Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] Full Confession - Worth?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aurandilaz

Re: [WH] Full Confession - Worth?

Post#11 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:26 pm

I don't get BAL, it takes over 9 seconds, and you probably want the target to die before that, IMO.
EW far better, it debuffs toughness somewhat, allowing the final AA to hit even slightly harder, especially when combined with the SoD that allows also better AA.

Ads
kryss

Post#12 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:43 pm

Aurandilaz wrote:I don't get BAL, it takes over 9 seconds, and you probably want the target to die before that, IMO.
EW far better, it debuffs toughness somewhat, allowing the final AA to hit even slightly harder, especially when combined with the SoD that allows also better AA.
BaL on SoD is, and always will be, more dmg than EW on SoD. Most of the times, your fight is not over after the first EW, you need some seconds (even more against competent enemies and tanks or mdps). BaL can overdmg EW on the first tick sometimes, so one more tick and you're pretty sure you did a lot more than a single EW. A heavy Dot pressure is invaluable, besides the thoughness debuff is overrated.

Aurandilaz

Post#13 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:55 pm

kryss wrote:
Aurandilaz wrote:I don't get BAL, it takes over 9 seconds, and you probably want the target to die before that, IMO.
BaL on SoD is, and always will be, more dmg than EW on SoD. Most of the times, your fight is not over after the first EW, you need some seconds (even more against competent enemies and tanks or mdps). BaL can overdmg EW on the first tick sometimes, so one more tick and you're pretty sure you did a lot more than a single EW. A heavy Dot pressure is invaluable, besides the thoughness debuff is overrated.
Ah, but I prefer picking on incompetent enemies. :lol:
Avoid tanks, focus clothies. BAL makes sense versus tanks, less against healers who might cleanse it. And since I like bullying healers, I'd say EW as finisher that reduces their toughness to minimal levels is very nice. EW also requires no positioning.

Jaycub

Post#14 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:06 pm

Panzerkasper wrote:The Confession tree is like the Suffering tree of the WE: pretty bad
Actually even worse...

waronlinebuilder.org - Witch Hunter build This is the only build that really makes sense.
50% AA haste is much better than flanking/brute force
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Panzerkasper

Post#15 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:29 pm

Jaycub wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote:The Confession tree is like the Suffering tree of the WE: pretty bad
Actually even worse...

waronlinebuilder.org - Witch Hunter build This is the only build that really makes sense.
50% AA haste is much better than flanking/brute force
Yes, AAs are so great without proper numbers of strength/WS, that surely two tactics that increase your overall damage are worse then a tactic that increases your aa hitrate. :roll:

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

TenTonHammer

Post#16 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:09 pm

Panzerkasper wrote: Yes, AAs are so great without proper numbers of strength/WS, that surely two tactics that increase your overall damage are worse then a tactic that increases your aa hitrate. :roll:
down the line espically with better armor sets it will be very easy to have high WS and soft cap str

Panzerkasper

Post#17 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:43 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
Panzerkasper wrote: Yes, AAs are so great without proper numbers of strength/WS, that surely two tactics that increase your overall damage are worse then a tactic that increases your aa hitrate. :roll:
down the line espically with better armor sets it will be very easy to have high WS and soft cap str
In the future it will be, yes. Not now....
Even then it may only beat BF, but not flanking.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Krima

Post#18 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:51 pm

once we get better gear and more M/Power = EW > BAL
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#19 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:11 pm

Panzerkasper wrote: Even then it may only beat BF, but not flanking.
50% crit, AA, flowing accusitons, and flanking wasnt that the standard WH set late game?

TenTonHammer

Post#20 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:13 pm

he problem with BaL in my book is that it relies on crits to get the job done, choppas 100% crit debuff counteracts its effectiveness