Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Melee Build

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
peterthepan3

Re: [WP] Melee Build

Post#11 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:55 pm

smart choice. the only semblance of burst a wrath wp has atm is to have a hammer and aa crit hit at the same time, after that its meh.

Ads
Merrillian

Post#12 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:00 pm

Peterthepan3,
Would you have any recommendations for what gear to aim for?
I was going to skip the Dominator set and get the weapon first, since Dom gives up a lot of str for weapon skill.

I'm in the full Merc set with Dominator Belt, T4 epic quest weapon (Virtue) and the Genesis/Assailant jewelry.
Slotting all Str talis I can barely break 700 str. I reset my renown talents to melee crit and strength, instead of disrupt/parry and that helped.
But I feel I still feel I'm lacking on strength.

peterthepan3

Post#13 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:49 pm

You want at least 3 piece dominator for the wounds alone: as a Wrath WP, you'll find yourself with pretty piss-poor wounds, so you need to alleviate that somewhat first.

3 piece dominator, 2 piece mercenary (get 3 piece if you're feeling a bit squishy), and then aim for Helm of the Fist (good str/ws/crit). Get the scenario weapon (I'm just using the rr39 atm I think, marginally worse than the dominator one - I'd prioritize getting dominator gear first).

You want strength jewels, at least one +2 morale str jewel (try a boundless/whisp jewel). I was using 3 piece BL for WS, but tested it and the str is better to have.

Note: I am always grouped with someone providing an armor debuff.

I get 2/3 points in futile strikes (you need to reduce your chance to be crit), and then dump the rest of the points into strength and parry.

With good strength talis, dominator + mercenary + rvr gear/scenario weapons + Grace strength buff for 90+, you should easily get 850str+.

peterthepan3

Post#14 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:51 pm

Also thought I'd mention that I've been testing PoR more with a SM in my group. It can hit for 400-450+ on a fully debuffed target, and I am using it when paired with a WL to help the burst.

In such a setup, i.e. one intended to burst down targets (as a WP and WL is), I would take this tactic over Guilty Soul.

Kordie

Post#15 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:02 am

I've been playing grace through L26 and I'm starting to question what I'm doing. The PVP is intermittent but being kited and ap drained with no cc is starting to hurt. Is getting to 30 going to help ability wise?

tionblack

Post#16 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:52 am

Kordie wrote:I've been playing grace through L26 and I'm starting to question what I'm doing. The PVP is intermittent but being kited and ap drained with no cc is starting to hurt. Is getting to 30 going to help ability wise?

Welcome to WP life :) Try not to engage squigs alone.

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

Stmichael1989

Post#17 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:27 pm

At least as far as scenarios go, I've been having some pretty noticeable improvements melee healing with the added parry strikethrough.

This is also going to sound like heresy, but I've been foregoing AoE detaunt in favor of hastened divinity. At first it was accidental, me just not switching over from solo grinding tactics when I get a scenario pop, but I noticed I did both better damage *and* healing with hastened divinity over intimidating repent.

I'm not suggesting that there's any hidden effect on HD, merely that there's some coincidental benefits to melee healing output from running HD. As best I can tell, the extra AA damage helps with stripping away absorb shields (which kill melee healing) as well as help force destro to play a bit more defensively. Without HD, your damage is fairly low (at least for a grace spec WP) and they can go full tilt focusing you down. With it though, I chew up unguarded targets pretty quickly if they don't detaunt and run. A living melee WP heals a lot more than a dead one.

For a little while I was considering the Imperator set, but in addition to me not having the emblems to buy them, I think they would detract too much from base stats and armor bonuses from dominator and mercenary. 2 seconds off the cooldown of DA may sometimes be clutch, but I don't think it'll make that much of a difference.
StMichael - 40 Warrior Priest
Elhim - 40 Shadow Warrior
Cullexus - 40 Witch Hunter
Teuton Codpiece - 40 Knight
Gritkicker - 40 Slayer

Beakerz

Post#18 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:45 pm

Best bet with squiggies is to detaunt the player and DA their squigs, when you can.

If you're fighting a good one, they'll re-summon the squigs when they can before you can heal up on them, but you can usually catch the player, given enough time.

Ads
Kordie

Post#19 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:25 am

Taking another look at the WP. So rr wise the above strategy of FS, then strength/parry is the recommended one? I'll give it a go but that means no points in disrupt/dodge which seems like it might hurt.

freshour
Banned

Post#20 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:35 pm

Kordie wrote:Taking another look at the WP. So rr wise the above strategy of FS, then strength/parry is the recommended one? I'll give it a go but that means no points in disrupt/dodge which seems like it might hurt.
I can speak for the DoK and we have basically identical gear. I run 3 piece dom (make sure to use helm it has a lotta str on it), 3 piece merc, I use 2 piece genesis (not mandatory, one is that dodge/disrupt so meh'ish), rat ring with a +21 str tali in it for 3% parry, and then I'll use that 27 str 16 ws (i think) RVR jewelry, sometimes swap in that 24 str 1% parry (green bag rvr), or the str/ini/wounds (green rvr bag).

with 825 and 100 str pots I'm now around 4k armor and 850 str. It has taken a lot of trial and error for this crap but I put 2 rr in CW, 3 in dodge/disrupt, 2 in crit, can't remember the rest, for order you don't really need the crit as much with a knight, so you can put them in FS if you want, but I highly recommend using RR for things other than STR as the stat return is pretty doo doo for points used. But that is just my DoK opinion (my WP is 40 :P in merc gear hehe). Anyway, find what you like!!! I spent hours in the RR pyramid q'ing SC's trying different things.

Edit: For melee healing, I highly recommend torment and strife, 2% parry strikethrough is actually VERY amazing when fighting medium armor targets with high parry chance, noticed some sizable returns from that stat.