Recent Topics

Ads

WP Skill change....

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Endyne

WP Skill change....

Post#1 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:08 am

Hello,

Been playing my WP for a while, and found an issue that might have a fairly simple fix. When I run Salvation, I find that my melee abilities are all but useless. So many blocks and parries that even if they did decent damage, that the heal was too inconsistent. I played around with a STR build in Grace, and still found it very hard to reach a point where it felt consistent. And in that case, I had abandoned a lot of my defensive stats to get there. Not good.

Ideally, I want to be able to run a Salvation spec, or a hybrid of several trees, and still have useful melee skills. To be able to back line heal in tougher fights, but have the viable option to hammer down on someone who pushes heals/squishies.

If Divine Assault and Sigmar's Radiance were undefendable, but did less damage, I feel like there would be a reason for a Salvation or hybrid spec to use melee. No need for STR to land hits on the most important heals, and the damage could be lowered to avoid a DPS spec being built that had too much of a good thing. Base damage lowered, Heal % increased some, and you still have the risk/reward of moving to the frontline as a healer, but without throwing away all of your defense to even have a chance to land hits. A WP would only be tickling most enemies, but still providing heals.

Just an idea.

Ads
diedrake

Re: WP Skill change....

Post#2 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:34 am

Parries and blocks? Sounds more like a position issue and if ur going up against tanks... Tanks seem to be a melee WP bane because of so much damage mitigation.
Parry is because your going up against a parry build dps tank or pure dps

Reason why i say this is because, the dok i occasionally play doesnt have the same issue when using my channel leach abil nor any of my attacks unless debolstered and trying to hit an order player that is lvl 40.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

diedrake

Post#3 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:36 am

I am not familier with wp though sounds like the spec u are running is heal spec. Meaning you boost willpower instead of str. And if thats the case u shouldnt be on frontlines due to low str.

Sounds like you want everything and that not how dok/wp works. Heal well and do ok damage when the dps is in your backlines? Sry but the proposal you have would in fact make the melee healer a wee bit powerful undefendable attacks on a melees main ability alone sounds like both side would cry.
Last edited by diedrake on Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Endyne

Post#4 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:43 am

diedrake wrote:I am not familier with wp though sounds like the spec u are running is heal spec. Meaning you boost willpower instead of str. And if thats the case u shouldnt be on frontlines due to low str.
I just don't like that half of my abilities are ignored because of the spec. I was looking for a way to be able to actually use melee skills without having to build to 800 STR. I don't necessarily want a DPS build, but a healer that uses the melee skills we have.

zabis

Post#5 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:46 am

But what about a dok/wp that does max out their str/crit? The gheals might be a tad OP if they are not defendable.
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Endyne

Post#6 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:46 am

diedrake wrote:Parries and blocks? Sounds more like a position issue and if ur going up against tanks... Tanks seem to be a melee WP bane because of so much damage mitigation.
Parry is because your going up against a parry build dps tank or pure dps

Reason why i say this is because, the dok i occasionally play doesnt have the same issue when using my channel leach abil nor any of my attacks unless debolstered and trying to hit an order player that is lvl 40.
Yeah, maybe I have a bit of learn to play issue, but I still think a few tweaks could allow more options in gameplay than sit back and cast. I have a hammer, I am supposed to be a WARRIOR, I would like to hit things with it. Its more about being able to use the melee skills and actually heal with them.

diedrake

Post#7 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:49 am

When playing a wp or dok u need to decide what u want to do. Cant have both its one or the other. The sippy cup dok is also a warrior.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Endyne

Post#8 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:50 am

zabis wrote:But what about a dok/wp that does max out their str/crit? The gheals might be a tad OP if they are not defendable.
Yeah, the numbers would need some tweaking to avoid issues. Increasing the heals % and lowering the damage by a fair margin would discourage them being used in a DPS build, because there would be better options for killing things.

Still trying to max STR/Crit for healing? You end up in the same place you are now in the front lines. Focused and dead.

Ads
Endyne

Post#9 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:53 am

diedrake wrote:When playing a wp or dok u need to decide what u want to do. Cant have both its one or the other. The sippy cup dok is also a warrior.
Except there isn't really a viable melee healing set up right now. Sure, in a premade with a setup made for you, WP can do alright. You can tell me I have to respec everytime I want to use the other half of my skill bar, but that doesn't mean I have to accept it.

Endyne

Post#10 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:56 am

diedrake wrote:I am not familier with wp though sounds like the spec u are running is heal spec. Meaning you boost willpower instead of str. And if thats the case u shouldnt be on frontlines due to low str.

Sounds like you want everything and that not how dok/wp works. Heal well and do ok damage when the dps is in your backlines? Sry but the proposal you have would in fact make the melee healer a wee bit powerful undefendable attacks on a melees main ability alone sounds like both side would cry.
I never said anything about doing damage as a healer. I am talking about NERFING damage to promote the useage of our main abilities to HEAL