Recent Topics

Ads

Knight of the Blazing Sun // Looking for Advice and Build Feedback

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
seismicbeat

Knight of the Blazing Sun // Looking for Advice and Build Feedback

Post#1 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:40 pm

Hello,

I'm pretty much a newbie with Warhammer Online and I have been trying to figure out the in-game basics. Long story short, I rolled with the Knight of the Blazing Sun to storm into the game with great interest as I always like to play with Sword/Shield heavy classes. But, in fact, I'm tackling in certain points while leveling, so some advices from experienced players would be deeply appreciated.

I noticed that both 2H and Shield/Sword builds are common and I see people in the battlefield playing with both builds. I tried both 2H and Shield/Sword to observe which one fits best to me as I noticed that I'm lacking in DPS no matter how I play as I have seen some people with 2H build with great deal of DPS. I'm so confused with what to do. I'm aware that KOTBS is the main tank of the Empire, which means that defense/support comes first rather than DPS.

So, I was wondering if you might be able to give me some advice.

Regards

Ads
szejoza

Re: Knight of the Blazing Sun // Looking for Advice and Build Feedback

Post#2 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:25 pm

Pushing out good dps as 2 handed KOTBS requires good gear set up solely for that, if you are new I would suggest sticking to sword&board and learn the basics of all tanks: guarding, challenging, CC and so on, damage dealing comes after that. Once you are familiar with these you will find much easier time swapping to 2h and maybe by that time you will even have somewhat decent gear to not feel completely useless.

But always remember, you are tank first, dps second, no matter if you are s&b or 2h
Spoiler:

TenTonHammer

Post#3 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:21 pm

seismicbeat wrote: I have seen some people with 2H build with great deal of DPS. I'm so confused with what to do. I'm aware that KOTBS is the main tank of the Empire, which means that defense/support comes first rather than DPS.

So, I was wondering if you might be able to give me some advice.

Regards

first off those people are proably using armor sets that use scenario currency

in RoR tank gear is split into 2 "types" offensive-ish dps gear that you can purchase using scenario currency and defensive "tank" gear that you get by participating on open rvr

additonally a KOTBS's dps potential significantly increases when the runefang tactic procs while simultaneously using emperors champion morale 2, the offensive stat boost you have for that duration of time is pretty high and you can hit pretty hard even if your in defensive gear

dansari

Post#4 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:22 pm

You're also not going to deal damage like other 2h tanks can. An SM, IB, BG, and BO will all regularly pump out more damage than you can.
<Salt Factory>

seismicbeat

Post#5 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:35 pm

Hello All,

Thanks for all the information you provided, really appreciate it. I switched over to Sword&Shield to learn the basics and in the meantime I will keep joining scenarios to improve my understanding on game mechanics.

Have a great day,

seismicbeat

xtc1999
Banned

Post#6 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:52 pm

Most knights that "deal good dmg" are actually running all out assault which is a trash aura, only to compensate for something and look good on the score board with 50k dmg, 0kbs and 4 deaths.
EAT YOUR KFC LADS!

orillah
Suspended

Post#7 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:57 pm

My personal expirience from having a r60 knigt is - if y are new just go full def and concentrate on guarding. Knight is the worst damage dealer of all tanks, if not from all classes. Get conqueror and find some group/friends to roam, y are very limited when solo. The main reason of knight existense is his auras and the more people they affect is better.

seismicbeat

Post#8 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:17 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions as all the folks mentioned that I switched over to Shield/Sword to concentrate on guarding. You've shared great tips leading me to the right direction.

Thanks,

seismicbeat

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#9 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:25 pm

Get enemy addon. Really helps for sticking to the guy you are guarding
Alea iacta est

Valarion

Post#10 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Master the S&B (1 handed sword and shield) spec first. When you do this, you will be vastly more knowledgeable and powerful when and if you ever decide to go dps (which I dont recommend even with the right gear). While you can dps, the true secret sauce of tanks is investing into mitigation, group buffs and keeping your group alive at all costs. Unlike other games, WAR really did a masterful job at this and its still one of the best games for tank-group synergy.

General advice:
Guard and Hold the Line are two of the most overpowered and underrated skills in the game. Learn them and spam them religiously. Combine them with punt (Repel Darkness) and the super-punt (Banish Darkness) tactic and KD (Smashing Counter) or Stagger (Heaven's Fury) to keep you comrades from getting ganked or to separate the dps from the healers. Weave in the powerful group buffs (Dirty Tricks, Focused Mending and/or Encouraged Aim) and auras. When you master the bulk of these skills, the best builds will be much more clear to you.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted