Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Tanky melee healer build.

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Scottx125

[WP] Tanky melee healer build.

Post#1 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:46 pm

So I've been seeing a lot of threads about how bad 2h WP is at the moment. Just wondering if anyone has a 2H tanky WP build. The idea of this build is not to do massive amounts of damage (though some will probably be needed for greater heals). But to be as tanky as possible, so that you can stay fighting at the front for as long as possible, healing everyone and yourself without going down due to 1 knockdown/silence. My current idea so far is to use full Conq set + heal Genesis set. That will give a massive bonus to disrupt, reduce crit etc. Then any spare renown not needed to get over 40% base parry etc. Can be used to enhance wounds/strength. I'll be building probably full armour talism on conq set.

This is the build I had in mind: RoR.builders - Warrior Priest.

Any suggestions/ideas?
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
xtc1999
Banned

Re: [WP] Tanky melee healer build.

Post#2 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:48 pm

pretty much, spec atleast 30rr in futile strikes, you will still die a lot when focused by evil premades and you will not be as good of a healer as a regular WP
EAT YOUR KFC LADS!

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:40 pm

you'll be doing no damage whatsoever without divine fury or fanaticism

you need fanaticism for max parry

what is your aim? to use casted heals? using a 2h will straght away put you at a disadvantage, your casted heals will be dogshit given you have no points spec'd into the heal tree, your melee heals will be dogshit because you havent got divine fury/any strength

if your goal is to just simply....be there and take a pounding while not doing anything...then by all means, try it out.

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#4 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:08 pm

To preface what i'm about to say, I realize that WP does have a bit more real melee heal potential than dok AND i'll be speaking from the perspective of dok so you'll have to translate the ability names since i'm on mobile and cba to go look them up ;)

That said, if you're simply looking for a more active healing build (as opposed to what I feel is a very boring backline style of healing) I may have another option for you. On my dok I spec defensive with FS, dodge/disrupt and parry, then I spec into the aoe detaunt which in turn makes my Essence Lash stronger thanks to the additional points in the dps tree. I will then spec up into the heal tree and take the 3sec channel heal, the bubble, the group hot and the grp cleanse tactic. I put the remaining few points in the melee heal tree to boost those abilities a bit, which will make sense in a moment.

So my whole goal here is to avoid using Blood Offering (the 5sec channel for building my soul essence) as much as possible since 1.) it's 5 sec that you're not healing anyone and 2.) the animation is so obvious that the enemy can see what i'm doing and they'll do their best to interrupt it. Instead i rely on Essence Lash, Fist of Khaine, and Transfer Essence to regain SE, the last of which heals my group by a small amount WHILE i'm working on getting that SE. I keep Essence Lash on cd as much as i can (this requires really good positioning and serious situational awareness since ANY melee ability puts you in melee range to the enemy and EL works best when you have a nice blob of people to attack), and I try to assist the MA using FoK and TE. My dmg ofc isn't anything to get excited about but that isn't the point, the entire point is to NOT be using that 5 sec channel that makes you a sitting, useless, duck. This playstyle is way more fun than backline heal spamming, it requires you to have your head on a swivel and, imo, has really great synergy in a melee-train group. The beauty of it is that if you're in a ranged grp or you're getting pushed by the enemy you can always fall back to the backline and go back to the more "traditional" healbot playstyle to get your group stable.

Just something to try out if you're bored :)

Shalktonin

Post#5 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:00 pm

CegeePegee wrote:To preface what i'm about to say, I realize that WP does have a bit more real melee heal potential than dok AND i'll be speaking from the perspective of dok so you'll have to translate the ability names since i'm on mobile and cba to go look them up ;)

That said, if you're simply looking for a more active healing build (as opposed to what I feel is a very boring backline style of healing) I may have another option for you. On my dok I spec defensive with FS, dodge/disrupt and parry, then I spec into the aoe detaunt which in turn makes my Essence Lash stronger thanks to the additional points in the dps tree. I will then spec up into the heal tree and take the 3sec channel heal, the bubble, the group hot and the grp cleanse tactic. I put the remaining few points in the melee heal tree to boost those abilities a bit, which will make sense in a moment.

So my whole goal here is to avoid using Blood Offering (the 5sec channel for building my soul essence) as much as possible since 1.) it's 5 sec that you're not healing anyone and 2.) the animation is so obvious that the enemy can see what i'm doing and they'll do their best to interrupt it. Instead i rely on Essence Lash, Fist of Khaine, and Transfer Essence to regain SE, the last of which heals my group by a small amount WHILE i'm working on getting that SE. I keep Essence Lash on cd as much as i can (this requires really good positioning and serious situational awareness since ANY melee ability puts you in melee range to the enemy and EL works best when you have a nice blob of people to attack), and I try to assist the MA using FoK and TE. My dmg ofc isn't anything to get excited about but that isn't the point, the entire point is to NOT be using that 5 sec channel that makes you a sitting, useless, duck. This playstyle is way more fun than backline heal spamming, it requires you to have your head on a swivel and, imo, has really great synergy in a melee-train group. The beauty of it is that if you're in a ranged grp or you're getting pushed by the enemy you can always fall back to the backline and go back to the more "traditional" healbot playstyle to get your group stable.

Just something to try out if you're bored :)
Yeah this is almost exactly how i've been playing my WP whats interesting is that quite often people will ignore my WP in their back lines smiteing their clustered casters. Which frequently lets me heal longer and better than using supplication. The flip side is that sometimes it doesn't work out so well and Cee is right you have to be aware of your surroundings all the time.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene

anarchypark

Post#6 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:22 pm

good to see a fellow tank WP.
full grace
80 wounds(800hp), 150 heal from sigmar's shield, 120 str/tough steal, aoe detaunt. sigmar's vision if u want.

unfortunately we can't stand in front line, like real tank.
because of focus fire and CC.
second line, right behind tanks or side line, flanking are our best position.

i think 3 is maximum number we can handle. evacuate when more inc.
as long as there are tanks in front line, tank WP are fine.

guard don't work with detaunt. if u had guard save it for emergency.

after disrupt mechanic change, i pursue this build.
2h healer
half willpower half str build. grp heal spam between sigmar's radiance.
it lacks ST burst heal. harder to survive WE/mara than full grace build.
if u had pocket guard this might work. disrupting sorc and good healing amount.

RR skill is too vary.
parry rr+parry tactic+parry skill(sigmar's vision) - good but useless when KD+focus
melee crit for burst heal - hard to find squishy target.
futile strike for more tanky - good until init debuff

I think WP have low init. crit debuff is dangerous. i used to run full futile strike.
not sure now.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:53 pm

Your melee heals will be pretty laughable without divine fury slotted.

roadkillrobin

Post#8 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:13 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Your melee heals will be pretty laughable without divine fury slotted.
Thats not correct.
The base heal is very solid and ignores both inc and out healdebuffs.
If you run Grace of SIgmar aswell, then your melee heals often outheal almoast every Touch of Divine coz of healdebuffs.
And thats even with no STR items and no offensive tactics.
It just brings more risks of being on the frontline, the heals are good.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:33 pm

Surely the melee heal increases if you do more damage? Are the base heals without DF that good? I've never tried it.

Scottx125

Post#10 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:23 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:you'll be doing no damage whatsoever without divine fury or fanaticism

you need fanaticism for max parry

what is your aim? to use casted heals? using a 2h will straght away put you at a disadvantage, your casted heals will be dogshit given you have no points spec'd into the heal tree, your melee heals will be dogshit because you havent got divine fury/any strength

if your goal is to just simply....be there and take a pounding while not doing anything...then by all means, try it out.
The aim is to be as tanky as possible, ignoring casting heals and using Sigmars radiance(and other abilities) to heal as much as possible, without melting immediately on the front-lines. I've read that crit healing is extremely useful, and at the moment I'm extremely torn between the Conq set and the Dom set. However as far as I can see, the conq set has the more useful bonuses but lacks strength and WS. Which I plan to increase with talis and RR. Also taking the Genesis heal stuff, I'm hoping to average 40 parry/disrupt, maybe 50. What I'm unsure of is how to make myself more effectively tanky so I can actually get some healing off. And considering i'll only have 8 tali points, even If i put all of them into armour. That's still only at most 3400 armour, with a pot that can get close to 4k, but still that's pretty low. Toughness is the same as it wouldn't have enough to make much impact. Only thing I think is worth investing in is damage avoidance, wounds, strength and maybe weapon skill. But i'm no expert which is why I'm here :P.

TlDR; Looking for a WP melee healer build which can survive on the front-line(unless heavily focused), whilst still doing enough dps to heal effectively. - My issue is I understand WP in melee need to do damage to do healing, but you need to survive long enough to actually do that damage xD.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.