Recent Topics

Ads

[BW] It should or not?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
lefze
Suspended

Re: [BW] It should or not?

Post#11 » Thu May 31, 2018 3:49 pm

Reesh wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:53 pm
Sulorie wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:39 pm
CptPiggy wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:14 pm Oki now I know that flashfire is rebuild.tell me is it worth using this tactic when it not gives us insta casts anymore? 50% less cast and u can do it on the move.dunno if its worth or not?
Yes, what is not to like about it?
With it's current implementation it is a substantial damage loss over other dmg increasing tactics.
It's still godly in bombing.
In Single Target - not worth it.
Call me crazy, but I love it for everything. Makes you timestamp people even in bomb spec, fireball-sear-nova-FBB and people drop unless you are unlucky with procs. Also for regular ST rotations, getting a fireball in instead of pyrosurge is priceless, so damn good.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
CptPiggy

Post#12 » Thu May 31, 2018 4:53 pm

hm intresting what you guys saying. tell me the burn througj tactic is good? also im single target spec should I use fireball in rotation or ignite, boiling blood, slow boil, sear, WH, pyroclastic and nova only?

Reesh

Post#13 » Thu May 31, 2018 6:32 pm

lefze wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:49 pm
Reesh wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:53 pm
Spoiler:
Sulorie wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:39 pm

Yes, what is not to like about it?
With it's current implementation it is a substantial damage loss over other dmg increasing tactics.
It's still godly in bombing.
In Single Target - not worth it.
Call me crazy, but I love it for everything. Makes you timestamp people even in bomb spec, fireball-sear-nova-FBB and people drop unless you are unlucky with procs. Also for regular ST rotations, getting a fireball in instead of pyrosurge is priceless, so damn good.
Seems like you run mostly bomb spec and in that situation it can be okay, to throw fireball there and there.
However in full st spec there's no place for it if you want to kill targets reliably and effectively.
Btw, when running Corp debuff, on crit fireball does only 200-300 more dmg then Pyro. Is that small difference in dmg worth the additional 1s cast, or 0,5s (when in flashfire mode) which is basically a gcd of more than powerful dps wise instant ticks worth it? I doubt it.

Regardless, with it bw feels more fluent, but it's not more effective. It's worse.

Arteker616

Post#14 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:32 am

delcon wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:17 pm Flash fire is a pile of poo now in wb ,
It used to,make up for des wb synergy and moral drain ,
In its current state ff is not used any more , and fiery blast is only used to hit oil at keeps ,
It’s a shame that a must have tactic is now not useable in an aoe wb and a core ability is off your main rotation list . Bad change imo ,
St bw,s still use it ?
a pile of poo? it has become a perfect tool for wb play since it allow u to cast on the move. helping you to position before u drop the aoe combined with CC+FM it totaly destroy the old classic anhilate fb combo.

Zaxxond

Post#15 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:14 am

The FF change was a nice little buff for the AOE WB BW. I still use FF in single target and imo it is STILL a must have tactic to build around in a few different tactic builds (Namely the disrupt build)

delcon

Post#16 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:00 am

Why do I want to move when I am with 5 other bw laying aoe pressure on the same location ,

If it works for you fine , I was just saying with the disrupts and ff change frontline bombing bw has lost dps and against organised des wb,s now you don’t have the spike that the old ff fab combo gave you to break them .

simtex
Suspended

Post#17 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:33 am

FF is great for ST, and i dont consider the change a nerf since you had to acctually stand still before to use instant cast(or maybe that was on live) the cast time is still the same as a GCD with fireball or lower with FB, so i dont see how anyone can whine about that.

It even gives you more control over your burst than the old version, but undefendable fireball/pyro is still better in my book.
Beautybeast|Buffedbabe|Inikah|Simtex|Seifu
twitch

BreezeKicker

Post#18 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:09 am

simtex wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:33 am FF is great for ST, and i dont consider the change a nerf since you had to acctually stand still before to use instant cast(or maybe that was on live) the cast time is still the same as a GCD with fireball or lower with FB, so i dont see how anyone can whine about that.

It even gives you more control over your burst than the old version, but undefendable fireball/pyro is still better in my book.
On RoR for a very long time before the change to 50% cast red. from insta cast you could use it on the move.

Even on live you only had to only pause for a fraction of second to get it off. The mobility portion of it was never a issue IMO.

What the old insta cast effect allowed it to do was spike on to top of other spells [end of annihilate] or a quick dmg on fleeing clump

The tactic began to overperform after the disrupt changes where you only need to place one or to AoE dots on enemy healer clump to get a proc every 3 seconds. For some time the icd was increased to 6 seconds so the spike was still possible but less frequent. Then it was reverted back to 3s but as 50 cast reduction.

I would rather have the middle ground of it having a hefty ICD [6+] with an insta cast to go along with it rather than having it as 50 % every 3 [for front line bombing you may as well slot CQ and have the same effect ( ye I know it is then stationary) without ICD which makes one or the other tactics obsolete depending on preferences (100% uptime vs mobility answer range)
Sunset-BW...(M)|Starlight-SM.
Moon-WP..........|Mayor-ENG
Vanguard-KotBs|Breeze-WL
Aryanne-WH

Leader of CNTK branch @RoR

Ads
simtex
Suspended

Post#19 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:36 pm

Spoiler:
BreezeKicker wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:09 am
simtex wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:33 am FF is great for ST, and i dont consider the change a nerf since you had to acctually stand still before to use instant cast(or maybe that was on live) the cast time is still the same as a GCD with fireball or lower with FB, so i dont see how anyone can whine about that.

On RoR for a very long time before the change to 50% cast red. from insta cast you could use it on the move.

Even on live you only had to only pause for a fraction of second to get it off. The mobility portion of it was never a issue IMO.

What the old insta cast effect allowed it to do was spike on to top of other spells [end of annihilate] or a quick dmg on fleeing clump

The tactic began to overperform after the disrupt changes where you only need to place one or to AoE dots on enemy healer clump to get a proc every 3 seconds. For some time the icd was increased to 6 seconds so the spike was still possible but less frequent. Then it was reverted back to 3s but as 50 cast reduction.

I would rather have the middle ground of it having a hefty ICD [6+] with an insta cast to go along with it rather than having it as 50 % every 3 [for front line bombing you may as well slot CQ and have the same effect ( ye I know it is then stationary) without ICD which makes one or the other tactics obsolete depending on preferences (100% uptime vs mobility answer range)
Most likely valid points but i have never played in bombing warbands and probably never will, im unable to reply.
Beautybeast|Buffedbabe|Inikah|Simtex|Seifu
twitch

CptPiggy

Post#20 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:34 am

guys I have trouble with finding good rotation for single target. could some1 give me hint how nice rotation should look like?some bw's I asked uses fireball some of them not. also for single target what tactics should be used?