Recent Topics

Ads

Only WP's

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Wosh
Banned

Only WP's

Post#1 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:35 am

Dreams, this is nothing but just plain and simple dreams. Maybe spark some idea but its nothing but dreaming.

Imagine wp's useing a shield that gives him the armor he needs to tank in the frontline. Now imagine each time he blocks he regains some righteousfury. Perhaps picking up the shield gave him a special bonus when useing a certain prayer and a reduction when useing another prayer. Now imagine the holy book or the mighty 2handed synergise with the effects from prayers.

Imagine wp's prayers granting personally buff aswell as group buffs or that a wp's prayer would stack with a potion, that healing on melee was buffed aswell and triggered personally, that damage was buffed aswell as triggered personally.. Imagine prayers defineing the moment a wp is in, synergiseing with his weapon of choice.

Imagine a wp where Fury, Fanatism, AA haste is nothing but a sad past. Not a must that has to be included, for the metas. Imagine a wp without the need of a personal guard, but with mass repent tied into the prayer. Channel abilities tied into prayers, a wp based on prayers that combine with his tools of choice, the hammer, the book and perhaps one day a shield. Diffrent outcome of an ability based on diffrent weapons, synergised with prayers that has been called based on the momentum of the battle. Not a prayer cast before battle, but one that changes with the flow of combat.

I imagine a world with no bounderies a test world, where one could perform battletest and joust. In such a world one could dream up and forge a wp. A might WP, one who is both fun to play and also includes balance. A warrior priest diverse in each of his roles, diversity with succes, when played proper.

dreams, dreams...
Last edited by Wosh on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Warfare80

Re: Only WP's

Post#2 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:03 am

Sigmar reborn... :D
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Wosh
Banned

Post#3 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:09 am

Warfare80 wrote:Sigmar reborn... :D
I envisioned him as a hero, i see him as a scholar, ..... with a book on his way to the chastity course at the library, cause he has midget balls!

rmpl

Post#4 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:37 am

Back when T3 was the cap you could actually use a shield as an alternative appearance for WP's book.

Wosh
Banned

Post#5 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:01 pm

rmpl wrote:Back when T3 was the cap you could actually use a shield as an alternative appearance for WP's book.
I could imagine useing a shield could be something like onblock gain X RF, maybe with a synergi to sigmars shield. Have each prayer give a unique result based on weapon of choice.

Haldret

Post#6 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:25 am

Where is your faith in this dark day, brother?

I've read your long post, I hope you can manage to read mine.

First of all, I get the irony. I've read that topic yesterday with a smirk on my face, thinking I fallen into the same wishful thinking (I'm in love with warrior priests). Your post probably comes from many suggestions that come and go according to that class.

Then, after few hours of resignation, that my 2H warrior priest never really going to be good at anything, I've realized why there is so much confusion and suggestions about changing (/improving) warrior priests. And why I always used 2H hammer charging into foes.

WAR/RoR is a game, in which they had to assign warrior priest to system they've created with classes. And with this game it's almost only: tank, melee dps, ranged dps, healer. That's where the misconception and confusion come. Because lore-wise warrior priests weren't healers. Almost everywhere they are pictured as fearless fanatics, holding great hammer with heavy armor. And they charge with this madness in their eyes on enemies, without helmet, first in line, in front of the troops, to inspire. They take heavy wounds, fall, but Sigmar rewards them for their courage with blessing, protection, and brings them back to life.
The Warrior Priests of the Church of Sigmar are a warrior-sect of Sigmarite Priest whose duty is to not only lead and inspire Imperial troops on the field of battle, but also to minister to their spiritual needs against the Empire's foes
In battle, the divine power of Sigmar stirs within their hearts and his divine might is their command, allowing them to perform extraordinary miracles in the name of their god, so long as their faith in him remains strong.
To see such blatant signs of Sigmar's favour fires the hearts of all Men and leads them to redouble their efforts to defeat the foe. Warrior Priests of Sigmar normally wear mail or full plate armour underneath their holy vestments, wield the mighty warhammers that are the favoured weapon of Sigmar, and ride into battle atop powerful Imperial warhorses. Among the most commonly employed divine powers of a Warrior Priest are prayers.
Divine Lore of Sigmar
Each of Sigmar’s primary orders gives importance to different prayers. The orders of the Anvil and Torch, the largest orders of the Cult, practise defensive rites, focussing upon catechisms that protect the body and mind from harm or influence (Sigmar the Anvil). The Silver Hammers follow some of this doctrine, but also teach prayers to smite Sigmar’s enemies, knowing that the best defence can often be offence (Sigmar the Hammer). Lastly, while the Cleansing Flames believe they must take Sigmar’s purifying fires to their enemies, they also teach warding prayers, designed to protect the Order from the foul corruptions of the Ruinous Powers (Sigmar the Purifier). The other Orders of Sigmar use variations upon these themes, with most preferring defensive prayers over the offensive.
That is why so many people choose to play warrior priests of Sigmar, because of the lore, because we expect what is stated above. Then comes the shock, you can't really survive with 2H longer then few seconds if you're lucky, few more with healing, and another few with the best gear. So in order to play good, to play according to game mechanics, we are forced to become standard healer, and understanding this came for me after countless deaths. The thing is, warrior priests from the lore aren't healers, then don't stand behind the lines praying (healing). Their power comes from and purpose is to be in the middle of the battle.

That's why so many people complain, that is why you see so many "melee" warrior priests. Because this is what they are supposed to do, lore-wise, and they don't know the game doesn't let them to that.

I can't speak for everyone, I think many suggestions come from this, another come from bias, because they just want their class to be super strong. The thing is, I've chosen to play warrior priest and never wanted to be a healer. If anything, warrior priests are buffer/blesser/auror class. I know it is not in this game, but it's nothing new. RP Games (and MMORPGs) always had warriors (tanks, berserkers), priests (robe healers) and paladins/crusaders - full plate holy warriors, that inspire, give auras, buff, resurrect. Sounds OP, but it isn't, because they didn't have so many skills as warriors if it came to melee, weren't so powerful, and also didn't heal so strong as priests. It's just another class, not warrior, not priest.

It's even more visible in WoW, where there is balance, and there are so many classes, not simply tank, mdps, rdps, healer. There are paladins, which heal - not as strong as priests, that fight melee, but without having so many skills as warriors. In WoW you can be retribution paladin- 2H holy warrior, striking foes with holy power, resurrect if needed, heal a bit - almost like a warrior priests, and holy paladin - 1h and off-hand tome, healer. The third is protection pally, 1h plus shield, but that is not similiar to warrior priest.

Summing up, I hope I show you why there are so many 2h WPs, and why this topic is so controversial, why there are so many suggestions to make this class stronger in melee. If you ask me, I don't mind losing something from healing, in order to boost this melee, as I said, I'm in love with warrior priests from lore. However saying this, I now this is a wishful thinking, because it was game creators that created the class as it is, and yes, there was also many complaints about it. But it is the fault of their own system, system they crated and tried to put warrior priests in it.

Thank you for reading this.