Recent Topics

Ads

[WH] BiS sets...

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Adelmar

Re: [WH] BiS sets...

Post#11 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:06 pm

I agree with Beardz except I'm running 2 Anni/3 Conq atm. Will have to test out 3 Anni and see if I prefer that over the wounds bonus. Now, as others here have said about full Conq being better than mixing, I dunno. I ran it for some time and never felt as dangerous, though a bit tankier when it procs, as I am with a mix. Here's hoping that we get a new set soon, hopefully one that incorporates another pocket/back/jewel/(weapon sets would be nice, though it'd screw over 2 hander classes).
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

Ads
Xavory

Post#12 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:11 pm

Does anyone have any thoughts on WH Weapon progression? Assuming the following:

Epic Weapons : Snare+Armor debuff proc
RR39 SC weapons
Subj Weapons
RR45 SC weapons

Which would be "BiS", and until one reaches that goal, what would be the "optimal" progression?
Xzavory (SM), Xzave (WP)
Montague

Xavory (WE), Xtacy (Sorc)
Molon Labe

Xavette (WH of DOOM)

Xavory

Post#13 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:14 am

While I'm at it, I'll throw this one over the fence:

What is BiS for a 40/39 (Prior to Conq/Dom)?

Right now I'm running 4pc Beastlord 4pc Ruin (crit, parry and +1 Confession)

Was contemplating 5pc Anni 3pc BL, but I'm not sure the juice is worth the squeeze.
Xzavory (SM), Xzave (WP)
Montague

Xavory (WE), Xtacy (Sorc)
Molon Labe

Xavette (WH of DOOM)

Adelmar

Post#14 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:50 am

Xavory wrote:Does anyone have any thoughts on WH Weapon progression? Assuming the following:

Epic Weapons : Snare+Armor debuff proc
RR39 SC weapons
Subj Weapons
RR45 SC weapons

Which would be "BiS", and until one reaches that goal, what would be the "optimal" progression?
I know that Dejavue uses the armor debuff pistol even with high end gear and I'm going to be testing it as well to see if, once the proc fires, it's a dps increase compared to subjugator/conq pistol. As for swords, just grab the officer SC sword until the dwarf rvr weapon or subjugator.

As for your other post on armor sets, I ran 3 BL/ 5 Annihilator until I got Conq boots and belt. At that point just run 2 Conq/2 Annihilator/ 5 BL.
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

sinadin

Post#15 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:30 pm

Adelmar wrote:
I'm going to be testing it as well to see if, once the proc fires, it's a dps increase compared to subjugator/conq pistol. As for swords, just grab the officer SC sword until the dwarf rvr weapon or subjugator.
Let us know the result

Adelmar

Post#16 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:58 am

sinadin wrote:
Adelmar wrote:
I'm going to be testing it as well to see if, once the proc fires, it's a dps increase compared to subjugator/conq pistol. As for swords, just grab the officer SC sword until the dwarf rvr weapon or subjugator.
Let us know the result
Basically it's an increase of 200 AA damage per hit when it procs compared to my subjugator pistol. You lose 2% crit and a negligible amount of str/toughness/initiative and gain WS and the proc. It's, imo, far better as you get to the higher end of the current gear threshold because you can still retain 200 dps bonus with full conq/genesis (which has a nice toughness absorb) while still having 25% crit which is high enough to be honest.

You can always run the 5BL/2Anni/2Conq with 2 genesis and Fist amulet or whatever else if you want a higher dps bonus (capped strength with pot) but lower crit. All up to your playstyle.

TL;DR- It's worth using the Judgement pistol, in my opinion.
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

Atropik

Post#17 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:19 am

Adelmar wrote: You can always run the 5BL/2Anni/2Conq with 2 genesis and Fist amulet or whatever else if you want a higher dps bonus (capped strength with pot) but lower crit. All up to your playstyle.
On my street 5beast/2ruin/2conq used to have +1% crit more on top of full conq has. Furthermore, 5/2/2 has +2 parry, much more str, +120 WS, and lots of all resists on bl. The same time full conq has a little bit more wounds and toughness debuff, that doesnt stack with WEs WP. So for WE the choise is obvious, and i honestly do not see the opportunity to increase output dmg or significantly buff surviviability with 100 toughness steel on WH
Nicelook | Obey

Adelmar

Post#18 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:14 am

Atropik wrote:
Adelmar wrote: You can always run the 5BL/2Anni/2Conq with 2 genesis and Fist amulet or whatever else if you want a higher dps bonus (capped strength with pot) but lower crit. All up to your playstyle.
On my street 5beast/2ruin/2conq used to have +1% crit more on top of full conq has. Furthermore, 5/2/2 has +2 parry, much more str, +120 WS, and lots of all resists on bl. The same time full conq has a little bit more wounds and toughness debuff, that doesnt stack with WEs WP. So for WE the choise is obvious, and i honestly do not see the opportunity to increase output dmg or significantly buff surviviability with 100 toughness steel on WH
Yeah, 5/2/2 is the highest dps setup at the moment. I was messing around with 4BL/3Conq/2 Anni (which I probably got mixed up with in my post about the less crit). I've got too many set mix-ups in my head :?

The toughness debuff for the WH equates to around an extra +20dps worth (for example, the stat difference in 5/2/2 compared to full Conq, strength-wise is almost exactly 20dps) which isn't bad at all. Again, it's all up to what your playstyle/build is. Full Conq is by no means bad, it just relies on a proc to showcase the full dps potential, as does the pistol in question. When both proc on the opener though... :shock:
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

Ads
Atropik

Post#19 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:33 am

Adelmar wrote: Again, it's all up to what your playstyle/build is. Full Conq is by no means bad, it just relies on a proc to showcase the full dps potential, as does the pistol in question. When both proc on the opener though... :shock:
Lets be honest, its all about math, id say, even about arithmetic. And arithmetic says, its all the time better to have +100 str and +100 ws over -100 tough proc, which may proc and may not.

Here we have some facts like:
- Toughness itself is a worthless stat game has, and being debuffed by amount of 100 you will recieve like 1-1,5% more damage on every hit, depending on what class you are. Dont be blind here, by losing 100 str from 1000 to 900, you lower you overall dps by 7-8%.
- Some classes (bg, bo etc.) may have the incredible amout of toughness and that way the effectiveness of -100 tough debuff may be redused to -0.000000001% dmg mitigation on proc.
- Its generaly better to have static buff on your own, mostly because you have to fight different enemies, and not only one who was debuffed,
- The other allied classes may aoe-debuff stats, makin you proc not only weak but laughable.
- etc.

I have to sorry for some arrogance that might be shown, arguing over trivial stuff makes me offensive.
Nicelook | Obey

sinadin

Post#20 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:03 am

what does this all mean?

5x BL (Hat, Cloak, Chest, Jewel, Pocket) +
2x Conq (Belt + Boots) +
2x Ruin (Shoulder + Gloves) +
Subj or SC Rapier +
Judgement Pistol (Armor debuff proc) +
2x Genesis (which?)+
1x Brooch of the Fist (T4 influence)