Recent Topics

Ads

Noob needs help with a class choice.

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Spongeman93

Noob needs help with a class choice.

Post#1 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:06 pm

Hello! I recently got into RoR about two days ago. However, Im not sure which class I should be. I want a class that doesn't have to be a nuke like a sorc or bright wizard but I do want some decent DPS and some surivability. I was thinking a DPS like Warrior priest? or maybe a DPS Sword Master? I just don't want to get to far in before I learn its not the class for me like the Chosen I made.

I also hear the classes from Chaos to Destrc are different? Like Black orcs vs Sword master is an example I heard.

Please help. Thank you!

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Noob needs help with a class choice.

Post#2 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:54 pm

If you want dps and survivability:

Melee - DPS DOK/WP, Marauder/WL
Tank - Swordmaster/BO
Ranged - Magus/Engineer
Healer - Archmage/Shaman

Swordmaster/BO will be expected to guard/tank, even if dps spec'd, so it does add another layer of complexity for some. The two are very similar in their role (dps assist tank), with a few differences as is to be expected.

DPS DOK/WP are very self-sufficient classes with good self heals. DPS DOK has very good sustained damage and survivability, while the DPS WP can hit very hard and works very well with a swordmaster/WL combo (DPS DOK is more versatile in class comps). You will need pretty good gear before you can make it work (Mercenary minimum).

DPS AM/Shaman in the right hands can do very good DPS, while being self-sufficient with both heals and the fact that you are ranged. Shaman in particular has a plethora of tools to help them survive/escape.

Magus/Engineer can have very high burst DPS (more than Shaman/AM), and can be spec'd very, very tanky. Good utility and a good solo class, in the right hands.

Marauder and WL both have medium armour, charge. WL also has pounce, making the class the most mobile class in the game. Marauder has a heal leech, and can heal via monstrousity, making them a very tanky class. WL has better burst DPS, but Marauder has a plethora of dangerous debuffs that make it vital in most melee premades that don't run with a BG.

my verdict? try the SM/BO.

Jaycub

Post#3 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:13 am

Engineer>squig herder>shadow warrior>magus

RDPS is just a lot more fun right now, I wouldn't touch any mdps with a 10ft pole until you are established in a guild as a dps player and even then it's Mara or WL. It just needs so much support to do anything. And even then you have play extremely passive and smart even against pug groups with heavy rdps. Sorc and BW are great but you can't play to full potential without at least a hot from a healer so o left them out.

If you do have that melee itch for whatever reason as Peter said BO/SM very good choices.

Personally nothing beats engineer, you got good defense, self heals, long range, and good damage. Only thing you don't have is a heal debuff so just assist someone who does.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Krima

Post#4 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:40 pm

Roll a Witch elf...Its the master race and the most fun to play..
IMHO its the best surviability also because of stealth. I have a chosen 40/60 a SH 40/61 a marauder 40/50 and always go back to my WE because of stealth.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Glorian

Post#5 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:51 pm

The engineer has a hidden healdebuff called concussive mine.
+50% casttimes fir 10seconds. Shamans love it. ;)

And overall yes. Run an engineer with a keg. If you are alone it is like you have half a Dps with you, the turret, and half a healer which is your turret. And on top yourself. :)

ToXoS

Post#6 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:56 pm

Decent DPS and survivability?
Roll a SM, then go 2-handed when you reach rank 40.
Its spirit debuffs, ether dance and wall of darting steel will provide you all you need.

Or try 2H BO and get nuked.

Darosh
Banned

Post#7 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:42 pm

Engi.

You get what you want, while you have no choice but to perform your role ~

Penril

Post#8 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:47 pm

Squig Herder if Destro. Pretty good class for soloing AND premade.

Ads
facundo7777

Post#9 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:15 am

which order class (not dwarf, only empire or elf:P) is mostly needed atm to help fighting vs destro meele train?