would just end up dying due to no healing coming.

spikespiegel84

Post#16 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:21 pm

Not actually able to tell you the best WH spec, but running a WE, my life changer was using 10 Renown points on resolute defenses. No more snare or stagger, the target will die. If you are a control freak, cleansing wind will greatly help not dying from dots. And potions, lots of them.

shaggyboomboom

Post#17 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:05 pm

this is my spec - 20 rr in CW, 10 in RD, rest in crit and d/d

been thinking on switching the AA haste tactic for flowing accusations.

Spacecraft

Post#18 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:34 pm

Found that using FA with abso spam if they move out of melee range melts faces.

Also self punt absolution spam makes you look pro.
If they die.

Ads
kryss

Post#19 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:07 pm

Atropik wrote:- Run 1-3 mastery as long as you are running solo.
Work on your rotation, remove Seekers Blade from it, and absolution aswell, they both are strongly situational, anytime your are able to hit, you should use torment or Pistol Whip or Bal, but torment first.
This is bad advice, especially if this guy is really playing WE. PW, yeah, BAL yeah, ofc Torment is necessary especially in long fights, but abso spam with Flowing accusation is extremely effective and provides a lot of DPS given the bullet added dmg. Use it.

Atropik

Post#20 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:18 am

Eathisword wrote:He's the most annoying WE to play against on all the server.
Tysm) Kind words from the worst enemies are the most prescious. ;)
kryss wrote: This is bad advice, especially if this guy is really playing WE. PW, yeah, BAL yeah, ofc Torment is necessary especially in long fights, but abso spam with Flowing accusation is extremely effective and provides a lot of DPS given the bullet added dmg. Use it.
Well, if you say so. :)
Nicelook | Obey