Recent Topics

Ads

KOTBS newbie, how can I improve?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Eviljamjar

KOTBS newbie, how can I improve?

Post#1 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:28 pm

Greetings, I apologise if I have missed another post targeting this but I have been on the server for a couple of weeks now and found my feet with the knight class.

I keep hearing about order lacking tanks and that being a reason for our defeat on so many occasions but I'm a tank, so I must be doing something wrong!

What o want to know, in Leymans terms is what I am supposed to be doing as a tank situationally in pvp.

I'm assuming it's not enough to just guard the nearest which hunter and knock any dps off my healers. So please can anyone offer me some guidance on what I can focus on I order to be as helpful to my team as I can be?

Much appreciated, have a good one.

Ads
Scottx125

Re: KOTBS newbie, how can I improve?

Post#2 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:00 pm

Really depends. Most often you will have 2 types of tanks. Super tanky tanks that stack toughness/armour/wounds. Their job is to do hold the line when two sides are skirmishing in RvR, or to charge deep into enemy lines through the front line to attack the enemy healers/DPS.

Then you have the 2H spec knight. Your job is to debuff the enemy, provide support for your party such as taking tactics that grant extra healing and crit bonus. But also to max out your wounds debuff. Stay close but behind your main tanky tanks as you will be far more squishy no matter how you build yourself. When you charge into the enemies back line, tanky tanks are the anvil, melee DPS are the hammer, you are the heat that is supposed to apply constant pressure. You never will be able to match the DPS of a true DPS class like the slayer, but your job is to keep the back line under pressure. Preventing the healers and DPS from reaching their full potential, and in some cases taking a few of them down.

This being said what about guard? Generally as a tanky tank you will be guarding the melee DPS. For 2H tanks the same applies, but be careful as you will take far more damage compared to a tanky tank, max your parry and use the runefang tactic to capitalise off parrying most of your guard dmg.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

szejoza

Post#3 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:14 pm

just dropping this one here
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=24620
a lot was covered, if you need more info feel free to ask
Spoiler:

Dirock
Banned

Post#4 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:30 pm

They are nerfing KOTBS into the ground, next on the chopping block is focused mending.

Run while you can.
My time here was short.

Scottx125

Post#5 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:46 pm

Dirock wrote:They are nerfing KOTBS into the ground, next on the chopping block is focused mending.

Run while you can.
Not really. All they've said is they want to rework the 100% uptime stuff. Focused mending so far has had little evidence provided to show it is OP. Infact, KOTBS is one of the worst tanks in general. IT has the best utility, but SM has better DPS potential and IB is far more tanky.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

xtc1999
Banned

Post#6 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:56 pm

Dirock wrote:They are nerfing KOTBS into the ground, next on the chopping block is focused mending.

Run while you can.
still will be the best tank of all 3 on order so i wouldnt talk if i were you
EAT YOUR KFC LADS!

Dirock
Banned

Post#7 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:37 pm

Spoiler:
LOL don't make me laugh KFC kid...

Shall we compare how many people play tanks on Destro compared to Order?
These forums are not for shitposting. Find somewhere else to carry on with this attitude.
My time here was short.

Dirock
Banned

Post#8 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:18 pm

Spoiler:
Saying the truth is shittalking... interesting.
Forum participation is entirely optional.
My time here was short.

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#9 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:25 pm

With any class it's vital to define your role and stick with it.

Also tailor build to gear. I learned the hard way that I need better gear to run my preferred Slayer build so have had to settle for aoe spam till I can get conq.
Alea iacta est