Recent Topics

Ads

Backline KOTBS

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
drunkenpunkus

Backline KOTBS

Post#1 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:29 am

I was thinking of doing something like this: http://www.ror.builders/career/knight-o ... ,3068,3069

Maybe switching in FO or Sun's Blessing. I like the idea of Runefang helping to push a S&B. Maybe Banish Darkness.

For RR, I was going to stack parry, str, and WS.

The idea behind this is to stay near the backlines, taking out the armored rushers through some CC, while giving more than average DPS with a S&B.

I don't know. It's a different route than 2HS Dps.

Any feedback?

Ads
Gerv
Banned

Re: Backline KOTBS

Post#2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:11 am

While I openly disagree with your spec choice, if you chose this path to play, the tactics I suggest would be dirty tricks, focused mending and banish darkness. Playing snb you will block often, by slotting dirty tricks you capitalize on this and provide +5% crit to your group.

By running focused mending and the associated aura you also capitalize on the support approach your attempting to make by enabling your healers to increase their output of healing on players when you are pressured by enemy dps both melee and range.

By slotting banished darkness you also increase your effectiveness of a support role by enabling yourself to effectivley and at the same time, efficiently remove incoming enemy dps and tanks by sending them flying. The best use of banished darkness is to capitalise on the high punt angle and send enemies over terrain for example, punting enemy tanks off the Fortress BO in the nordenwatch scenario into the water beyond.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

szczypacz

Post#3 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:44 am

MIgty Soul looks good on paper, but it works only on your abilities from the glory tree, which pretty much means, it affects your blazing blade, which is a terrible ability intself, because of really low base damage.

Second as tank your mian goal is to be in the frontline not in the backline. Your main Job is to guard mpds to create pressure. That does not mean of course you should ignore your backline. Anytime you see that hp brs of your backline are moving is worth checking that you swaitch guard to whoever needs it the most. This isn't easy task.

Pretty much agreed with Gerv, your best tactic is banish darkness, which should be always slotted if you are playing with group. Super punt can win scs (i know i won mine by timing punts in crucial moments), plus it separates the tank from the guarded target. You will find yourself in situations, when that pesky noob engi keeps pulling them all the time rendering your punts useless, but hey **** happens.

For the build if you wanna play a bit more dps specced ( as i do)

For gear i would recommend full domi (30% more dmg when it procs taunt and 5% more crit is better than 62 str from mixing domi with merc) If you want to go more defensive: mix domi with ruin for 600 armor bonus.

For RR: Max parry, reduced chance to be crit, and a bit str to reach 700 str with pot or aura)

don't put all your points in str ( not worth it), i wouldn't take ws either. If you have spare points it is always good to lower yxour chance to be crit, avoidance or RD.

Build im currently running: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=kot ... ;;;0:0:0:0:

In my opinion one of the ebst all around knight builds, that allows you to adapt to the situation at hand.

If you r´wanna run something s&b group oriented and do decent dps for a knight i would suggest slot something like this:

runefang
slice through
dirty tricks
banish darkness

or of you are too squishy and still feel like runefang is fun then go like this:

runefang
slice through
banish darkness
rugged

for solo roaming: (run your helaing aura)

runefang
emperors ward
rugged
coordination

Btw i personaly think, 2h knight is much better right now in terms what are you bringing to your team. 10% more crit, wounds debuff and more dmg, while if you spec and play correctly you would have zero problems maintaining your guard duty ( which is your primary task).

Have fun with best looking tank in the game! :D

anarchypark

Post#4 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:40 pm

faction with more melees have advantage on pushing backline.
they kill backlines much faster.

backline tank's priority is guarding target of assist train.
earning time for your team to kill enemies while you're saving backlines.
super punt, challenge and debuffs are for this job.
you end up running target to target to swap guard. your dps gonna wasted while running. so don't invest too much in dps from first place.

if you want to kill overextend enemy who is on your backline, dps class is more suit for you.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

JohnnySixArms

Post#5 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:57 pm

szczypacz wrote:your blazing blade, which is a terrible ability intself
new Kotbs here. Can you explain this?
I'm not 40 yet (37now) and Blazing Blade feels pretty strong.

Thanks

Dabbart

Post#6 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:21 pm

Because it takes 3GcDs(plus reapplying) that you should be spending on snares, interrupts(you have 2), HtL, CC, etc. it’s an entirely damaging ability that unless you are DPS speced isn’t worth the GcDs.

Where you play as a tank depends on the grp your with. But unless your in a 2/2/2 grp with a rdps, focus more on survivability and utility than damage. Let the DPS classes kill. If you have to “waste” 2GcDs to get a good interrupt in then do it. It’ll be far more effective than stacking BB...

Edit: http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=kot ... 2:;0:0:0:0:
That was my Knight build. Encouraged Aim was changed to only give 5% crit with a SnB(I believe? havn't played KoTBS for a bit). The Stagger is **** priceless for a whole range of situations. Just make sure you call out if you are using it, so people don't drop useless AoE... But for escaping, or saving someone from a pull/KD, or pushing past the tank/melee line to get to the backline it is awesome. I ran full anni with Ini tali's, and RR on RD3 then Parry(for guard damage). If you have trouble finding the timing of Resolute Defense, then stack parry/block/deft defender. Vigilance sounds awesome, but you're a tank. Odds are, you will be the last party member to die anyways.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

JohnnySixArms

Post#7 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:54 am

Sounds plausible.

So instead i use sunder as filler? Because Precision Strike is pretty AP-hungry.

Dabbart

Post#8 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:55 am

Well. If snare is up, shield rush is up, both your interrupts are on CD, no target is worth Punting or on CD, no target is worth KDing or on CD, perseverance is on CD, Shatter Confidence is on CD or no Blessing to remove, and you have a spare GcD... I'd just sit and recover AP, and use that time to get a good look around the battle and see where your next best target for hostile or guard will be. Spamming abilities as soon as you can really isn't the job of the KoTBS, imo. And, it severely limits your ability to actively interrupt or react quickly sometimes.

It depends on the group you're with however. Melee trains you'll have less time to use interrupts, so now that HTL is fixed, anytime you can give that extra dodge/disrupt is amazing. For a more ranged group, timing your CCs and interrupts will be far more important than layering a few more DoTs or another 150 damage attack.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
tionblack

Post#9 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:53 am

As a knight forget about dps,your teams survival depending upon you and your CC skills.No matter what you must get Banish Darkness and Slice Through tactic for snb rest of the tactics can be DIRTY TRICKS or(and)FOCUSED MENDING.

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink: