Recent Topics

Ads

Is WP dps viable?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Arteker616

Re: Is WP dps viable?

Post#61 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:22 am

Leecifer wrote:
Arteker616 wrote:
Wp dps is totaly viable if u care to make it viable, sure its not that easy as a standard mdps , sure but thats the problem with a hybrid , u get tired of mele u can always fall back to heals, mdps doesnt have such luxury u know.
If you are running Wrath, there is no chance that you will be able to "fall back to heal" our casted heals become poo-poo with our -40% on our healing abilities. DPS WP is not viable (in a meta 6v6 sense), but if you build a group around a geared one you will poop on any PuG, which can be said about any class/spec regardless of viability.
my intention was to say u could always fall back to spec as pure healer , luxury people with mdps dont have.
i dont know you , but i usualy run for most part 2 sets for multy purpose during scs or rvr just in case and u can always and u should adapt ur tactics builds .

what u trying to say is wp is not viable in a pure 6vs 6 meta , of course its not but that aplys to alot of classes in this game , thats why u use the term meta . now for roaming in lakes , or what most people do nowdays when running 6 mans wich is sc pug farming, the wrath wp works fine as hell .

But of course than include knowing how to play it using ap pots and a long etc most people never ever will consider , what people in this post want is a way for wp to become a easy to handle class with few drawbacks and few problems .

the biggest problem of wrath atm is the fact there is not anymore RD or cw to deal with alot of combat situations, wich before the nerfs were not as serious as used to be thanks to these , and hybrid dps like dok and wp suffer even more

i do think u were playing when early ab ex rolled over for dps doks and wps , then think about how imbalanced were these class . Because i got more than one time a duo of tank and wp or dok was holdin prety well a whole group.they had 0 drawbacks other mdps have .

slayers and choppas have hindering rage mechanic , marauder has stance dance mechanic , wl has pet controll and a serious dependency of it to work if he want to generate burst ,WE whs , are super soft and lack aoe utility for big fights , dok dps meanwhile got hit hard on his strongest point wich was the covenants and without RD and cw is vulnerable in extreme to order massive rdps and CC superiority ,, something for example wp havent been , their finisher upgraded , aswell his healdebuff.,,,,

Ads
WarriorPriest

Post#62 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:55 am

Arteker616 wrote:
Leecifer wrote:
Arteker616 wrote:
Wp dps is totaly viable if u care to make it viable, sure its not that easy as a standard mdps , sure but thats the problem with a hybrid , u get tired of mele u can always fall back to heals, mdps doesnt have such luxury u know.
If you are running Wrath, there is no chance that you will be able to "fall back to heal" our casted heals become poo-poo with our -40% on our healing abilities. DPS WP is not viable (in a meta 6v6 sense), but if you build a group around a geared one you will poop on any PuG, which can be said about any class/spec regardless of viability.
my intention was to say u could always fall back to spec as pure healer , luxury people with mdps dont have.
i dont know you , but i usualy run for most part 2 sets for multy purpose during scs or rvr just in case and u can always and u should adapt ur tactics builds .

what u trying to say is wp is not viable in a pure 6vs 6 meta , of course its not but that aplys to alot of classes in this game , thats why u use the term meta . now for roaming in lakes , or what most people do nowdays when running 6 mans wich is sc pug farming, the wrath wp works fine as hell .

But of course than include knowing how to play it using ap pots and a long etc most people never ever will consider , what people in this post want is a way for wp to become a easy to handle class with few drawbacks and few problems .

the biggest problem of wrath atm is the fact there is not anymore RD or cw to deal with alot of combat situations, wich before the nerfs were not as serious as used to be thanks to these , and hybrid dps like dok and wp suffer even more

i do think u were playing when early ab ex rolled over for dps doks and wps , then think about how imbalanced were these class . Because i got more than one time a duo of tank and wp or dok was holdin prety well a whole group.they had 0 drawbacks other mdps have .

slayers and choppas have hindering rage mechanic , marauder has stance dance mechanic , wl has pet controll and a serious dependency of it to work if he want to generate burst ,WE whs , are super soft and lack aoe utility for big fights , dok dps meanwhile got hit hard on his strongest point wich was the covenants and without RD and cw is vulnerable in extreme to order massive rdps and CC superiority ,, something for example wp havent been , their finisher upgraded , aswell his healdebuff.,,,,

Right.....

So, after realizing your mdps spec doesn't cut it in a rvr lake you run back to Altdorf each time and repec in Salvation, and spend hundreds of gold on new talismans? Is that what you are trying to say? Or what are you really saying is it is a dummy spec. A red herring purposefully made underpowered to discourage its use.

The Wrath tree deserves to be a properly functional mdps spec. A luxury that all the others get to have for free, and after all these years we are still scraping around at the bottom of the pit.

How do you even get off writing all of the things you have in this thread when the Disciple of Khaine is treated like some kind of protected species and suffers none of these problems?

There is nothing in the original developer notes or the fluff of Warhammer Fantasy Battles that indicates that this situation is in anyway normal or acceptable or intentional.

What this comes down to is a self serving attitude of some people in this community who have decided to sacrifice the Wrath faculty of this class for their own enjoyment at the expense of those who actually want to play a Warrior Priest of Sigmar from the fluff of the WFB setting.

Crap loads of changes have been made to other classes to make them even better at what they do and more fun and after all this time we still have nothing.

freshour
Banned

Post#63 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:34 am

Spoiler:
WarriorPriest wrote:
Arteker616 wrote:
Leecifer wrote:

Right.....

So, after realizing your mdps spec doesn't cut it in a rvr lake you run back to Altdorf each time and repec in Salvation, and spend hundreds of gold on new talismans? Is that what you are trying to say? Or what are you really saying is it is a dummy spec. A red herring purposefully made underpowered to discourage its use.

The Wrath tree deserves to be a properly functional mdps spec. A luxury that all the others get to have for free, and after all these years we are still scraping around at the bottom of the pit.

How do you even get off writing all of the things you have in this thread when the Disciple of Khaine is treated like some kind of protected species and suffers none of these problems?

There is nothing in the original developer notes or the fluff of Warhammer Fantasy Battles that indicates that this situation is in anyway normal or acceptable or intentional.

What this comes down to is a self serving attitude of some people in this community who have decided to sacrifice the Wrath faculty of this class for their own enjoyment at the expense of those who actually want to play a Warrior Priest of Sigmar from the fluff of the WFB setting.

Crap loads of changes have been made to other classes to make them even better at what they do and more fun and after all this time we still have nothing.
Having at least played my WP to RR 40 - I agree that it is not where the dok is in regards to sustained DPS. However it is very viable in melee healing as "Solid Heals" and his IB comrade have proven they can be extremely hard to kill. Clowny has actually made it work in 6 mans aside from facing uber meta comps. Basically WP gets better backline healing and better melee healing, dok gets better DD spec. To say that someone has no idea what they are talking about and then to say that dok is this "treated like some protected species" when its most recent change was an overall 30% damage reduction due to the ICD - while WP got a 10% parry strikethrough, and had their HD brought in line with other classes (not saying it as good as the doks) - But seriously, It isn't very nice to insult someones opinion as if they are an idiot - and then go and say things that you clearly have no clue what you are talking about... It is extremely ironic and overall not productive for the converation.

WarriorPriest

Post#64 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:12 am

freshour wrote:
Spoiler:
WarriorPriest wrote:
Arteker616 wrote:my intention was to say u could always fall back to spec as pure healer , luxury people with mdps dont have.

Right.....

Having at least played my WP to RR 40 - I agree that it is not where the dok is in regards to sustained DPS. However it is very viable in melee healing as "Solid Heals" and his IB comrade have proven they can be extremely hard to kill. Clowny has actually made it work in 6 mans aside from facing uber meta comps. Basically WP gets better backline healing and better melee healing, dok gets better DD spec. To say that someone has no idea what they are talking about and then to say that dok is this "treated like some protected species" when its most recent change was an overall 30% damage reduction due to the ICD - while WP got a 10% parry strikethrough, and had their HD brought in line with other classes (not saying it as good as the doks) - But seriously, It isn't very nice to insult someones opinion as if they are an idiot - and then go and say things that you clearly have no clue what you are talking about... It is extremely ironic and overall not productive for the converation.

We're talking about the Wrath specialization here. Not the Grace or Salvation specializations. Grace is for melee healing. Salvation is the heal bot and Wrath is supposed to be the melee dps.

And as for insulting, go back and look at the insulting attitude of that guy in this thread. Telling everyone to go and cry a river, etc.

I'll tell you what is ironic. They brought the dps of the Disciple of Khaine down by 30% and they still do more damage than the Warrior Priest who was apparently ever so slightly given an upgrade?

Explain how that game design makes any sense.

And the Disciple of Khaine has been treated like a protected species for years. The Warrior Priest has copped all of the flak in its place.

Without having to go to ridiculous lengths that no one else ever has to even contemplate, the Wrath tree by any design integrity deserves to be as fun and playable as any other mdps spec of any other class in this game. The end. People play this game for fun. The blurb tells you what the class is supposed to be, it states it has three design specs like every other class, and they are healing, melee healing, and melee dps. And that is what it is supposed to be.

Should he do as much damage as a Slayer? No. Should he do enough damage to be considered a viable mdps and be tankier than a Slayer? Yes. You are a Warrior Priest bedecked in steel full plate armour over priestly robes and vestments of faith. The Slayer is a lunatic of his own accord running around nearly naked intent on dying a heroic death.

The White Lion of Chrace also is described as being clad in medium armour. Not steel plates of metal like the Warrior Priest, but some kind of lamellar Persian inspired medium armour.

Atropik

Post#65 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:10 am

WarriorPriest wrote: Should he do as much damage as a Slayer? No. Should he do enough damage to be considered a viable mdps and be tankier than a Slayer? Yes.
Should he have self/group heals that way?
Nicelook | Obey

WarriorPriest

Post#66 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:46 am

Both the Zeal and Fanaticism tactics, which are designed to be slotted by Wrath Warrior Priests, already reduce your healing abilities across the board by 45%. You already can't heal worth a damn using the tools given to the Wrath specialization, so you have nothing to worry about there.

You also have to use will power talismans and healing gear and spend renown points on will and healing etc to have anywhere decent healing as a Warrior Priest. And if you're going Wrath spec you don't do any of these things.

Madcatmech
Suspended

Post#67 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:04 am

Medium armor - check
Burst damage due to 2h - check
Easy to play - check
survivability through 100% uptime aoe detaunt for when tank gets punted, sigmars shield and sigmars vision - check
Initiative debuff and finisher - check
Dmg aura with no icd - check
On-demand powerful single target heal (especially with kobs or sm in party) - check

Seriously, the only thing it lacks is tooltip damage on its incoming hdebuff, armor debuff and mobility. Imo no tooltip damage on inchedubff is a quick fix should the devs wish for it to have it in the first place. It having no armor debuff is a good thing since it results in it having to rely on other classes. But every spec needs a bane; which in Wrath's regard is mobility, you take that away there is no counterplay to the class, which in turn will result in it being OP.

Clown and Amadeus have already proven that Wrath is viable, I suggest you ask them for advice (they both love the class and really dont mind sharing tips). Though judging from your posts, I assume you dont really have a group of players you can rely on.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#68 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:18 am

WarriorPriest wrote:
freshour wrote:
Spoiler:
WarriorPriest wrote:

Right.....

We're talking about the Wrath specialization here. Not the Grace or Salvation specializations. Grace is for melee healing. Salvation is the heal bot and Wrath is supposed to be the melee dps.

And as for insulting, go back and look at the insulting attitude of that guy in this thread. Telling everyone to go and cry a river, etc.

I'll tell you what is ironic. They brought the dps of the Disciple of Khaine down by 30% and they still do more damage than the Warrior Priest who was apparently ever so slightly given an upgrade?

And the Disciple of Khaine has been treated like a protected species for years. The Warrior Priest has copped all of the flak in its place.

Without having to go to ridiculous lengths that no one else ever has to even contemplate, the Wrath tree by any design integrity deserves to be as fun and playable as any other mdps spec of any other class in this game. The end. People play this game for fun. The blurb tells you what the class is supposed to be, it states it has three design specs like every other class, and they are healing, melee healing, and melee dps. And that is what it is supposed to be.

Should he do as much damage as a Slayer? No. Should he do enough damage to be considered a viable mdps and be tankier than a Slayer? Yes. You are a Warrior Priest bedecked in steel full plate armour over priestly robes and vestments of faith. The Slayer is a lunatic of his own accord running around nearly naked intent on dying a heroic death.

The White Lion of Chrace also is described as being clad in medium armour. Not steel plates of metal like the Warrior Priest, but some kind of lamellar Persian inspired medium armour.
That's enough crusading. Make a balance proposal or stick to how the class currently works if someone iss asking for advice, not perpetuating your thinly veiled aggression towards the people responsible for balance and your rather blatant wishlist.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
lefze
Suspended

Post#69 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:37 am

WarriorPriest wrote:Both the Zeal and Fanaticism tactics, which are designed to be slotted by Wrath Warrior Priests, already reduce your healing abilities across the board by 45%. You already can't heal worth a damn using the tools given to the Wrath specialization, so you have nothing to worry about there.

You also have to use will power talismans and healing gear and spend renown points on will and healing etc to have anywhere decent healing as a Warrior Priest. And if you're going Wrath spec you don't do any of these things.
Tactics do not reduce healing from melee heals, so "across the board" is not correct. Also, no healer worth **** slots willpower or spends any renown into willpower.
Rip Phalanx

Ashe

Post#70 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:30 am

wargrimnir wrote:
WarriorPriest wrote:
freshour wrote:
Spoiler:

That's enough crusading. Make a balance proposal or stick to how the class currently works if someone iss asking for advice, not perpetuating your thinly veiled aggression towards the people responsible for balance and your rather blatant wishlist.

Make it as it was before only 1 thing. Willpower to STR as Wrah WP and the same for Dok - this will normalize the stats and give you the choice and disconnect from the Dominator and the Mercenary. If I'm not mistaken, Zelot and RP wash 1 click to change Wilpower to INT