Recent Topics

Ads

[bright wizard] - possible to solo?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dabbart

Re: [bright wizard] - possible to solo?

Post#11 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:53 pm

Yea you can. I know a bunch that do. Jay cubs advice is the best. Follow a group and KS/assist. Be prepared to die a lot. You won't get many solo ganks, but you'll get plenty of RP.

Ofc, the best thing to do is to make a buddy and get a duo team with a healer. AM makes a great duo team. Have them to full life tap and and grab the heal debuff. You'll be surprised how well it works. Or any healer really. Just poke around and say hi.

Gl out there
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
Jaycub

Post#12 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:41 pm

Sulorie wrote:
Jaycub wrote:Double pots / heal over time, cleansing winds. RD, super optimized gear for soloing, and you can solo on BW to some effect.
Now imagine your enemy uses it as well and not like all those victims in the video. :lol:

Bad players can be solo'ed on any class. :)
Which I why I wish they would just remove them from the game, the amount of players not using them is staggering if everyone "caught on" to them they would of been removed years ago. It's only the "best" players using them right now and gaining a huge advantage. One of the major reasons RDPS is just pure cancer in PUG type situations right now (Giving classes that are supposed to be at a disadvantage in melee range 2 get out of jail free cards on top of pots, and even further with DoK m2 cleanses etc.. is just cheese)

Not to mention these abilities overcome built in disadvantages to classes which messes with balance. And balancing around DoT heavy classes while tip toeing around your regular pug situations and your hardcore everyone using CW situations is virtually impossible.
Spoiler:
There is a good bit of butt hurt in this post and im sorry 4 that
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

TenTonHammer

Post#13 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:12 am

Every class in this game can solo, sure some are better at it than others but in in the end its all a matter of picking your battles and fighting on your terms

Eathisword

Post#14 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:20 am

Sulorie wrote:
Jaycub wrote:Double pots / heal over time, cleansing winds. RD, super optimized gear for soloing, and you can solo on BW to some effect.
Now imagine your enemy uses it as well and not like all those victims in the video. :lol:

Bad players can be solo'ed on any class. :)
Solo play would not exist if skill/knowledge gap didn't exist. Group play would also not exist. Heck, the very fact that PvP mmo can exist is based on the premise that you can become better than your opponents on some levels (gear, skills, knowledge or generally a combination of all those things). So, obviously, in solo video, the protagonist is fighting ''bads''.

It always make me chuckle when people see a video and take it as a statement : ''look look, I can beat anyone 4v1, I am the best !'' When all in all, its more like sharing some WTF/cool moments that happened for others to enjoy too.

Bad and good are very strange terms. We're always the bad of someone. Only the bestest is never ''bad'' and I vote for Teefz.

TL/DR : of course BW can solo. I've seen Simtex beat the crap out of people solo.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Arkedge

Post#15 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:44 pm

phoramix87 wrote:Hey I was an active player on live and I really always wanted to try the bw, now I can thanks to RoR :)
I'm asking you, is it possible to play alone as bw in endgame t4 on this server?

I mean something like this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dThf9ONIVUY&t=473s

And any guide/build tips will be rly appreciated :roll:
Hey hey, the video you linked was made 5.5 years ago now and ofc the meta is always changing. If you watched the whole video then I apologise for the poor resolution and the over-done blur effects, my old PC was absolute garbage - this was the reason I didnt record any group roaming during Live server prime, because my PC could only handle the solo stuff until I eventually upgraded :D

Anyway as pointless as some of those show-off kills are, they were all mostly recorded before Trivial Blows became hardcore meta towards the final years of the game, and since its thankfully still bugged on RoR then its entirely possible to achieve quick guerilla style solo kills like these ones if you are lucky to find players who dont have so many cleansing tools. I've only been playing for 1 week but from what I see its the roaming population which is the main problem, because for this style to work then you need to really pick your fights carefully and hope for no adds, otherwise the combustion hurts too much. Live servers werent always so densely populated and finding solo players felt a lot easier...

I dont recommend to try it since BW is always most effective with group support, but if you want to try then my best advice is to remember that Meltdown is a really important friend when you are alone. You need to frequently dump your self-harm and do some undefendable damage if you want to survive anything which is more than 1v1 (really good vs tanks and 100% disrupt WE etc). Burnout is also really nice for reducing combustion if you cannot stop to cast Meltdown, even if you dont need the AP you can still cast it just to reduce the chance of backlash when reapplying things like ignite, slow boil etc. I'd even consider dumping a few scorched earth if you have to, just to manage combustion. Above all though, kiting manouvres and positioning is the most important thing... RoR playerbase seems generally better all -round at playing this game, so when fighting anyone that knows what theyre doing, you need to think more than just trading dps numbers like the average dps class. Play smart and adapt to your situation - its never impossible to achieve success in solo roaming with a few tweaks towards the current game meta - just enjoy what you're doing and good luck ;)
Live: Arkedge SM | Melting Faces BW | Karak-Azgal -> Karak-Norn | Guild Leader: Titans
RoR: Melting Faces BW

blaqwar

Post#16 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:54 pm

Sorry for the comments about the blur, it feels like a lot of the time people who showcase some good in-game decision making make bad decisions when editing a video and use a lot of effects for effects sake. I guess we were all young and foolish once (though the former goes away but the latter tends to stay).

But now that you're playing again perhaps you can make a new, better video and show us how it's done. I for one would love to be inspired to do some foolish BW roaming. ;)

Arkedge

Post#17 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:35 pm

blaqwar wrote:Sorry for the comments about the blur, it feels like a lot of the time people who showcase some good in-game decision making make bad decisions when editing a video and use a lot of effects for effects sake. I guess we were all young and foolish once (though the former goes away but the latter tends to stay).

But now that you're playing again perhaps you can make a new, better video and show us how it's done. I for one would love to be inspired to do some foolish BW roaming. ;)
Haha dont worry no offence taken, personally I always cringe at any of my YouTube content as the years go on. When it comes to the effects, its a case of looking great on my old 14" 720p monitor at the time of making, and realising myself just how horribly it scaled up with technology as I gradually upgraded. I'll admit the video itself didnt age particularly well, I was just throwing out comparisons and similarities between the two different meta's, which probably arent far off considering I was wearing inferior gear to a fair few players in that video... especially the servers best rr100 WE at the end there. Its the massive zergs and general mindset of the playerbase which is the major game changer when it comes to modern solo roaming by the looks of it :lol:
Live: Arkedge SM | Melting Faces BW | Karak-Azgal -> Karak-Norn | Guild Leader: Titans
RoR: Melting Faces BW

Afterlife92

Post#18 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Check out my guildies Korze solo video. He's one of the best bw/sorc on this server.
Bakir

Welch - DoK / Welchz - WP
Paperboy - RP (R.I.P) / Meekz - Zealot
Welchs - AM / Littlez - Shaman
Kriksos - Mara / Skengman - Engi

Ads