Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Melee Build

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Leecifer

Re: [WP] Melee Build

Post#51 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:39 pm

Made the transition to Wrath last night, and find that I actually stay alive longer, which can lead to better healing. I do miss the Wounds buff that Grace provides ( it also gave me a backline heal, so i didnt feel totally useless). Been running Aoe detaunt + DJ/GS. I wish we had more options on tactics but Fanaticism + DF are mandatory. Do you guys use HD over the aoe detaunt if you are not being targeted?

Been varying my Prayer based on who is in my party/SC, what do you guys usually choose?
Prayer of Devotion or Prayer of Righteousness (<-- always using this with DJ).

Thank you, btw, to everyone helping out in this post.
Montague
Rickless - WP
Fridge - IB
Clokwerk - ENGI
Katie - Shaman

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#52 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:04 pm

Prayer of Righteousness should always be used if you're spec'd deeply into Wrath - even moreso if you're using the tactic (which, imo, you should for max DPS/if grouped).

I find it impossible to slot the aoe detaunt as Wrath, you lose something too valuable. As grace/melee healer? Sure.

Prayer of Devotion if you happen to have another WP in the group using PoR tactic (so a heal WP spec'd for wrath prayer tactic). Otherwise, you should always use it for max DPS. Devotion deals no damage.

Also: I would strongly suggest that you use the 50% AA Haste tactic. That, alongside DF and Fana, is also mandatory.

Leecifer

Post#53 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:08 pm

Is it worth going up to and/or slotting Avatar of Sigmar (moral 4) in the wrath tree to improve the abilities? Or is it better to dump 3 more points into grace?

this is at rank 40 rr 40+
Montague
Rickless - WP
Fridge - IB
Clokwerk - ENGI
Katie - Shaman

peterthepan3

Post#54 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:01 pm

Ignore the M4s as you will never use them. You will be very reliant on M2 Focused Mind as a DPS WP to help you get around/charge people, occasionally M1/M3 to help group members.

At rr40, however, I'd put the remainder of your points into Grace. At rr50/rr60, you want to get Sigmar's Shield (even moreso than the parry) as it will increase your survivability exponentially.

Leecifer

Post#55 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:20 pm

Ill try the Sigmar's Shield tonight, I have full Merc so with the bonus +1 to grace ill be able to trade Sigmar's vision for the shield.
Montague
Rickless - WP
Fridge - IB
Clokwerk - ENGI
Katie - Shaman

Draugris

Post#56 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:39 pm

Sorry for resurrecting this older thread. I want to play a grace based melee healer. I would need some advice on what talismans to use. Is full armor talismans recommended in this build ?
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Charon

Post#57 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:51 pm

First of all - find friendly tank to guard your arse. Forget...... i repeat forget about plaing 2h WP alone in pug environment as melee healer.

Before CW/RD changes it was posible to create independent hybride salvation/greace build with full 3xCW, which covered many loophole melee wp has, and high armor + mixed st/will stats. But now its not on the table any more. So only pocket guard may help you survive focus fire from destro melee train - repent is not enought.

btw
For me 2h grace wp always fill archetype of healer/tank (+endles guilt) not dps, so armor was priority. But currently armor talis are more expensive than gold.... so you might have problem to stack armor high enought. Stacking str or weapon skill is possible but you will need additional protection and tank support to sustain your healtbar

Those days only 1 good melee healer is active - Seraja (if i remember corectly). I guard him if posible and he is quite efective. Try to pm him and ask about setup
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

Draugris

Post#58 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:09 am

Well that does not sound promising tbh. Thanks for the info, i will try to get in touch with him.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Ads
Charon

Post#59 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:14 pm

No, future is not bright.
Devs seems to not treat melee heal wp or dok revamp as priority. They refuse to start balance changes with current tools and claim that new patcher is required which may take ages. Lack of new gear for 2h and repent tc changes (book wp again may drive into unkilable mode.... hooray!) only prove that 2h heal or dps is not way to go. Especialy discouraging is that after ab.mode exists stupid common conviction that grace tree is completly fine even over performing..........yehhhh right and only wrath has a issue.

This attitude somehow expres also situation in comunity. After ab.mode fail there is no many ppl who realy care about melee wp. Even DoK, which always was in better state, has larger fan-boys base. What is more, there is large group of smartarses who claim that wp is totaly fine becouse 1 or 2 pro-players create whole party composition around theirs wp and score some numbers. So no mate, dont expect positive changes.

Currently, melee heal dont have acces to proper/good endgame gear (dominator is medicore, beastlord usless outside aditional 3 parts) and CW changes hits him much harder than other balanced classes. So if you are soloer forget about 2h wp roll book or better tank you will be always warmly welcome in every pug party or warband.
Last edited by Charon on Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

peterthepan3

Post#60 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:40 pm

it isn't totally fine, but it can work against mediocre players/groups which is, thankfully, the norm.

it needs a bit more damage, it needs better gear customisation, maybe some gap closer at the cost of reduced lifetaps/increased divine assault CD. (Wrath)