Recent Topics

Ads

WP Toughness Build

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
siflisk

WP Toughness Build

Post#1 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:39 pm

So I was looking to try and do a toughness build on my WP and was wondering if anyone knew if there were better gear options than the following. I cannot remember the name of some items since they are loot bag instead of set.

To hit the soft cap I need to get ~38 toughness per item (set bonuses help hit this). Is there a list anywhere of rewards from PQ bags?

Boots: Duelist +11
Gloves: Conqueror +15
Belt: Conqueror +0
Shoulders: Conqueror +18
Helm: Duelist +13
Chest: Duelist +16

Duelist Set: +47
Conqueror Set: +66

Mainhand: PQ Loot Level 40 hammer +24
Offhand: T4 Empire Book +36

Back: T4 Empire Back +26
Trinket1: Genesis Aspect +24
Trinket2: Genesis Remnant +24
Trinket3 Lvl38 Buyable RR Trinket +25
Trinket4 Lvl38 buyable RR Trinket +20

Genesis Set Bonus +37

RR: +120
Talismans: 144 (+18 X 8)
Tactic: Greave of Sigmar +80ish

Potion: +80

Base: +150

Total: 976

Ads
Charon

Re: WP Toughness Build

Post#2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:31 pm

hmm i'm quite curious of possible effect when high toughness will be add to 2x absorb tactics. Pls give us some assessment if you success to create it.

ps greave of sigmar does''t stack with toughnes potion or any toughnes aura and buff
Last edited by Charon on Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Duelist is terrible if your intent is to go toughness-stacked heal spec. Better to invest in anni/conq/bl/hell even ruin, and put toughness talis in, than going for a low-armor DPS set.

siflisk

Post#4 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:25 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Duelist is terrible if your intent is to go toughness-stacked heal spec. Better to invest in anni/conq/bl/hell even ruin, and put toughness talis in, than going for a low-armor DPS set.
I agree, however, other than armor set lists, I am struggling to find information about what my other gear options are. Very few T4 rvr rewards provide toughness and pq influence rewards are also lacking. The hammer I listed came from a purple rvr bag and I did not know it existed until I got it.
Charon wrote:hmm i'm quite curious of possible effect when high toughness will be add to 2x absorb tactics. Pls give us some assessment if you success to create it.

ps greave of sigmar don''t stack with toughnes potion or any toughnes aura and buff
That is the intent :) With a tome I can cast Touch of the Divine every other gcd with a very high chance of absorb proc.

Toughness roughly 40% DPS reduction
Intimidating repent 50%
Armor/resist 40%
Parry/disrupt/dodge 25%

So about 87% damage reduction

freshour
Banned

Post#5 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:52 pm

My question is in a game where lots of small hits never kill you (esp after proc nerf). And only extremely large hits/burst kills you. 1k toughness nets you like 200 damage mitigation (i think). Why not try and get 4k+ armor and then work on toughness?

Winds set and disrupt tactic (Because... WP) - you get over 4k armor, 50-60% disrupt, and capped resists because I've never seen an order group without a knight, and you add on AOE detaunt to that and you are literally as tanky as as some tank classes?

Order has an advantage with this (no i'm not being salty) but we (destro) have 2 classes that you can disrupt (magus,sorc) and order has 1 in BW - so the innate healer disrupt bonus benefits you a lot more. Since no destro healer is going to stack enough ini/dodge to be in the 50's order healers > destro healers vs rdps after the defense changes... soooooo I say!

WHY NOT MILK THE CRAP OUT OF THIS?!

Disrupt Tactic, Inc Heal Tactic on Defense, AOE Detaunt, Maybe Discipline? but bubble prolly better - get 4k armor, winds set, chance to be crit to 0, AOE detaunt, and heal crit roughly around 15% and you will be extremely hard to kill for destro players. You can honestly just use aoe detaunt for frontline melee and disrupt over 50% of the casters in the back. With that mindset you only have to worry about Teefz and maybe 2-3 other SH who can actually kill things that still play.

I would try that route as I have both WP and DoK over 40/40 and generally build them as tanky as possible because a dead healer does not heal nearly as much as one that is alive :D.

EDIT: You should always add up what your armor is post Mara/BG armor debuff. The numebr unbuffed is lying to you lol. Against any decent group, when you are being attacked you will 100% be armor debuffed. So that is why I say get 4k+ so post armor debuff you are still very tanky as against destro welllllll over 50% and probably over 75% of damage is allllllll phys baby. So milk it!

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#6 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:57 am

Convert is right: disrupt+armor. Easier to stack and more useful IMO.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!