Recent Topics

Ads

[Warrior Priest] Path of Grace

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Merrillian

Re: [Warrior Priest] Path of Grace

Post#11 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:43 am

So I finally hit R40.

Feeling underwhelmed with Grace, but through together some...
*Napkin Math*

Assuming R40 RR40
Using Damage Calculation for Divine Strike as base attack because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[*]attack damage (Str-enemytough/10)*2*1.5 + Wdps*150% + 155

Incoming Weights
  • Melee Physical = .50
  • Ranged Physical = .33
  • Magic = 50% / 3 = .17

Note: 2handed weapons reduce block by 10%
Initiative is a sliding scale and will need to be evaluated every ~75pts
Spoiler:
weapon skill = .038255 ws per parry .07145% armor pen per ws - does not impact divine assault
strength = .3 ability dmg per str (-).038255 parry per str
armor = 0.022725 % physical reduction per armor
toughness = (-).3 ability dmg per toughness
Initiative = (-).0995% chance to be crit per initiative (-).038255 dodge per init
willpower = (-).038255 disrupt per willpower
wounds = 10 health per wnd / max health * 100
resistance = 0.0596630232447139% resist per resistance

Ads
Scottx125

Post#12 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:22 am

So from this toughness is better than armor? And strength is better than weapon skill?
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Merrillian

Post#13 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:12 am

The above coefficients are the easy side of the equation, and should provide results as advertised below rr40.
Read below on why stacking armor is better than toughness, but understand that if you are simply comparing two pieces of armor and not min/maxing a specific build the above is good enough for me.
Scottx125 wrote:So from this toughness is better than armor?

It depends on who is hitting you. Also note that there is more armor per stat than toughness.
For example the r32 Toughness Talisman has 23Toughness. The r32 Armor Talisman has 164Armor.
https://returnofreckoning.com/forum/vie ... =8&t=10164
Scottx125 wrote:And strength is better than weapon skill?
It depends on who you are hitting.
viewtopic.php?t=16655

Edit: I wanted to also mention that WeaponSkill does not impact Divine Assault.

DirkDaring

Post#14 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:56 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:I personally use a hybrid playstyle and it is the highest heal output you gonna get when playing a WP/DoK. My heals are around 65% casting, 20% melee and 15% procs.
Its by far the moast fun healing playstyle of the classes, but in general its easier to just play it safe and backline heal. Im sure they are working on a fix for this tho. Im fairly new to the playstyle myself but I get decent ressault out of it and it has revitilazed my joy of playing the class.

Even tho it's playstyle has more to do with possitioning in midrange or frontline then backline rather then spec, here is the spec im running for WP.

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wp; ... :4159:4169:

Renown: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#renown;000 ... 4000000000

Full deftard talismans and jewlery.
Yup you are running the exact same build i am . ran it on live a lot too very fun. the only thing i have different, is instead of the disrupt tactic, i swap in either divine fury, or Fanactism mostly Fanactism , one or the other, and with defended attack, it still procs exalted def so the neg 20 healing is negated .

roadkillrobin

Post#15 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:17 am

I'm in general not a fan of those tactics as it's more of a healing spec then a melee healing one. I'm using SR moastly as a filler heal between quick burst rotations to keep the healing consistant aswell as keeping my RF high up for when i need to burst heal. I sometimes swap out the Sheild of Faith for Emperor's Ward in scenarios if the oposition have very few casters.

Beakerz

Post#16 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:35 pm

Tried my hand at Grace healing today, and thought it was very strong, though I had guard and backup heals the whole way.

Ended the SC with like 90k dmg and 190k healing. R36/RR30.

What kinda numbers should you be aiming for? Haven't played in a long while and usually, when trying Grace or Wrath, I just get melee trained down before I can do anything.

peterthepan3

Post#17 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:03 pm

Those are very good numbers. A melee healing DOK may end up getting same/slightly less damage, but more healing, due to Devour Essence being god-tier.

More healing with a decent amount of damage is an indicator of playing a Grace WP correctly. A Sacrifice DOK will usually have a more equal number/less of a disparity.

Kordie

Post#18 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:48 am

So tactics wise Ive been running DF, Grace OS, IR and Greave OS. Greave being a bit of a holdover from T3. Going to try swapping it for Fanaticism. Am i missing anything?

Ads
ImperialFist

Post#19 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:55 pm

I'm kinda struggling to understand what my role exactly is as a 2h Grace WP, I try to stay in melee to buff/heal and deal the slightest bit of damage, but i do very little and get bursted and murdered instantly, and if I ever back away from the fighting i am useless, what am I doing wrong?

anarchypark

Post#20 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:23 am

ImperialFist wrote:I'm kinda struggling to understand what my role exactly is as a 2h Grace WP, I try to stay in melee to buff/heal and deal the slightest bit of damage, but i do very little and get bursted and murdered instantly, and if I ever back away from the fighting i am useless, what am I doing wrong?
I think grace WP is similar with tank, absorbing dmg for others.
not because you're good at it/want it, it's because you are aggro magnet.
wherever you go, mdps rdps try to kill you first.
it's like tank with low tough and armor, covering it with heals.
focus fire is something you can't deal alone.

here is my strategy.
1. get aggro
2. pull them back. kite. make them overextend. Sigmar's Shield is must for this.
3. survive and heal.

sometimes second line is better position but
often order don't even have front line, your position became front.
it's hard class to play.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)