Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Melee Build

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
peterthepan3

Re: [WP] Melee Build

Post#21 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:21 pm

if you're on the WP, just ensure you use a 4.2 weapon and get them dominator shoulders/AA jewels/AA Tactic.

Ads
Beakerz

Post#22 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:11 am

Why a 4.2 weapon instead of, say, a 3.4? Does it stack better with the AA increases? Heavier burst?

Also, by AA jewels, do you mean the Oathstones? Trying to get my gear sorted, heh.

peterthepan3

Post#23 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:26 am

Oathstones, yes. It's all about trying to get your AAs hitting with the GCD, coinciding with your abilities = more burst!!!

Kordie

Post#24 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:56 pm

Just hit 31. Should I Switch to healbot till I get t4 dps gear?

Mystry
Suspended

Post#25 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:21 pm

Kordie wrote:Just hit 31. Should I Switch to healbot till I get t4 dps gear?
Don't succumb to the pressure to healbot.

peterthepan3

Post#26 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:09 pm

You'll struggle to make any impact in a melee build before you get Mercenary, unless you are with a good team that can carry you and help boost you. In that case, just ensure you have heal debuff and improved PoR tactic so that you're providing at least two valuable things to your group.

Kordie

Post#27 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:15 am

Had a look at the T4 Epic weapons and the 2H with the armor debuff looks like the best option.

I did healbot my Dok 9 months ago and tbh I got bitched at alot if someone died. People dont check if your the only healer or if a good assist train is going. I also noticed hardly anyone peeling compared to live.

Specialpatrol

Post#28 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:19 am

peterthepan3 wrote:Oathstones, yes. It's all about trying to get your AAs hitting with the GCD, coinciding with your abilities = more burst!!!
You don't find the stat drop too severe, when using Oathstones on WP?

I can't quite figure out, if a +15% AA-haste justifies a loss of approx 50 str, possibly some wounds and some parry.
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

Ads
Leecifer

Post#29 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:57 pm

I have switched to healbot in t4 to get renown and be overall useful. I almost have full ruin and can grab a couple pieces from the SC set at RR 36 so I think i am finally ready to move back to a Melee WP.

What mastery /tactics build would u suggest for either Melee Healer or DPS?
Montague
Rickless - WP
Fridge - IB
Clokwerk - ENGI
Katie - Shaman

freshour
Banned

Post#30 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:13 pm

For what its worth, I have like 2 pc duelist, the rest merc gear and the epic weapon with crit on it on my melee WP and I actually enjoy playing it as a melee healer and not a DPS.

It is mainly the reason I went DoK 10 months ago, because the DoK had a much bigger array of options and more functional DPS. But I still stand by the fact that if your goal is melee healing. you can churn out a TON of heals as a melee WP.

With my crap gear, I was only averaging (in 5-10 SC's) about 30-50k damage which is about half of my average on my DoK, but heals were between 175-250k which my dok generally heals for around the same amount of damage dealt. To me that is the most fun way to play the melee version - as a healer, but as a DoK it isn't as good at healing being that your life tap heals considerably less, and you don't have the wounds buff to use as an AOE 800 heal (sure it is a 2s cast, but it is still really great to use in a situation where you can't attack)

So i'd say try going more grace, focus on your melee healing, using your wounds buff in all situations where you aren't able to extend out to hit a target to contribute to heals, and focus more on disrupt/parry/toughness/armor with your gear. You'll throw out a ton of heals and can be pretty sturdy as well. Or yah.. you can go backline heals but we all know it isn't as fun as smashing stuff with your hammer :P