Recent Topics

Ads

[KotBS] - Vicious slash

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Serbiansword

[KotBS] - Vicious slash

Post#1 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:26 pm

Since I want to deepen my knowledge about KotBS I would like to get some advice from more experienced KotBS players. I have 3 questions in regards to Vicious slash (VS in further text):

1. "...interrupting any abilities that they are building up" - Now, does "building up" refer just to the actual casting of the spell or there is some other mechanic that VS gets to interrupt (stacking some bonuses for instance)
2. Since most of the spell casts (heal for example) don't take that long, let's say between 0.5 to 3.0 seconds, how often do you guys get to interrupt the healing of an enemy player. I understand that it takes skill and knowledge in order to detect and recognize the spell animation, but I'm just curios how often do you really manage to time it perfectly and actually stop that Shammy/Zealot/DoK from healing.
3. In regards to casting heal spells: Most of those require the caster to be stationary/not moving in order to cast the heal, correct or wrong?

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Re: [KotBS] - Vicious slash

Post#2 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:52 pm

Its really usefull in EC since its colse quarters. Otherwise i got no idea

Collateral

Post#3 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:59 pm

1. Abilities building up znaci one koje traju neko vrijeme. Npr. raze ili neki group heal.
2. Neki group heal imaju cast time, sto znaci da ih se moze prekinut. Dobro je znat da su dok i wp staticni healeri. Sto znaci da se nemogu micat kad healaju, u vecini barem. Oko to toga se nemoras zbilja brinut. Prekidanje heala nije toliko bitno, kolko su neke druge stvari, npr. prekidanje resa.
3. Kao sto sam rekao, dok i wp su staticni, ostali ne, ali to nije bit. Bit je prekidat rezove i recimo raze.

Barem koliko ja shvacam interupt, mozda sam u krivu ali sumnjam. U vecni slucajeva je bolje koristit taunt, pogotovo kad vidis da ce healer nekog rezat. Ne vidim bas neke prilike da se ovo koristi. Korisniji je taunt jer nije melee ability. Ali definitivno je dobro imati dupli taunt. Ako si dovoljno brz, mozes prekinut dva razea npr., ili tree hit combo od balck orca.

I rarely get the opportunity to speak in my native language :P

Edit: da isto je kao taunt, samo sto je melee range a ne 20 metara, i moze ga se obranit.
Last edited by Collateral on Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Halhammer

Post#4 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Serbiansword wrote:Since I want to deepen my knowledge about KotBS I would like to get some advice from more experienced KotBS players. I have 3 questions in regards to Vicious slash (VS in further text):

1. "...interrupting any abilities that they are building up" - Now, does "building up" refer just to the actual casting of the spell or there is some other mechanic that VS gets to interrupt (stacking some bonuses for instance)
2. Since most of the spell casts (heal for example) don't take that long, let's say between 0.5 to 3.0 seconds, how often do you guys get to interrupt the healing of an enemy player. I understand that it takes skill and knowledge in order to detect and recognize the spell animation, but I'm just curios how often do you really manage to time it perfectly and actually stop that Shammy/Zealot/DoK from healing.
3. In regards to casting heal spells: Most of those require the caster to be stationary/not moving in order to cast the heal, correct or wrong?
1. It only interrupts abilities, well it should at least

2. I usually don't use it on healers, except for the occasional group heal or rez but then I just taunt anyway. Most of the time I use it on sorcs and maguses, or mara pulls. For healers it's easier to just KD or punt em off

3. The big ones, and group heals yea
Halhammer - Gundoom - Vewywong et al. of DoE

Serbiansword

Post#5 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:17 pm

Collateral wrote:1. Abilities building up znaci one koje traju neko vrijeme. Npr. raze ili neki group heal.
2. Neki group heal imaju cast time, sto znaci da ih se moze prekinut. Dobro je znat da su dok i wp staticni healeri. Sto znaci da se nemogu micat kad healaju, u vecini barem. Oko to toga se nemoras zbilja brinut. Prekidanje heala nije toliko bitno, kolko su neke druge stvari, npr. prekidanje resa.
3. Kao sto sam rekao, dok i wp su staticni, ostali ne, ali to nije bit. Bit je prekidat rezove i recimo raze.

Barem koliko ja shvacam interupt, mozda sam u krivu ali sumnjam. U vecni slucajeva je bolje koristit taunt, pogotovo kad vidis da ce healer nekog rezat. Ne vidim bas neke prilike da se ovo koristi. Korisniji je taunt jer nije melee ability.

I rarely get the opportunity to speak in my native language :P
Hahaha, hvala na odgovoru :lol:
Vidiš uopšte nisam razmišljao o Raze-u i da li VS utiče na taj Morale, obično bih koristio KB ili KD.
Last edited by Serbiansword on Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serbiansword

Post#6 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:19 pm

Halhammer wrote:[

2. I usually don't use it on healers, except for the occasional group heal or rez but then I just taunt anyway. Most of the time I use it on sorcs and maguses, or mara pulls. For healers it's easier to just KD or punt em off
Yeah that makes sense, to save VS for some more dangerous/deadlier spells.

Collateral

Post#7 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:21 pm

Np :) Mozes ga koristit na razeu, ali je problem taj da sto moze obranit, isto kao KD ili punt. Taunt se nikako nemoze obranit, naprosto instant prekida sve. Ali je VS vrlo koristan ako netko ima RD, sto znaci da nemozes koristit punt ili KD, tako da ga mozes definitivno prekinut morale s tim, samo pazi kada netko ima RD.