Recent Topics

Ads

2handed Knight build request

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
xanderous

2handed Knight build request

Post#1 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:21 pm

I have searched the forums but all the information seems to be a little out of date, any one recommend a good 2handed build for knight?

I was interested in doing a glory build but people said that it was not good anymore.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Ads
hellari

Re: 2handed Knight build request

Post#2 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:34 pm

this is the build I used on live with some tweaks, and still use here on ror. works very well for me and my group.

http://www.ror.builders/career/knight-o ... ,3094,3080

blaqwar

Post#3 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:45 pm

This topic provided some good info and still seems relevant (if you scroll down there are 2-handed builds discussed):
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=18666

Morf

Post#4 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:14 pm

I wouldnt run a glory build, the good stuff is in the other 2 mastery paths.

http://www.ror.builders/career/knight-o ... ,3094,3092

This is what i would run with the option of switching out slice through for biting blade if you want a little more damage and not to concerned about keeping everything perma snared.

Also if u chose to take vigilance always use shield of the sun first so that vigilance isnt shattered straight away.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

xanderous

Post#5 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:43 pm

Morf wrote:I wouldnt run a glory build, the good stuff is in the other 2 mastery paths.

http://www.ror.builders/career/knight-o ... ,3094,3092

This is what i would run with the option of switching out slice through for biting blade if you want a little more damage and not to concerned about keeping everything perma snared.

Also if u chose to take vigilance always use shield of the sun first so that vigilance isnt shattered straight away.
Hey thanks for your suggestion, i was wondering seeing as glory seems to be not favourable, should i still keep blazing blade in my rotation and what auras do you think work best?
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:52 pm

The dot stack abilities are terrible on just about every melee class that has them IIRC, unless using it to mask other debuffs. Since youre a kniggit and your debuffs be permanent, its worthless.

General aura usage is Str/tough/resists. Str and resists are most important because 1: crits are good, and 2: **** magic.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

xanderous

Post#7 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:56 pm

GodlessCrom wrote:The dot stack abilities are terrible on just about every melee class that has them IIRC, unless using it to mask other debuffs. Since youre a kniggit and your debuffs be permanent, its worthless.

General aura usage is Str/tough/resists. Str and resists are most important because 1: crits are good, and 2: **** magic.
If that is true then running around in t1 scenarios, blazing blade was god but i know that's nothing to go by, so should i just abandon all melee dots then, is that what you are suggesting? :/

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#8 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:02 pm

At low levels you can use it since yoy have very few abilities anyways so its much more helpful. At r40 its unlikely you will use it, but possible. Not all melee dots suck, but the stacking ones (blazing blade, rend, and the WH one) are pretty bad since they require three gcds to use properly, and its not like theyre doing much dmg anyways.

Ironbreaker, f'rex, does a lot of its dmg via short duration, high dmg (ish) dots.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

Ads
xanderous

Post#9 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:06 pm

I see, i never knew this before, so the game has gone in more burst damage direction then it would appear.

I am only a level 10 knight, what path should i start on first?

Eathisword

Post#10 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:14 pm

xanderous wrote:I see, i never knew this before, so the game has gone in more burst damage direction then it would appear.

I am only a level 10 knight, what path should i start on first?
Start to get Smashing counter and vigilance imo as they will help the most to level as On your Guard will get stronger from mastery points and kill bos faster :p +KD is invaluable.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.